Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Dera Worth The Potato?

Kinperor

Question

It's all in the title.

Complementary information: I have Gorgon/Supra/Grakata that are potato'd already.

On the one hand I have a serious obsession with potato'ing high-ROF weapons and should probably use that pretty potato on another weapon since I won't get another one until the next alert. But on the other hand, I could shoot WAY more lasers with my Dera. 

No man should have to make a decision this difficult... 

8 answers to this question

Yes; however, for a fully modded, endgame Dera build you need a potato, and 3-4 forma. That being said, it's a great all around weapon. In some defenses, you can just 'scan' a horizontal line and fire the whole time, hitting everything/everyone in the head in that line -it's dead accurate. It's not very ammo efficient though, so if you have the Rifle Ammo Mutator I'd suggest that, or if you don't have it then go with Ammo Drum.

My Dera build is:

Serration (V)

Split Chamber (V)

Piercing Hit

Rifle Ammo Mutator

Cryo Rounds (-)

Hellfire (-)

Stormbringer

Wildfire

The ones with ()'s are polarity slots.

It's a great build; high damage and capable of holding it's own up to around enemy level ~85-95.

Edited by Eulo

Uh, why all the elemental mods at once? Wouldn't it be better to slap some critical enhancing mods on the sucker instead of mods that will barely add any damage?

Or other mods like Speed Trigger or Ammo Drum. 

Crit would be a waste on the Dera.  Base crit is only 2.5%, so 100% crit increase only makes it 5%, and the crit damage is only 150%.

Speed trigger will tear through your ammo at a horrible rate.

Ammo drum is a waste too.  Carry some ammo boxes or use the rifle mutation mod.

I would say to swap in a faction mod based on what you're doing.  Another 30% damage to faction is nice.

Crit would be a waste on the Dera.  Base crit is only 2.5%, so 100% crit increase only makes it 5%, and the crit damage is only 150%.

Speed trigger will tear through your ammo at a horrible rate.

Ammo drum is a waste too.  Carry some ammo boxes or use the rifle mutation mod.

I would say to swap in a faction mod based on what you're doing.  Another 30% damage to faction is nice.

Beat me to it. I usually only swap out the ammo mutator with +Grinner Damage. The Dera is already by default an anti-Corpus weapon; the Hellfire and Wildfire take care of any Infested.