Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggest that you group players by likelihood of when they will leave

Hokibukisa

On endless missions its really annoying to get leavers. I know not everybody has to play the same, and I respect that, thats why I am proposing this idea.

I'd like there to be sort of a sub-option for endless missions where you can say how long you'd like to go. Most people go by some rotation or some scaling dropoff.

Some go for rotation A and these are very frustrating to play with if you are going for rotation C. I don't think I'm the only one who would consider this a huge quality of life improvement to the game.

Or take the system even further and have a sub-system for endless missions that let you detail set how long you want to go if you're in for a challenge.

I know this is sort of a player-base dividing idea, but atm we play at the behest of the lowest common denominator of the group, so its already player-dividing. I don't want to do just rotation A.

I don't understand people who leave a Onslaught after the first round. I'd rather not play with them I would be fine with that.

So imagine this. You go to an Interception and you click the option that you want to do 4 rounds. You all stay the 4 rounds, you gain Trust points for that meta-feature. You leave early, you lose trust points.

As trust is earned/lost, the game will progressively prioritize and group those with the highest trust together and those with the lowest trust together.

Imagine the same thing for Onslaught. You click the option that you want to go to zone 8, and you persevere to zone 8 or failure, and you gain trust points. You leave after zone 2 or 3 and you lose trust points. Again, further groupings will group together those with the highest trust together, and those with the lowest trust together.

To be fair the system should be based on a ratio and allow trust streaks to redeem player reputation. A long streak of trust may expunge your record of untrustworthiness. Ditto for a streak of untrustworthiness.

Players new to the meta-feature with no reputation at all should be considered trustworthy until distrust is established.

Basically all of these early leavers are getting really really irritating and I think all of the rotation A players need to be grouped with each other I really would rather not play with them.

31 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

I know this is sort of a player-base dividing idea

There's no sort of here, this is explicitly dividing the player base. I know I leave early a lot of the time because the group just isn't gelling. In the event it does, I tend to stay longer.

It's interesting how you've named them "trust points".

2 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

There's no sort of here, this is explicitly dividing the player base. I know I leave early a lot of the time because the group just isn't gelling. In the event it does, I tend to stay longer.

It's interesting how you've named them "trust points".

Read the whole idea, trust in that you do what you say that you commit to. If you commit to 4 rounds and leave after 2, you wouldn't have done what you said you would.

This overly complicates the matchmaking system, directly dividing the playerbase and increasing the delay between actually forming a squad, as well as increasing the load on DE's side for calculating player matchups. You already divide players based on how long they want to go, but again with how much trust they have. DE will not implement anything that does this. It has next to no ability to actually control if a player is going to stay or not, has no ability to actually judge if a person left or was forcefully removed by connection issues, and punishes players that have done no ill intent.

4 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

Read the whole idea, trust in that you do what you say that you commit to. If you commit to 4 rounds and leave after 2, you wouldn't have done what you said you would.

This feature is completely at odds with a random group of people on potentially unstable connections.

Why should I commit to 8 rounds if the host ends up being a bit laggy? Slog through it so I don't lose rep?

You're suggesting people commit to a run before even seeing how the group acts together, what their connection stability is like, anything of actual value to us as players, and then penalizing people for something that sometimes just does not work out.

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This feature is completely at odds with a random group of people on potentially unstable connections.

Why should I commit to 8 rounds if the host ends up being a bit laggy? Slog through it so I don't lose rep?

You're suggesting people commit to a run before even seeing how the group acts together, what their connection stability is like, anything of actual value to us as players, and then penalizing people for something that sometimes just does not work out.

The connection issues are their own separate concern and can be detected. If the host's connection is garbage, shoot that deserves its own attention to fix, nevermind my idea.

But obviously it can be detected and not penalized.

But not only that you wouldn't have to commit to anything. I would select the option that I'm commiting to 8 and only want to be grouped with others who commit to 8.

It wouldn't be an issue for you because you wouldn't be commiting to anything, it would only affect those of us who commit to something. Because I don't want to play with people who leave early, I'd much rather wait a bit more for committed players.

18 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

increasing the delay between actually forming a squad

I would gladly wait to play with committed players. I don't know what system you play on but on PC matchmaking is damn near instant. I'd GLADLY wait a up to a minute or two for players who commit not to leave early.

Also it wouldn't be required if you didn't want to commit to anything.

1 minute ago, Hokibukisa said:

I would gladly wait to play with committed players. I don't know what system you play on but on PC matchmaking is damn near instant. I'd GLADLY wait a up to a minute or two for players who commit not to leave early.

Also it wouldn't be required if you didn't want to commit to anything.

If you are willing to wait for committed players, why are you not using recruiting or utilizing the Discord channels designed for this exact thing?

You never stated it was an optional thing.

Having to restart a mission due to early leavers is a pain, but it's a known pain, and not a major one at that. What you suggest could cause bigger issues.

Such as: If your system were implemented, anyone going past Rotation A should hope that the others they're teamed up with aren't all incompetent/under-geared players or Leeches. And what if you're connected to a Host with bad internet, or one who is experiencing a drop in performance?

Why can’t we just have people leaving and then being replaced by someone else at any point in any mission, be it 5 minutes or 50 minutes into a mission? That solves the issues of early leavers and doesn’t require a complicated overhaul of the matchmaking process! 

22 hours ago, Arrcee said:

Why can’t we just have people leaving and then being replaced by someone else at any point in any mission, be it 5 minutes or 50 minutes into a mission? That solves the issues of early leavers and doesn’t require a complicated overhaul of the matchmaking process! 

Because then people joining won't know if they're jumping into a mission with the hopes of staying for a long period of time only to find out they went into a mission where the other participants are 5 minutes into it and are leaving. Or alternatively they are stepping into a mission with the hopes of just playing to 20 minutes only to find that they just jumped into a mission where the three other participants are already 60 minutes in and that's only 25% of their intended run time. As a result of these things you could experience a constant flood of people leaving and joining as they search for the ideal mission at a rapid rate and things could get very very out of hand.

I know why people don't use it, but all the same I am going to reccomend it: use the hekking recruit chat.