Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts Are Barely Worth Doing

DellSalami

Alerts are a great way to give a bit more purpose for higher end people who have unlocked all locations, such as myself, it gives us something to do, to pass the time trying to finish upgrading and trying all the weapons, cause theres quite a few ? alert only weapons.

So in my opinoin they are absolutely fine

I think the ? alert missions are fine, but agree that basically any alert that isnt a '?' is worthless unless youve literally just started playing for the first time. (where money is needed)

I think giving the normal alerts a tiny percent chance of dropping one of the ? blueprints might be an ok idea,

however i think a better idea might be to increase the Rubedo,Alloy plate etc drop rate on regular alert missions only. So that people will be more inclined to do them, without subtracting from the value of the ? alert missions by putting bps in regular missions.

If you took away all the alerts that did not give random rewards, you may only get a few alerts a week. They have to balance the possibility of getting a good item by making it less likely to happen, whether with probability or just lack of applicable missions.

I say make all alerts have a random reward, but include more junk (I use this term lightly) for a reward like a bonus of resources, a credit multiplier, ammo boxes etc. Or have tiered alert missions with many of these junk reward alerts and then a rare gold alert with some boss or other dynamic challenge to make a better reward more appropriate at the level's end.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/9526-its-time-for-a-change-to-the-alert-system/#entry76202

"Hey guys - keep in mind this is the very first go at the alerts system. There will always be skinner boxes/RNG in games like this, but I agree its very frustrating.

Things we like about the Alerts:

-The small sense of 'life' it adds to the game. Missions are coming and going, even when you're offline. The sense of excitement when a new one pops up.

-One of the few 'one-time-only' items we track in the game, so we don't accidentally give 1 billion copies of item X that we are trying to sell for money to supporters of the game.

Things we do not like about Alerts and thus will be changing:

-How rare the cool stuff is.

-How there is a lack of anticipation (e.g. it would be nice to get some intel on upcoming alerts so you don't need to be ever-vigilant).

-How many are generated with lame rewards.

I get the frustration and I think we're defending the CONCEPT more than the shoddy, first-pass implementation. :)

Hang in there, we get the message, loud and clear!"

From scanning the Alert board i got Feb 9 we got a catalyst, feb 3 another Jan 27,25. I think one of those was a reactor, though.

So they are popping them out not that far from each other recently.

And now i am building a lot of stuff which requires a lot of creds so when an Alert pops up you assured to have a bunch of people playing it which makes the run quicker so that's some fash cash there.

From scanning the Alert board i got Feb 9 we got a catalyst, feb 3 another Jan 27,25. I think one of those was a reactor, though.

So they are popping them out not that far from each other recently.

Miss that, that too, ooh and that too...

My luck sucks.