Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Help With Game Mechanics And Loki :/

Iris94

Well thats the biggest bonus for me I mean, minigunners forced to punch makes them super easy, but it works on every enemy with a gun, and some without.

As far as infested, maybe this information is outdated but when I played Loki I remember it hurting infested and doing stuff. According to the wiki though...

• Used on Infested, it will damage (can kill) and knockdown Chargers while dismembering Runners' and Leapers' arms. It has no effect on Ancients.

Yeah the wiki is dangerously out-dated. I've not even seen it knockdown/stun the Chargers.

In the higher levels though, Nyx would probably be better CC.

I agree, Nyx is the best at CC. I was just arguing that Loki can do some decent crowd control of his own as well. I would even say his ult is much better than Nyx's Ult... but last I checked her ult was broken and pretty much useless. :p I wouldnt call any of Loki's abilities useless

Okay I used Loki as my starter and still haven't moved from it (grinding for Frost Prime). It takes a bit to get it to the potential that makes on par with the other frames. I'm not saying it is a good warframe, just saying that with its abilities it can easily do just as well as the other frames it just takes a lot more skill.

I have my Loki potatoed with energy siphon for the regen. And if I find a decent group of players I tend to use disarm to create giant crowds to allow my teammates to maximize their ultimates or let me run and gun safely (usually utilizing safe spots). If you turn a T3 void crowd into only meleeing you just made the level 50-100 enemies become laughably easy. Plus, it prevents shield drones from shielding anyone hit by it.

I use Paris (potatoed), Kunai, Dual Ethers(these are for infesteds). My Paris right now has 120% damage bonus with +150% crit chance, +100% crit damage, 45% lightning, 45% freeze, and bane of grineer + fast hands as filler mods until I get better ones.

Always go for the headshot with the Paris. On a yellow crit it hits approx. 1800 for me. On red crits it can hit upwards of 3k damage. Don't forget that with the small fry that lining them up leads to multiple kills (most I have gotten with one shot was 5).

Basically with Loki, never stop moving unless you are meleeing your way through an infested horde (only until you can run away). And utilize sliding and unsliding as much as possible for the giant boost in speed to stay ahead.

Decoy is a very useful ability for both defenses and has allowed me to get to every treasure room in the void without issues once I learned Decoy + Swith Teleport.

Camo you can use to hack and slash everything to death for high damage. My favorite thing to do with it is actually to cloak to revive my teammates with no worry. You could even us it to hack terminals if a room is really dangerous and you don't think you can fight the enemies off. Camo has a lot of uses, you just have to use creativity.

*realized I forgot to list the mods on my Loki:

Energy Siphon maxed, Redirection 280%, Vitality 200%(to help with poison), Continuity max, Streamline maxed, Flow 100%, Fast Deflection 60% (faster recharge while cloaked), all 4 abilities maxed except switch which is at level 2/3.

Edited by Jefftiffy

Forgot to say i was with this game since its very start and I kind of got bored with it and reinstalled it yesterday :)
I love Loki and right now I am building an Ash to try him ^^
you can say I love stealthy gameplay :)
So I have experience, its just that I never really got far with this game and I was always thinking like well game will get easy on itself...well sure as hell it wont :D
thank you all for your advices
gonna go and team up with some high power players to try to get some good mods :)
thank you all 

I really dont get this game

Is there a way to become strong in this game if you are f2p ?

I mean I can only kill enemies that are 20- levels..anything above that pretty much owns me 

I am Loki, my primary weapon is paris and it really hurts to see myself trying to kill that one guy and then some random warframe comes and use some uber AOE and cleans whole room and I am like O.o

This game has no traditional levelling system that would allow me to become stronger trough skills but as far as I figure out its all about these card mods ?

So I am asking you good tennos that are willing to help

Any good advice for Loki with a bow ?

any good advice for Loki himself ?

how do you people get to smash asses with your weapons against enemies that are 30+ in few seconds -.-

do I need some rare mods for that or what ?

Any help is appriciated :)

thanks a lot

Loki is insanely powerful when you play to his strengths.  Maximize Invisibility and get Orthos Prime or Regular Orthos or any heavy melee weapon for that matter and your set, rest is just icing on cake.

Max Invis, mod for continuity, constitution, focus, streamline. And you can practically stay invis for entire map and just wreck face.

Great for leveling up, but at end game when alot of these ae dps frames find themselves lacking Loki truly shines for his utility is game changing at end game.

If you really need me to explain Loki to you, I will be glad to do so in a private message.

No, you will not clear rooms, but you will be effective in any and all situation with Loki, and have fun doing it.

Send me a PM, anyone for that matter, for a quick debriefing *Long guide* to Loki! It'd be my pleasure!

I don't see how it being extremely situational makes it any better, really. Sure it is nice against Grineer special units like Minigunners and Bombards, but 100 Energy to take out one enemy? Or rather, make it easier to take out one enemy (as it actually doesn't kill it for you!).

I dunno, man.

Might as well use a mere 25 Energy and set up a Decoy to take the fire from you while you blast the enemy to bits.

