Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Consequences abandoning team

(PSN)jeffreyjop

I've been thinking (and stressing) about it more and more, people who just leave when they don't have any revives left.

In normal missions like exterminate and resque this does't really matter.

But when it comes to missions like high level defence and survival this can become quite frustrating, especially if it's during Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.

Host has no revives left -> leaves game -> host migration -> 9/10 times its instant game over.

Do you guys have any experiences with this annoying problem or have any ideas how it could be fixed?

This came up a bunch with my clan's thought's on self sufficient Tenno, and the idea of healers been "needed" in certain missions. My stance is if you go into a Global game, a mission where the game matches you with others you are responsible for you. Carry your weight, do what you can for the team and get the job done. The idea of needing healers or Tenno without any revives seems a bit more of a low level problem than what I am seeing currently.

The big thing here is the game does has methods for this currently; find a group of Tenno for what you are doing that are your skill level in Recruiting for what you are doing. This removes a lot of the chances of bad situations from happening when you have an active plan of what is going down before the mission starts. The situation can also be removed entirely by focusing on clearing the content solo.

As for creating a system to punish people who drop out of a game? Personally I think this is a back-step to what is already in the game. Some players actively look at their stats for completion and failure of mission in their profile, and that is enough for them. Things happen and needing to leave for whatever reason shouldn't be penalized at all.

Rethinking about the original concept of players you are dealing with that have no revives made me feel like you think it's a representation of your game-play if they cannot get revives in missions with you. If they got downed it was most likely not your fault, and the dying state is a second chance that only happens when grouped with other people. If you get to revive them, cool. But sometimes it is more of a bad idea to revive that one Tenno who is way far deep in enemies and they should take the revive and temporary invulnerability than put the whole team at risk of the mission. 

Biggest thing is if you are really stressing about other people's revives you need to relax! This game is meant to be fun and intense but doesn't mean it should ever stress you out more than it should. Play with friends and have a good time!

Edited by Inspector
spelling

I thought host migration issues were fixed... especially with onslaught. All the ones I have had in Onslaught since the last fix for it have been successful migrations. Can't believe this is still happening.

Also, WE can't do much to fix this because it's really because of how the game is designed right now.  Players being the host is the problem. Dedicated hosting on DE's end would be the ideal fix but it's understandable that hey had to start off cheap due to the situation they had.

5 minutes ago, Inspector said:

This came up a bunch with my clan's thought's on self sufficient Tenno, and the idea of healers been "needed" in certain missions. My stance is if you go into a Global game, a mission where the game matches you with others you are responsible for you. Carry your weight, do what you can for the team and get the job done. The idea of needing healers or Tenno without any revives seems a bit more of a low level problem than what I am seeing currently.

The big thing here is the game does has methods for this currently; find a group of Tenno for what you are doing that are your skill level in Recruiting for what you are doing. This removes a lot of the chances of bad situations from happening when you have an active plan of what is going down before the mission starts. The situation can also be removed entirely by focusing on clearing the content solo.

As for creating a system to punish people who drop out of a game? Personally I think this is a back-step to what is already in the game. Some players actively look at their stats for completion and failure of mission in their profile, and that is enough for them. Things happen and needing to leave for whatever reason shouldn't be penalized at all.

Rethinking about the original concept of players you are dealing with that have no revives made me feel like you think it's a representation of your game-play if they cannot get revives in missions with you. If they got downed it was most likely not your fault, and the dying state is a second chance that only happens when grouped with other people. If you get to revive them, cool. But sometimes it is more of a bad idea to revive that one Tenno who is way far deep in enemies and they should take the revive and temporary invulnerability than put the whole team at risk of the mission. 

Biggest thing is if you are really stressing about other people's revives you need to relax! This game is meant to be fun and intense but doesn't mean it should ever stress you out more than it should. Play with friends and have a good time! 

I understand what you're saying but it's still frustrating, I personally Don't have a lot of people to play with so playing with randoms is the way to go for me. I also think there should be some kind of systems to give some sort of consequence. Not talking about banning them for a certain amount of time but something that gives the signal that it's not the way to go. I also don't think that system should be on every mission but maybe just the higher level content like sorties and the elite sanctuary onslaught.

7 minutes ago, Kyryo said:

Well, you can't force permanently dead people to stay 40h in a mission looking at a screen... 

I'm not talking about those kind of mission and you probably know that. I'm talking about missions that last 30 minutes maybe, and if you indeed die at the beginning of those 30 minutes you shouldn't have joined in the first place since it apparently isn't for you.

7 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

I thought host migration issues were fixed... especially with onslaught. All the ones I have had in Onslaught since the last fix for it have been successful migrations. Can't believe this is still happening.

Also, WE can't do much to fix this because it's really because of how the game is designed right now.  Players being the host is the problem. Dedicated hosting on DE's end would be the ideal fix but it's understandable that hey had to start off cheap due to the situation they had.

I'm not sure if the fixed were also for PS4 since that is what I'm playing on. I really hope they indeed update the system since it can be really annoying but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Just now, (PS4)jeffreyjop said:

I'm not talking about those kind of mission and you probably know that. I'm talking about missions that last 30 minutes maybe, and if you indeed die at the beginning of those 30 minutes you shouldn't have joined in the first place since it apparently isn't for you

giphy-Jon-Hamm-Shrug.gif

I know, but you can't go around yelling "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" to everyone who comes. They enter, they die, then learn (i hope).

I could say that thing to you too: "If you are not able to solo 90% of the content like the elite, that place is not for you".

1 hour ago, Kyryo said:

giphy-Jon-Hamm-Shrug.gif

I know, but you can't go around yelling "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" to everyone who comes. They enter, they die, then learn (i hope).

I could say that thing to you too: "If you are not able to solo 90% of the content like the elite, that place is not for you".

But with that logic warframe should be a single player game. I just think there should be some sort of system where they not only teach what is too hard for them but also that it's not fair to let other people fail their mission just because you weren't good enough and happened to be the host.