The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Extreme Lag Since 9.6

SanityRobot

Edit: In the title, and throughout this post, I mean internet latency, not computer lag.

Prior to the update, we had three people playing on our internet connection without much lag at all.

Since the patch, any game that has more than two people in the game causes SEVERE lag, whether we are hosting or somebody else is. Like, lag to the point of not being able to play the game since you can't reload, see teammates, or pick up drops.

It seems to have something to do with the local connection. With a full game of four random people, it seems perfectly fine. With two, or god forbid, three people on our connection in the same game, the lag is atrocious. If we are not in the same game, everything is fine.

I've wracked my brain trying to figure out what's wrong. Opening ports, disabling uPnP, even changing routers.

And it isn't my internet being slow

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920667800.png

Edited by SanityRobot

I notice this as well, any invited game is bad...That said my wi-fi tower is next door. This is also excruciating during any MD mission, I'll use up my energy reserve to find out I cannot pick up energy orbs...or mods....or ammo...or switch weapons...just shoot with the gun in hand and if it's out of ammo use the useless melee you were leveling! Hoping the teleporting Ancients don't magically sap the cryopod in a hit you never saw until the very end...or the frosty Disrupter/(Toxic) that teleports to you and saps/(leeches) you dry!

Edited by un1337ninj4

I am having similar problems with lag, but it seems exclusivly to me. I can rarely connect to games without lag. I've searched high and low for a solution, and I know it isn't my internet speed. I had been getting good connection before, rarely with lag issues. Now it is unbearable.

I'm in the same boat. I haven't had a smooth game in probably weeks. I used to have zero latency issues. I have tried:

1. Changing regions

2. Changing ports

3. Reducing matchfinder ping to 150

4. Forwarding ports

5. Updating drivers

6. Rebooting routers

No results. I want to make it clear that it's not just laggy, it's unplayably broken. Players and mobs warp around randomly. Bullets don't register. Doors and loot are unpredictable. It's a steaming mess.

Edited by Hypna

Because the drop (ammo, mana, material) no longer disappear, so your connection have to transfer more data than pre-update. 

It's a trade off, not bug. What you can do is subscribe for better connection, or just play a party for 3.

I too am suffering increasing lag since the last update, it seems to be worse with a full squad. I am playing through a 100 mbps connection on a dedicated gaming machine with current drivers and minimal extraneous software.

I also suspect this problem is affecting the visibility of potential squadmates pre-match - which of course compounds the challenge by reducing the opportunities to play and then delivering low quality matches.

Frankly this is becoming a game killer - hopefully the staff is working diligently to correct whatever problems have caused it

Because the drop (ammo, mana, material) no longer disappear, so your connection have to transfer more data than pre-update. 

It's a trade off, not bug. What you can do is subscribe for better connection, or just play a party for 3.

^ is that the cause of all this lag and reduce in performance?

Upgrading one level higher connection than my current one is so expensive in my country, its like buying grandmaster pack and more each month. Currently I've been playing less and less because of this.

There's a random bug that only seems to be happening to users with routers. It also happens to me.All I do is unplug my router for 10 seconds,plug it back in and then I can host yet again with 0 lag and everyone is happy...at least it works for me. Also in the same time that I can't host,if I join the game as a player with another host,there's no way I can switch weapons,do damage,use skills or pick up stuff.The same thing with the unpluging and repluging of the router fixes it also.

Edited by Sebastianx

I have been searching high and low for an answer to this but no results. I have been having horrible lag for over a month now and I am getting burned out. I have to have 1 certain friend host if I don't want lag, and his computer is no different then a few of my others, but for whatever reason I don't lag, so it is very odd. Why are we not getting any answers from the source on this?

Bumping with new symptoms.

1) When I die on my screen I can be running arround and just instantly die, when this happens my friends usually cant raise me.

2) When I use a revive to raise up, sometimes I stay dead, this dead like state gives me mob radar and mod radar .... wat? Yes, I get them free for 15 seconds until I die a second time even though I was never actually alive.

3) Other symptoms include picking up energy but never actually getting my bar to fill, energy siphon wont tick up either. I can get mods immediately, and I can pick up the energy, but it takes several minutes to actually allow me to get the mp to cast.

Any news on how to fix this? DE?

Posted on matchmaking forums, also double posting here for refence.

hola veo que aqui escriben grandesmasterss jjajja bueno juego con unos amigos de mi pais diferentes ciudades cuando jugamos juntos el Lag es insoportable, en las defensas se vuelve peor aun no sabemos que hacer para disfrutar el juego, otra cosa quisieramos utilizar el chat de voz mientras jugamos pero no sabemos como hacerlo 

Bumping with new symptoms.

1) When I die on my screen I can be running arround and just instantly die, when this happens my friends usually cant raise me.

