Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction Damage Mods

CitizenV

Question

A few weeks ago, after testing these mods, I made a thread on reddit explaining my findings (see below). However, I still see quite a few people wondering about the usefulness of these mods, so I decided to post here as well and try to reach a larger amount of people :).

Faction damage mods actually increase your base damage (in turn will increase 'elemental' damage), and they also stack multiplicatively with other base damage mods (not just a flat +30% base damage increase).

Here are some numbers to give everyone a better idea of how useful they can be:

Suppose you have a maxed faction damage mod (+30%) and a maxed Hornet Strike (+240%). One way to calculate your base damage is as follows:

(1 + modA + modB)* (1 + modF) - 1

modA - your standard base damage mod (Serration, Hornet Strike, Point Blank, etc.)

modB - only used if have a second base damage mod, like Blaze and Rending Strike which stack additively with the standard base damage mods.

modF - your faction damage mod.

So using the example above of maxed faction damage mod and Hornet Strike, your base damage will be:

(1 + 2.2) * (1 + .3) - 1 = 3.16 = 316% (vs. 220% for maxed Hornet Strike).

This means a maxed base faction mod will give you an additional 96% base damage for Pistols, assuming you have a maxed rank Hornet Strike.

If you were using a Kunai, your base damage with just Hornet Strike would be 144 (3.4 * 45), while with both mods, it would be 187 (4.16 * 45). I checked it in-game just to verify again: Hornet Strike image, Hornet Strike + Expel Infested image.

Based on this, it's apparent faction damage mods can be quite useful, so when you're loading out your weapon, do consider equipping one.

Also, faction bane mods work on bosses :), but they sadly do not work on Corrupted.

Edited by CitizenV

4 answers to this question