August 23Rd: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

Strict NAT is something they cant fix :( take that to your ISP. only they can fix it.  mine cant because they are not allowed to help with gaming related stuff. cause of security risks blabla. Im still not even sure if i can port forward my new arcadyan. no website out there has something on those. maybe you have better luck for your port forwarding man. it tends to fix that stuff  

Oh, I have contacted my ISP and they couldn't help me.

So I forwarded the ports and changed some firewall settings that might have been blocking Warframe but nope, nothing helped.

Fun fact though, Strict NAT popped up one day, then disappeared some month later then came back some month after that. And I didn't even touch the internet settings or whatever.

If you go to the Matchmaking Bug part of the forum, you will see a lot of players that have Strict NAT issues that don't go away no matter with what they try.

Edited by se05239

...DE would do better to have their moderators game more often on their DE accounts on more than just Livestreams.

And except for testing purposes stay off the internalized DE systems. If you are out in the active community (ie: Hang out in region and recruiting chat to receive some TRUE feedback) remember MOST players are never going to access the forums at all....

I agree with your comment about Community Mods gaming on high-visibility DE accounts.  I don't know how they show up in-game, but it would be nice to be able to see green name text in-game. 

Two problems come to mind, though.  One, I would guess there's relatively little PUG play among the mods anymore, since we all got pushed into joining clans.  The mods prolly game with their own clanmates most or even all of the time, same as the rest of us. So having their names go green wouldn't accomplish much from a 'public perception' point of view.  Two, it may not be fair to expect the mods to play as 'scout troop leaders' all the time in-game.  They were asked to help out here on the forums, but expecting more of them in-game might be asking too much.  That's their call to make, not ours.

And I don't know this for a fact, but I would be shocked -SHOCKED, I tell you!- if most of the devs didn't have at least one 'Alt' account, just so they go play incog, hang out in chat, and 'take the pulse' from time to time.

How about actually reworking the frames / fixing the weapons? You keep on making 'as much content as you can' while your list of broken / half-assed stuff grows and grows. At some point, you guys might want to actually use this beta to polish and focus your game.

Edited by shinydunsparce

Oh, I have contacted my ISP and they couldn't help me.

So I forwarded the ports and changed some firewall settings that might have been blocking Warframe but nope, nothing helped.

Fun fact though, Strict NAT popped up one day, then disappeared some month later then came back some month after that. And I didn't even touch the internet settings or whatever.

If you go to the Matchmaking Bug part of the forum, you will see a lot of players that have Strict NAT issues that don't go away no matter with what they try.

And to be honest i have the same problems. i just havent been on those forums. o.o  (Thanks to DMZ i dont have the problems atm but still its an unsafe solution ) And yeah with my old router i had soo much router issues. after a lot of messing the problems just vanished. and they popped up once in a while. then new router and bahm!

Strict NAT is something they cant fix :( take that to your ISP. 

Um, what?  I love warframe, and from what i've seen the staff exceeds expectations.

but....

Requiring your customers to circumvent their (the customer's) network's security measures in order to implement a match making system designed to minimize the load on central servers in order to minimize expenses is not a great idea in the long run.

"Strict NAT" is definitely something that DE chose to have be an issue when they decided to implement their game the way they did.

It's 2013.  asking your customers to unsecure their windows PCs is near wreckless.

How about actually reworking the frames / fixing the weapons? You keep on making 'as much content as you can' while your list of broken / half-assed stuff grows and grows. At some point, you guys might want to actually use this beta to polish and focus your game.

I agree completely!

Warframe needs a massive amount of polish and quality of life changes: Better HUD, modded stats on the armory page, weapon tweaks, optimization, menu bugs etc.

Um, what?  I love warframe, and from what i've seen the staff exceeds expectations.

but....

Requiring your customers to circumvent their (the customer's) network's security measures in order to implement a match making system designed to minimize the load on central servers in order to minimize expenses is not a great idea in the long run.

"Strict NAT" is definitely something that DE chose to have be an issue when they decided to implement their game the way they did.

he

It's 2013.  asking your customers to unsecure their windows PCs is near wreckless.

AFAIK strict nat is largely on our side due to peer to peer.  So its partialy DE for the Peer to Peer. and partialy ours for the strict NAT routers we have. Just put on DMZ mode for now

the stats and the FINAL FIX to invite issues. thanks. STOP ADD CONTENT, WE WANT THINGS FIXED ! it was suposse that patch 9 was going to be a 'hug the player', but you clearly don't have a plan when you do the livestreams, several things that are going to get fixed.. well just doesnt