The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe for Switch, EXCITED, but wondering

Kaethill

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

There's still a chance that Nintendo will allow players to log in to their PC account on the Switch.

For example, Nintendo allows Minecraft players to log into their MS account and unlock Xbox achievements.

yeah, I don't see why not if Nintendo allows it.. It'd be a more advance version of the warframe App where you can actually play the game. I'd need to buy a switch keyboard though lol

52 minutes ago, (XB1)devoltar said:

I've stated it elsewhere but I think some form of cross-play is going to be critical to success on the Switch, as no matter what it's likely to have the lowest population of any console, and the itch for people to have a better presentation of the game when playing at home is going to be much stronger than it is with the current consoles.

Related tidbit, this video comparing the switch version of Wolfenstein is worth looking at if you want to get a feel for how Panic Button adapts these games for Switch - the resolution drops in particular will be likely necessary for things like Venus and Onslaught:

Edited by (XB1)devoltar

Given Sony’s stubborn attitude about cross platform play I doubt it’ll be a thing for consoles, PC is another story. Now as for Warframe porting over to switch, I’m not sure if that’s a great idea. Sure, it sounds good but that means DE has to have a new console team for the switch and the cert process will take even longer and consoles will be even further behind. Not to mention DE is a small team and they may have spread themselves too thin in doing this. Unless of course they get more people dedicated to their console team. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

There's still a chance that Nintendo will allow players to log in to their PC account on the Switch.

For example, Nintendo allows Minecraft players to log into their MS account and unlock Xbox achievements on the Switch.

It's not a problem of Nintendo allowing it - they do. DE has to support it, and the problem with that currently is that the game versions are out of sync which creates account data problems. If they change that it would theoretically be possible with Switch, Xbox, and PC (either cross play or cross save). Cross-save would also have some weird game economy consequences that you don't have to worry about in Minecraft, because plat is trade-able and if you weren't fully playing together you would have different but kind of connected plat economies. 

Plat is also one of the big issues with cross-play in general, as it is handled very differently on console than PC, with no daily discounts on plat purchases since they can't apply to their respective stores, and Tennogen via plat purchases since there's the lack of a Steam store for profit sharing. This can also be a sticking point with the storefronts since purchases on other platforms don't benefit them - but clearly they worked that part out for Fortnite.

Yea from what I understand you may transfer. You also may be able to log in on the Switch using you PC account. But no direct answer on crossplay, they may be tethered to seperate servers. But if the do crossplay, will Nintendo have exclusive skins? Will PC Accounts be able to buy them? Pikachu on Excalibur's shoulder? 

EXCALIBUR WEILDING THE MASTER SWORD... I cant get over this. I personally don't care if I have to restart, just as long as I can keep my Tennocon exclusives somehow 

Will old events be available temporarily here, will al Prime Access be availble for a limited time?

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

2 hours ago, Sadroth said:

Well everyone has a way to play games 🙂
I personally LOVE the swtich, power isnt everything 😉

True but if you cannot run your beloved game because of power issues then it is a bad thing.

I personally find the switch bad in the data capacity because that 30-32 g is so small and in my 14-15 years old pc has the 5 times the size of this. If I remember correctly. A stronger switch with more data capacity and free space would be nice beyond this the only issue is the cross play.