Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life past PS4/Xbox One

After seeing the Tennocon videos and seeing what they have in mind, I'm concerned about what happens to our accounts after the PS4 and Xbox One reach end-of-life. Are we going to be stuck with vastly inferior graphics and content? Is DE going to stop issuing updates after they reach the limit of what the PS4 and Xbox content can manage?

I currently play on the PS4 because that's where my friends brought me in, but my interest in the game exceeds that and many of them have bailed for other games and, life in general. I've been playing less than a year, but have racked up 600 hours in that time. I'm just curious how much of a future I'm going to have moving forward as we get closer to the PS5 and Xbox 2 and I'm wondering if I completely screwed myself by starting my account and spending my money on the PS4 version.

I've wondered about this. But chances are good that your account will move to the next gen console in the same line (PS4 account available on PS5). It's not like you are buying a new game for the new console, so it should be fine.

33 minutes ago, GrimDelta said:

Xbox one x is more than capable to push those insane graphics.Same goes for Ps4 pro.The problem is for the first gen xbox one and ps4.

I'm pretty sure OP is talking Project Scarlett and PS5. I'm guessing Warframe will be re-released on those, it'd be objectively stupid for Microsoft and Sony to not carry Warframe on.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

If they are, I'm not seeing it. I have a PS4 Pro and I'm not seeing that level of graphics.

Because Xbox one x and PS4 had yet to receive the enhancement.My xbox one x looks pretty nice on plains.The horsepower under the hood should suffice to run upcoming Venus map.
Account will carry on with the next console release,  they cant risk losing customers.Plus from the Demo i kinda believe they are running the Upcoming lighting engine they were talking a while back.This is still Demo stage so the final version might not look as good.Time will tell.
Think about it a bit:There are still games on Xbox one x, ps4 pro that look the same as the inferior counterparts.All i can see in that video is a way superior lighting engine.

Edited by GrimDelta

12 hours ago, (PS4)PuriDiv said:

Your account information is saved to DE's servers so as long as you don't try to switch to XBOX or PC from PS4, you should be good, moving on. Our accounts will most likely transfer over to the PS5 whenever that becomes a thing

DE only saves the account information of PC players. Microsoft and Sony claim jurisdiction of the two consoles. They own the data of the console users. This is also why console to PC account migrations are rare because DE has to pull data from Microsoft/Sony (a very tedious process if thousands of players are trying to do it), and also pulls activity away from the consoles, which is something neither MS or Sony want. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

47 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

and also pulls activity away from the consoles, which is something neither MS or Sony want. 

Microsoft has been pretty vocal about wanting people to be able to play anywhere. Probably because they recognize it's one of the few ways they still have to combat the PlayStation's dominance this generation. Frankly, I'm pretty annoyed at Sony's policy around crossplay while claiming to be pro-gamer. It feels like Microsoft, as usual, had ideas that customers just weren't ready for and Sony just kind of lucked into things because they didn't actually do anything new.

My frustration comes from Sony saying that opposing cross-play is actually pro-gamer since they can't control how people behave on their network. But Sony doesn't do anything to protect people on their network. It's not like hate speech isn't a thing or toxic players aren't a thing. Sony is actually really bad in dealing with them. This is a decision routed in making as much money as possible. Pretending otherwise is just disingenuous and sours me on the platform.