2) When I use a revive to raise up, sometimes I stay dead, this dead like state gives me mob radar and mod radar .... wat? Yes, I get them free for 15 seconds until I die a second time even though I was never actually alive.

3) Other symptoms include picking up energy but never actually getting my bar to fill, energy siphon wont tick up either. I can get mods immediately, and I can pick up the energy, but it takes several minutes to actually allow me to get the mp to cast.

Any news on how to fix this? DE?

Posted on matchmaking forums, also double posting here for refence.

me pása lo mismo q a ti a menudo

I'm in the same boat. I haven't had a smooth game in probably weeks. I used to have zero latency issues. I have tried:

1. Changing regions

2. Changing ports

3. Reducing matchfinder ping to 150

4. Forwarding ports

5. Updating drivers

6. Rebooting routers

No results. I want to make it clear that it's not just laggy, it's unplayably broken. Players and mobs warp around randomly. Bullets don't register. Doors and loot are unpredictable. It's a steaming mess.

Me too! DE?! F'n HELP!!!  I know I have a crappy DSL connection and have had issues in the past but now, even playing on a game hosted by my buddy (who I know has a great connection) is IMPOSSIBLE!!!! I can't pick up ammo or globes, I cant revive the fallen, I can't even find enemies half the time because my squad has killed them all and I am always a map area behind. WTF!!  This is my speed as it is always: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2940114974 ... To Nashville where Clan buddy is : http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2940128029

Edited by MajorWoody

This is how my 'Survival Weekend' went... http://youtu.be/HGhV5hXAq4s and http://youtu.be/n6TUHcBcXnI

Completely Unplayable!!!  I know DE has ridiculous hosting standards 2mbps upload and that is why I never host games. I run 5Mbps (3Mbps to Nashville where my host was) Down and 765Kbps UP http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2940128029

Weren't we promised a 'we'll look into' these problems? I didn't realize that meant DE was making them worse instead. I know everyone will hate me for saying this but, I vote for more work on loosening the internet requirements instead of huge event weekends for a while until those of us who choose to live in remote areas can play! And before anyone starts *@##$ing at me about a free beta game... I understand it is in beta hence the suggestion to work on internet requirements before we go nuts on events (which I have truly enjoyed so far except Survival). And I've paid my $75 on weapons and Warframes so shut the hell up! :)

Edited by MajorWoody

This game is becoming increasingly unplayble in groups.

100% of my games on Mobile Defense feel like I'm playing with a 10,000+ ping. 

Enemies warping around the screen if I can see them at all (I went one mobile defense and saw maybe 5 enemies the whole time, while my teammates got hundreds of kills each).

5+ second delay on picking up items.  Energy orbs will not register picked up until the enemy wave is over.

Can't see teammates on my screen.

Dethcube continually shoots at a spot on the ground and will not stop until the enemy wave is over.

I've never had this bad of an experience in an online shooter.

Yyyeah, and here I thought it was just me. Have not been able to play in 64-bit mode for over 2 months because of consta-crashing and no official response. Fine, I'll live.

Now on top of that I get to play in Solo mode only, unless I just want to spend an evening being frustrated.

It would be really, really nice if a dev in charge of these aspects would make an official statement regarding game breaking issues that have been around for more than a week. You know, like in the old days... before bullS#&$ like concurrent PS4 development and cross platforming "changed nothing" :|

Edit : I suppose LANning the game still works. So one weekend out of the month we can have party play for a few hours. farking w00t...

DE, I love your game, but sort these core issues out. They seal wallets faster than an approaching Hare Krishna.

Edited by psyanide

I've gotta say, I've been having a horrible time of things lately from a lag perspective, and while it's super frustrating, I'm glad I'm at least not the only one having problems.  I won't list all my problems out, because frankly they've been covered by everyone else in this post, but I'd really love to see some kind of response from DE about this because it's seriously game breaking.

One thing... does the lag seem to come and go for anyone else?  It's completely random for me, but there are time where it's fine and others where it's unplayable, so just seeing if anyone else has run into this.

I've gotta say, I've been having a horrible time of things lately from a lag perspective, and while it's super frustrating, I'm glad I'm at least not the only one having problems.  I won't list all my problems out, because frankly they've been covered by everyone else in this post, but I'd really love to see some kind of response from DE about this because it's seriously game breaking.

One thing... does the lag seem to come and go for anyone else?  It's completely random for me, but there are time where it's fine and others where it's unplayable, so just seeing if anyone else has run into this.

As far as my experience and from a few friends, that is what has been happening since the latest update.

And another yet victim of unoptimized network communication code is me. Can't play any game except with 1 friend that lives near.

Matchmaking usually leads to a severe psychological trauma of mine or other people.

I guess the problem is within p2p technology of data exchange within game. It's ok to download files with it, but 4 players in game suffer hello of lag.

Also i have not seen any of the developers to look down on problems of this kind and there are pretty much posts regarding network lag.