The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mod] Gravity Distortion

Mythallar

Greetings fellow Tenno.

So, the other day I was thinking of a way to make aiming and jumping more interesting.  Currently, if you hold aim and jump, you get about a second to shoot before you're back on the ground.

Here is a rough mock up I made earlier: (Hope the image works properly!)

882592GravityDistortion3.jpg

Something like that.  The variables could be changed if you wish, it could be stronger / weaker or cost more / less etc.  As I said, this is just a rough version.  As for where it goes, well it would either be equipped in your Warframe itself, or possibly in your Sentinel - seeing as there aren't exactly a lot for them right now.  The functionality would work just like the low gravity in nightmare modes, EXCEPT it only slows YOURSELF down.  No enemies.  No other Tenno.  Not your bullets.  Just your fall speed.

It would only allow you more time in the air to shoot stuff (and look incredibly stylish while you're at it!).  Think of Rhino Stomp victims, except on yourself and keeping control of your character rather than flailing around on the ground afterwards.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for reading.

Nice idea and its nice you put some work into making that little mock up. It's definitely something which would add a lot of fun to bullet time style attacks kinda like the Max Payne games, but I'm wondering how it'd be executed with other "normal time" players.

it'll probably slow you down while falling and holding down the RMB... which isn't necessarily good, unless it slows down everything else... which is crazy.

But hey, great job with the mod. :D

Edited by _Rue_

Sorry if I wasn't exactly clear with the first post, but it wouldn't slow other players or slow time - just make you fall slower is all.  Mighty-Yool is correct with saying that it would just affect yourself, so I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue for co-op.  If being a target for incoming fire is an issue, just release the RMB and fall at normal speed again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...