Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Access Dojo Permission

Neyo

I understand that it may be an unpopular or troll inducing idea, but can we add back the ability to disallow people from entering the Dojo? The "Host" permission was really nice when I needed to enforce policies such as joining our clan's Discord, but was removed when the Dojo's became hosted by DE.

Yes, i also used this to check the grounds of new clanmates and to apply punishments when the activity or effort fell below a certain ratio, to see if the player would make an effort climbing back up or would instead leave, making it a clear statement and even automated, (meaning without my intervention) if the player was worthy to keep around or not.

Now everyone gets access to the dojo meaning that even if i don't reveal research, players can (to a certain degree) test the waters and find the level of research inside, it was much better when the ability to enter on their own wasn't enabled as they needed to make some effort to atleast be granted that.

There is a portion of the playerbase that don't look to clans as clans, they are only interested in research, so having several layers to prevent them from joining a clan outside their mentality is apreciated, a quality clan isn't made wtith players only interested in completed research.

The hat will serve someone i'm sure, but i mean no harm, only a filtering process and the ability to host was one of them

Edited by KIREEK

On 2018-07-14 at 11:52 AM, KIREEK said:

Yes, i also used this to check the grounds of new clanmates and to apply punishments when the activity or effort fell below a certain ration, to see if the player would make an effort climbing back up or would instead leave, making it a clear statement and even automated, (meaning without my intervention) if the player was worthy to keep around or not.

Now everyone gets access to the dojo meaning that even if i don't reveal research, players can (to a certain degree) test the waters and find the level of research inside, it was much better when the ability to enter on their own wasn't enabled as they needed to make some effort to atleast be granted that.

There is a portion of the playerbase that don't look to clans as clans, they are only interested in research, so having several layers to prevent them from joining a clan outside their mentality is apreciated, a quality clan isn't made wtith players only interested in completed research.

The hat will serve someone i'm sure, but i mean no harm, only a filtering process and the ability to host was one of them

Exactly. It helps ensure that policies are followed.