The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Low GPU, CPU and RAM usage resulting in low FPS

AMEIZO

My specs are:
Ryzen 3 1200 @3.1GHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Vram

8GB RAM 2400MHz

Both CPU and GPU usage do not go beyond 50-60%, sometimes dipping down to 20% resulting in 35-40 fps. What I tried: Windowed mode, Borderless window, Fullscreen, V-sync on or off, Adaptive sync and Fast sync (through Nvidia control panel), removing GPU particles in the WF settings, disabling DX11 or DX10 in the launcher, ran in x32 bit and in x64 bit. Nothing has worked so far. Graphic drivers are up to date. CPU is around 50C and the GPU at 62C-65C, so no overheating. RAM is at about 4GB of usage. Playing on 1080p @60Hz. The game is running on a HDD with 7200rpm, also no abnormal usages there. Help?

Edited by AMEIZO

57 minutes ago, McSkops said:

Have you checked the performance Solo? Myself and others are getting poor performance in squads.

Same performance. I dont know what the problem is here, unfortunately...

Same issue here, I'll see drops below 60 in public matches with no CPU thread above 50% and my GPU at <25% usage. Haven't particularly paid attention in solo. I've had this issue for quite a while, too.

R7 1700, 290X, 16GB RAM.

I've done all the usual tricks, no dice.

The problem is that the game utilizes 1 core 2 threads only. So the rest of your CPU is pretty much idle, and with that amount of cpu power in a multiplayer game with lots of particle effects and enemies, it is no surprise that your FPS tanks. 

Problem is a CPU hog. You can get the best rig in the world and your FPS will tank in a 4 man squad with lots of abilities bein thrown around.

Edited by White_Matter

8 hours ago, White_Matter said:

The problem is that the game utilizes 1 core 2 threads only. So the rest of your CPU is pretty much idle, and with that amount of cpu power in a multiplayer game with lots of particle effects and enemies, it is no surprise that your FPS tanks. 

Problem is a CPU hog. You can get the best rig in the world and your FPS will tank in a 4 man squad with lots of abilities bein thrown around.

Like I said, I've never seen a single thread go over 50%. This isn't the issue, or else Task Manager is massively inaccurate.

19 hours ago, RichBoyCaptain said:

I Had the same issue with a GTX 980.I uninstalled the latest drivers and then i installed older ones and it fixed the issue for me.

Do you know what exact version you downloaded?

On 2018-07-10 at 4:24 PM, White_Matter said:

I've seen the FPS drop even when no one was doing anything. I'm convinced it's to do with the extra enemy spawns you get from being in a squad.

19 hours ago, BraveDude8 said:

Like I said, I've never seen a single thread go over 50%. This isn't the issue, or else Task Manager is massively inaccurate.

Better use MSI afterburner's monitor. You'll get more accurate information regarding every core and thread.

3 hours ago, McSkops said:

I've seen the FPS drop even when no one was doing anything. I'm convinced it's to do with the extra enemy spawns you get from being in a squad.

It is the same thing. Number of enemy spawns take a toll on CPU. 

On 2018-07-11 at 7:55 PM, White_Matter said:

Better use MSI afterburner's monitor. You'll get more accurate information regarding every core and thread.

It is the same thing. Number of enemy spawns take a toll on CPU. 

The only additional information Afterburner gives is clock speed per thread, and that's irrelevant because I've got it running at an all core OC. It's nowhere near maxing out any part of my system, and it's still performing terribly.

This is the exact problem I'm having. This has forced me and some others to quit.

Either way, has there been an official response from DE? I'm curious what the progress on fixing this is.

I have an RX 560 and Ryzen 1400, by the way.