You have Frost as your avatar, so I will use frost as a reference.

You take your "Best" skill on Frost's Arsenal, Snowglobe, into a game. If you use it, you know it will block bullets and if something needs to die from inside there, it will be from close range.

Doing so, you remove any and all ability for people using Dread, Vulkar, Ogris, or Torid to get a clean shot, but you still do this.

Now you are not trolling, or hurting your team, because you think it helps. Imagine Radial Disarm does the same thing as what I just mentioned.

Which is funny, because Snowglobe and Radial Disarm have next to no purpose on infested!

I don't see how it being extremely situational makes it any better, really. Sure it is nice against Grineer special units like Minigunners and Bombards, but 100 Energy to take out one enemy? Or rather, make it easier to take out one enemy (as it actually doesn't kill it for you!).

I dunno, man.

Might as well use a mere 25 Energy and set up a Decoy to take the fire from you while you blast the enemy to bits.

When Grineer Rocket guy comes and he is around level 130 i am not thinking about 100 energy for one mob, i just cast RD so i can neutralize the threat. Loki is the most tactical frame, he doenst have play scheme. Everyone can play him differenty, you just need to find effective tactics that suit you. Not every frame is for everyone, i dont find Vauban any fun and he will be my last frame which i will level.

Edited by RoboDog

When Grineer Rocket guy comes and he is around level 130 i am not thinking about 100 energy for one mob, i just cast RD so i can neutralize the threat. Loki is the most tactical frame, he doenst have play scheme. Everyone can play him differenty, you just need to find effective tactics that suit you. Not every frame is for everyone, i dont find Vauban any fun and he will be my last frame which i will level.

Loki has different mechanics at hand to battle a problem.

Level 200 napalm? You can go invisible and just res your friends, you can switch teleport him into a corner and body block him and keep swinging while you're invis, you can Radial Disarm him, or you can spam decoys, which when properly modded cost as much as little as about 12 energy per cost.

Loki has different mechanics at hand to battle a problem.

Level 200 napalm? You can go invisible and just res your friends, you can switch teleport him into a corner and body block him and keep swinging while you're invis, you can Radial Disarm him, or you can spam decoys, which when properly modded cost as much as little as about 12 energy per cost.

+If you are playing Xini type map def, you can stand on the console right to the pod and ST ancients to the balcony behind you. ST can be one hell of power if people can utilize it.

Which is funny, because Snowglobe and Radial Disarm have next to no purpose on infested!

Uhm, wrong.

Snowglobe works wonders against Infested, permanently slowing them down allowing you to to easily cut them to pieces without little to no fear of them being able to get a single attack off in order to hurt you.

Uhm, wrong.

Snowglobe works wonders against Infested, permanently slowing them down allowing you to to easily cut them to pieces without little to no fear of them being able to get a single attack off in order to hurt you.

This is true. It's only bad in Infested defense, where you want to shoot enemies off the pod. Anywhere else you can just melee them.

This is true. It's only bad in Infested defense, where you want to shoot enemies off the pod. Anywhere else you can just melee them.

As long as you can get everyone on board with the idea of meleeing them around the pod, Snowglobe seriously lowers the DPS they are able to inflict on it. So in organized teams it is great there, too.

As long as you can get everyone on board with the idea of meleeing them around the pod, Snowglobe seriously lowers the DPS they are able to inflict on it. So in organized teams it is great there, too.

Say that to the 3 Toxic ancients in the bubble, when nobody outside of the bubble cant shoot them. And i am thinking about ancients level 100+. I have Frost and i can say he is useless with Infested. On lower levels he can be ok, but if levels increase forget about Bubble.

As a Loki with a bow, my advice is to use the fact that you can hold the charge while running (though not rolling) and skirmish. Run out, pop a guy, break line of sight, repeat. Don't let the enemies keep you in their crosshairs too long. When they get close, use invisibility, don't wait until it's too late, identify the situation ahead of time and be prepared.

When you use decoy, try to place it in cover as if it were a player shooting from that position. The better cover it has, the longer it stays alive and the longer you get free reign of the battlefield. If you do this, units designed to flush the player out of cover will try to run up to your decoy and cap it, when they do this pick them off from safety.

Radial Disarm, also great because it declaws any enemies it hits making any fight where you use it well a complete joke.

As for killing enemies fast, try to get some mods, they're effectively your level. Serration for your bow, Hornet Strike for your pistol and Killing Blow for your melee weapon are the mods you want to look out for and level up. If you happen to find any armour piercing mods, they're also keepers.

Capture, Spy and Raid provide a reward for completion so rerunning those to get Redirection and Fast Deflection mods isn't a bad plan, for damage, (oh god I feel bad suggesting this....), tag along to a defense on Venus or Jupiter if you happen to have unlocked Io. Playing to wave 10-15 is kind of the best way to get the essential mods until DE works on the early-game drop tables.

