Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework still bad.

Zylofan

I gave it a chance 

Sill hate it, because its still bad.

I understand some people had a real problem with limbo for "trolling"  I have never run into these limbos and from my perspective there were far, far, far, more damning ways to troll that should have been addressed first.

-Nyx's making defense missions go on forever.

-Volts making the game near unplayable by speed boosting everyone. (was previously fixed then revoked)

-Frosts placing bubbles everywhere that make all my bullets hit walls.

-Vauban's spamming jump pads

-Limbo's banish making it hard to tell which enemies are in the rift because the visual effect is to subtle.

- SPACE AIDS (seriously DE WHY IS THIS IN THE GAME, why is a bloody way to literally infect people with a disease that makes a giant ugly boil appear on their frames!? Who enjoys this?! )

So while I personally feel limbo was easily the more minor issue I can concede that he could be an issue, fine.

If they needed to allow allies to use their guns in the rift (even though melee and powers worked just fine), fine.

But why? Oh why? In a game about the rule of cool, did they make limbo have to follow those rules?

Stopping time, taking my shots, and then unfreezing time was a fantastic bit of fun and so very cool. 

Now it's gone as is my desire to play limbo.

Limbo is now just an op dull frame, taking no thought or skill he mindlessly makes a giant bubble, stuns all the enemies (its not a time stop when everything else moves just fine), then shoots everything. With his earlier limitations removed it is even more obvious just how dull and 1 trick pony limbo is. Which is sad, because I loved limbo and was excited for limbo prime. Now I am tempted to just sell his slot.

I think the rationale behind it is because Limbo's Stasis is significantly more capable of jamming progression compared to everything else. The only thing that can somewhat come close is a Nyx constantly Mind Controlling the last enemy of a Defense Wave but it is only just 1 enemy and the problem stops the moment the effect ends.

If a Frost places Snowglobes all over the place, it can make it quite frustrating to shoot from a distance but it's not exactly a situation where your guns don't do anything for an entire minute. There's also the difference in range where Cataclysm can almost cover a majority of the area on small tiles while Snow Globe, at best, can create a radius or line to block shots. To put it simply, imagine you were in a Sniper only Sortie. Would you rather have a Frost constantly placing down Snow Globes, forcing you to run into close distances, or would you rather have a Limbo just constantly lock the entire map down with Cataclysm and Stasis?

As to why do they make it apply to Limbo himself? Probably just for consistency and simplicity. It'll probably take more effort to specifically ensure that only the caster is affected by it and it also puts the Limbo player at somewhat of a pointless disadvantage because everyone else would just shoot things dead before you ended Stasis.