Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow players to join in public endless game midway?

Ammisro

...A continuation of 'extracting from survival game alone'

I've just seen a thread talking about how it might be good if we could extracting alone in Survival mode, and how it'd be useful when running pub game relic. It also occured in my mind that, when we are running for 'whatever' prime in public relic fissure, having 4 players obviously ramp up the chances of getting rarer, or different prime parts to begin with.

If 'extracting alone' was to be implemented, it would leave the team with less people (which is already an issue with defense, if someone were to get out, everyone needs to). So I thought if there is any possibility that a system that allow players to join in ongoing endless missions after 'first rotation'. The big problem with this has to do with level scaling and there wouldn't be much incentive for players to do so, but perhaps a new option can be selected when clicking a planet. Join new/create new mission normally or join ongoing game.

At least, perhaps, allow us to invite friends or clansmate into ongoing game would still be a nice option too

EDIT: The new joiners will miss the rewards the team has received before they joined in, so there could be some bonus to be incentive for endgame players to join in a 'harder' game?

Edited by Yhtmahyll

It my be an issue if players are allowed to join in for the C rotation without having to do the 2 A's and B first. Possible solution would be to allow new players to join in only after every C rotation and until the next A rotation occurs, similar to how it works now. Players would have an option to 'join after 1st rotation' button that allows them to join these higher level missions.

Of course the best solution to the problem would be to add a server browser like every other 4 player coop game, but that's something DE doesn't seem to want think about