If the defenses net you a Void Key, also use those, find a group or a friend and run T1 or T2 games and EXPLORE. Sometimes you will find hidden loot stashes which can net some dang fine rewards which will help you progress. This may require learning the mechanics for fast movement and wallrunning, do a little research and try things out in easy missions to get the hang of it. I wish I could suggest a good solo option, but there isn't one right now, the drop tables are borked in the early game and there's basically no way to get damage mods early on besides astonishing luck.

Also, if you haven't already spent your default 50 platinum on hookers and blow, buy yourself an Orokin Catalyst and an Orokin Reactor. One of each, prioritise the catalyst (blue one) if you're short on dosh. Put the Reactor in your Loki and the Reactor in your bow, that will double their mod cap and allow them to scale further.

Well, that's all I can think of now, good luck : D

Just get yourself a good melee weapon, e.g. Orthos, and just run around popping invis and then chop them to bits. Do NOT take a sentinel when playing Loki.

I take my Shade and pull Revenge off; makes the sentinel purely defensive and can help you stay out of sight without using your own energy pool.

As a Loki with a bow, my advice is to use the fact that you can hold the charge while running (though not rolling) and skirmish. Run out, pop a guy, break line of sight, repeat. Don't let the enemies keep you in their crosshairs too long. When they get close, use invisibility, don't wait until it's too late, identify the situation ahead of time and be prepared.

When you use decoy, try to place it in cover as if it were a player shooting from that position. The better cover it has, the longer it stays alive and the longer you get free reign of the battlefield. If you do this, units designed to flush the player out of cover will try to run up to your decoy and cap it, when they do this pick them off from safety.

Radial Disarm, also great because it declaws any enemies it hits making any fight where you use it well a complete joke.

As for killing enemies fast, try to get some mods, they're effectively your level. Serration for your bow, Hornet Strike for your pistol and Killing Blow for your melee weapon are the mods you want to look out for and level up. If you happen to find any armour piercing mods, they're also keepers.

Capture, Spy and Raid provide a reward for completion so rerunning those to get Redirection and Fast Deflection mods isn't a bad plan, for damage, (oh god I feel bad suggesting this....), tag along to a defense on Venus or Jupiter if you happen to have unlocked Io. Playing to wave 10-15 is kind of the best way to get the essential mods until DE works on the early-game drop tables.

If the defenses net you a Void Key, also use those, find a group or a friend and run T1 or T2 games and EXPLORE. Sometimes you will find hidden loot stashes which can net some dang fine rewards which will help you progress. This may require learning the mechanics for fast movement and wallrunning, do a little research and try things out in easy missions to get the hang of it. I wish I could suggest a good solo option, but there isn't one right now, the drop tables are borked in the early game and there's basically no way to get damage mods early on besides astonishing luck.

Also, if you haven't already spent your default 50 platinum on hookers and blow, buy yourself an Orokin Catalyst and an Orokin Reactor. One of each, prioritise the catalyst (blue one) if you're short on dosh. Put the Reactor in your Loki and the Reactor in your bow, that will double their mod cap and allow them to scale further.

Well, that's all I can think of now, good luck : D

Thank you so much for that advices

Tonight gonna do some nightmare runs for mods and try maybe defense :)

thank you

I take my Shade and pull Revenge off; makes the sentinel purely defensive and can help you stay out of sight without using your own energy pool.

But as soon as you attack anything you are uncloaked, so kinda pointless, better off to hit invis and kill. Sentinels with Loki make his Invis skill occasionally useless, i.e. you get damage/knocked down with all the mobs trying to kill your sentinel.

I just want to thank you all for your advices :)
my paris can now headshot level 35 grineer and i just got serration ^^
and I finally started using radial disarm and man its so freakin awesome :F

I can easly say that Volt and LOKI are best against corpus ^^
they come with loads of energy weapons, shields and robots and suddenly....with just one skill you shut down everything ^^
I didnt know that radial disarm shut down even shields and everythhing :D
now I am in love with loki just as i was with him when this game first came out ^^
No more I feel underpowered when I see Nova ^^

I just want to thank you all for your advices :)

my paris can now headshot level 35 grineer and i just got serration ^^

and I finally started using radial disarm and man its so freakin awesome :F

I can easly say that Volt and LOKI are best against corpus ^^

they come with loads of energy weapons, shields and robots and suddenly....with just one skill you shut down everything ^^

I didnt know that radial disarm shut down even shields and everythhing :D

now I am in love with loki just as i was with him when this game first came out ^^

No more I feel underpowered when I see Nova ^^

That's pretty great. :)

It's neat how your Paris can one-shot low-level Grineer. Now wait til' you're getting 6k crits on average ^^

While they shine there, Volt is more for utility with his Speed and Electric Shield. Overload still deals nice damage.. kind of, I guess. ^^

Also, Loki's able to disable the Radial Blast from heavy units. :D

But not bosses, unfortunately. You'll be further in love once you put on a maxed Constitution, maxed Continuity, maxed Streamline, Essence Helmet and Energy Siphon. By the time your long Invisibility is done, you'll be able to afford another. Imagine being invisible forevar. ^^

Man, it must be fun to put an emote at the end of every sentence. ^^