The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Devia - The Glutton

ganjou234

"A strange and erratic Warframe. Further examination shows a strange and a significantly older Black Blight coursing along its veins, it seems to predate even the Warframe itself."

latest?cb=20100331215349

Probably looks something like this.....

Devia is initially a vulnerable and soft Warframe that continuously grows as it consumes its enemies, gaining strength in the process.

Stats

• Health: 100 (150 at Rank 30)
  • Armor: 50 (changed from 300->50 7/18/2018)
  • Shields: 0
  • Energy: 300 (600 at Rank 30)
  • Sprint Speed: 1.15

Abilities

Passive

• Adapt and Consume
    • Devia always starts the game at base (modded) health.
    • Healing effects will continue even when fully healed (Devia is technically never fully healed).
    • Overhealing permanently increases armor, bonus power strength, and maximum health.
      • Gain +1 armor per health gained.
      • Gain +1% bonus power strength per health gained.
    • Losing health permanently decreases maximum health and armor.
      • Lose -1 armor per health lost.
      • Lose -1% power strength per health lost.
    • Predator Reborn
      • Upon reaching 9000 health Devia's abilities become Monstrous. (changed from 2000->9000 7/18/2018)
      • Gain bonus power based on 1% of maximum health.

Impale (25 Energy)

• Lunge/Pounce at a target with Devia's arm, impaling it.
    • 5m/10m/15/m lunge/pounce range, unaffected by range mods.
    •  Deals 300 viral damage (+45% Enemy Max Health). Base damage is affected by Power Strength.
    • After the arm-pullout animation the target is stunned and exposed to finishers for 5 seconds.
    • Target is permanently marked with Blight.
      • Blight can be removed by Nullifier Crewman's fields.
      • Blighted targets that are killed via finishers are consumed.
      • Consumed targets heal Devia for 50 + 100% of the target's missing health (changed from: total maximum health -> 50 + 100% missing health 7/18/2018)
    • Monstrous - Brutal Impale (30 Energy)
      • If a Blighted target has less maximum HP than Devia it is automatically consumed and heals Devia double the amount.
      • Animation changes to a more brutal form of Impale, animation is quicker than the normal Impale animation.

Mimesis (30 Energy)

• Injects infected Biomatter into a target.
    • Strangles target for a few seconds (2 seconds). Devia is locked in the animation for the duration, can be quickened with Natural Talent.
    • Target that has been affected by Blight become Mutated and gain double their maximum health.
      • Target gains an increased Threat Level and becomes hostile to its allies.
      • Mutated targets remain as a hostile and can be attacked and killed, but wont attack Devia.
      • Mutation is permanent as long as target has Blight.
    • Targets that are not effected by Blight are afflicted instead with a Viral status effect (for 6 seconds).
    • Targets that are already Mutated gain double their current Maximum Health.
    • Single target ability with 1m range.
    • Monstrous - Transcendent Mimesis (60 Energy)
      • Mimesis becomes an Area Of Effect ability.
      • 10m range, affected by Range mods.
      • Inflicts Blight along with the Viral effect on enemies that are not yet infected with it.
      • Tendrils reach out as Devia performs an animation similar to Rhino's "Roar".

Virulent Parasitism (60 Energy)

• Toggle to drain health from enemies afflicted with Blight.
    • Blighted enemies lose 1 health and heal Devia for the same amount per second, only heal/s is affected by Power Strength.
    • 15m range, unaffected by range mods.
    • Consumes 1 energy per enemy within range, drain is affected by efficiency and efficiency mods.
    • Monstrous - Ravenous Parasitism (120 Energy)
      • Enemies lose 5% maximum health per second and heal Devia for 5% the damage dealt, damage per second is affected by Power Strength.
      • Range becomes affected by Range mods.

Blackest Blight Form (200 Energy)

• Toggle to transcend your form.
    • Can only be activated by being Predator Reborn.
    • Hold for 3 seconds to channel and activate/deactivate.
    • Devia is able to cast other abilities in this form.
    • When in Blackest Blight Form tap to swap between Exalted Melee Weapons, 1 second channeled animation when swapping between weapons.
      • Whip
        • Innate: Whip inflicts Viral Procs.
        • I: 10% P: 80% S: 10%
      • Fists
        • Innate: Fists permanently reduce enemy base armor by 6+(2% of the fists' impact damage).
        • I: 80% P: 15% S: 5%
      • Claw
        • Innate: Claws' slash procs heal Devia.
        • I: 5% P: 15% S: 80%
    • Exalted weapon's damage/reach are affected by power strength/range mods.
    • Gain 100% of current Health as temporary health on activation.
      • Temporary health does not activate passive's armor gain. (Added 7/18/2018)
    • Lose 100% of temporary Health on deactivation.
    • Drains 50 energy per second.
    • Temporary health lost due to damage in this form reduces armor for the same amount upon deactivation. (Added 7/18/2018)

I hope you guys notice the subtle references....... 😄

Edited by ganjou234

Eh, i dont know 😕 the frame doesnt stand out to me anymore after nidus. I would have loved using claws but garuda has some monster ones coming so yea, i feel like most of the fun this warframe would have is already in game so its just not something id want.

Prototype is a good game indeed tho, but nidus got here to quick

5 hours ago, (XB1)FrenziedGlint00 said:

I'm feeling a Blacklight vibe from it, or is it just me.

Hahahaha! Got me there man! 😄

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

Eh, i dont know 😕 the frame doesnt stand out to me anymore after nidus. I would have loved using claws but garuda has some monster ones coming so yea, i feel like most of the fun this warframe would have is already in game so its just not something id want.

Prototype is a good game indeed tho, but nidus got here to quick

Yeah, it's an intended overlap. I usually prefer warframes that can tank w/o resorting to an invulnerability mechanic, so this is my idea/concept on how to make a frame that is capable of that.

Hehehe I recognised that concept art immediately. 

Ok but my actual thoughts. I love the concept mainly because I lived the Prototype series but it's also executed incredibly well. There is some overlap with Nidus but I personally view it as something like this.

Nidus gets more powerful as the mission goes and gains more survivability as a result. Devia gains more survivability as the mission goes on and becomes more powerful as a result.