The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Video freezes but game keeps going

phazefox

sometimes, so far only in the plains of eidolon, the screen freezes. however it's clear from the sound that the game is still running, not only is the sound still playing, it also still reacts to commands, i can shoot and use abilities and all, but the screen is stuck on a single frozen image. this happens very randomly, and i'm not sure it's related to GPU load, at first i thought it was since it happened whem fighting an eidolon, but then it recently happened while loading into Cetus. sometimes there's entire days i don't have this happen but it keeps comming back.

i'm playing on a laptop connected to a TV, these are my specs:

laptop_specs.PNG

I thought I'd reply to this thread instead of making one of my own since I'm facing the same issue. I've had this bug/performance issue in the past but it happened maybe once a day at most, now its happening every 10-20 mins, once an hour if i'm very lucky. 

Have followed all advice on the following link to no avail, tried borderless, full screen, DX10, DX11. Optimised everything via game launcher. Optimised drivers via Nvidia control panel and I've even gone as far as playing on lowest graphics settings I can to no avail, even though I'm able to run the game on high settings. 

Its getting pretty hard to find solutions to this issue since some of the fixes for it go back as far as 2016 from what I can see and include turning off settings that are no longer present in game. Would really love to get a fix once and for all, I've had to play story quests multiple times and god forbid if I try running the index.

huh, guess i really am not the only one, i've only had the issue since recently, i'm not certain when it started but it was after the sacrifice update. also i did some monitoring and it doesn't seem to be related to GPU load in the slightest, i've been checking my temperatures at various points in the game and the GPU crash doesn't relate to high temperatues if anything. the weirdest part is i get the highest temperature in the starchart of all places

Edited by phazefox

This happens because of a TDR crash. I'm not the best at explaining and even I'm not completely sure what it is.

But there's one fix that was posted in this thread from March that explains TDR better than I ever could. I haven't tried it myself however.

@Tazmai i checked the event viewer on the latest crash, it does show a warning similar to the one on that thread, but the thing is i had already used DDU and made a fresh instal of both my Nvidia and Intel drivers, all drivers and components should be working right, and i even got an overall performance improvement after doing that, but the driver crashes still happen, and it still happens only on warframe

furthermore, it can't be an overclocking issue because my GPU isn't overclocked to beggin with

Edited by phazefox

Its not a tdr issue dont spread false information that fix wont fix it

I've edited registry keys related to TDR and it affects the TDR process (for example: increasing the length of time it waits for the drivers to respond again). If you have any ideas what it could be instead, be my guest.

Edited by Tazmai

15 hours ago, phazefox said:

@Tazmai i checked the event viewer on the latest crash, it does show a warning similar to the one on that thread, but the thing is i had already used DDU and made a fresh instal of both my Nvidia and Intel drivers, all drivers and components should be working right, and i even got an overall performance improvement after doing that, but the driver crashes still happen, and it still happens only on warframe

furthermore, it can't be an overclocking issue because my GPU isn't overclocked to beggin with

Yeah, I tried it myself and it didn't work. I even flashed my motherboard and I'm still getting it. Sorry I can't help. ;-;

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, modalmojo said:

It happened again just now in PoE.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN IN PoE, 2 TIMES IN A ROW, WASTED ALL EFFORTS AND TIME!!

Does the Vauban update have something to do with this bug?!

Edited by modalmojo