Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Implement A Kick System

fortris

I'm still thinking a kick system which puts the kicked into their own instance is best.

I mean, the problem with standard kicking is it can be abused to guarantee a loss on part of the kicked. With this splitting sessions instead of the traditional kick, all it does is separate trolls from the trolled.

Yay a post that makes sense, I was losing faith in this thread

I'm still thinking a kick system which puts the kicked into their own instance is best.

I mean, the problem with standard kicking is it can be abused to guarantee a loss on part of the kicked. With this splitting sessions instead of the traditional kick, all it does is separate trolls from the trolled.

Yay a post that makes sense, I was losing faith in this thread

somehow i have a feeling that could be abused too, unless they do a lot of work. though that would still be a better option than what we have now.

(for those that do not know, the current system allows you to sorta dupe things like def mission rewards if you know how to do it. an instanced kick per person would make that process very easy to do)

Edited by alchemistjkt

somehow i have a feeling that could be abused too, unless they do a lot of work. though that would still be a better option than what we have now.

(for those that do not know, the current system allows you to sorta dupe things like def mission rewards if you know how to do it. an instanced kick per person would make that process very easy to do)

That's a relatively minor exploit, actually wait that wouldn't work at all. You can't join after completing mission objectives remember? Someone tried to join my game as loki but couldn't

Also Scinbed had to end up pming the guy and scaring him into finally just going to exit. I wish I was lying when I said it's the first time I've ever seen a mod do something about trolls

That's a relatively minor exploit, actually wait that wouldn't work at all. You can't join after completing mission objectives remember? Someone tried to join my game as loki but couldn't

you obviously dont know how the exploit works (if you want to call it that). i wont go into the fine details, but lets just say that you can potentially get 4 of any mod/key/whatever in a couple mins or so. its not all that bad an exploit imo, and it would be far better than having to deal with trolls, but its still there and its still a problem. if they fixed that though, then an instanced kick combined with a black list would be the best option.

also:

im not surprised that a DE helped you out (<3 scin), they have always been kind to their community.

This x1000

No drawback unless you can't pull your weight and want people to drag you through the star map.

you obviously dont know how the exploit works (if you want to call it that). i wont go into the fine details, but lets just say that you can potentially get 4 of any mod/key/whatever in a couple mins or so. its not all that bad an exploit imo, and it would be far better than having to deal with trolls, but its still there and its still a problem. if they fixed that though, then an instanced kick combined with a black list would be the best option.

also:

im not surprised that a DE helped you out (<3 scin), they have always been kind to their community.

We agree on one point, this needs to be a bigger priority. Something needs to get implemented, and the sooner the better. Not everyone can use council chat to ask mods to scare trolls lol

Again a black list.

Face him only once.

He annoys you, leave game, BL him.

Done.

You don't even need to kick him out again or face "revenge kicks" from him (yes there are people who bear such grudges!) cos once he is gone, he is gone for good until you de-list him.

If I may bring my own suggestions into this conversation:

Disarm Player Vote and Lobby Kick

Disarm Player Vote would be a system where a player could initialise a vote based on a choice of game disruptive behaviour, for example being afk, withholding datamass, general game breaking misbehaviour/trolling etc. All votes would be logged so that DE can investigate abuse and/or use as a means of warning disruptive players.

What would happen to the player affected by the vote is the following:

All actions are limited to movement and use of weapons only, for 120 seconds or more (that also means no abilities or pushing buttons).

Datamass would be dropped from the offending player and cannot be picked up by him/her for the rest of the mission.

The offending player would be tagged as non-participating for the duration of the time meaning that in a two man game, double doors would only require one player to open.

During this 120 second period the offending/targeted player can choose to leave the game without consequences, meaning they can keep loot and XP aquired (but no bonus XP or mission credits) and the mission counts as neither success/failed/quit. This allows normal players targeted by abusive voters to leave.

Lobby Kick is what it sounds like, a kick function for the game lobby. Either vote or host based.

As any majority vote punishment system, this idea is not waterproof and can be subject to abuse. It obviously won't work in a game with several trolls, however any votes would still be logged.

IMO spammable elevators should be considered a bug and should be corrected.

I would also like to ask a question: How often have you encountered a troll/disruptive player?

During my close to 300 hrs I have only met one afk player who kept a defence from starting (some time ago).

Edited by Larsurus

Warframe gets a votekick system implemented, and suddenly it's Left4Dead 2 all over again....

As useful a function it is at dealing with trolls, it is also a tool for them to use and abuse. So no. Not to mention, a lot of people would come to the forums to cry about being kicked for no reason or just "for teh lulz".

Instead of a kick system, we should have the ability to give feedback on a players behaviour.

Those with negative feedback are paired with others that have negative feedback or given lower priority when players are matched together.

Please implement this.

I want to kick:
Ash players.

Mag players.

Excaliburs in defense.

Excaliburs that don't have custom colors.

Volt players that don't use Speed

Lokis that don't use Radial Disarm.

Lokis that do use radial disarm when snow globe is up.

Trinities that don't blessing constantly.

Frosts that don't snow globe.

Saryns that don't use venom.

Saryns that do use venom.  (Dat lag)

Players that are too slow.

Players that are too fast.

Players who die in defense.

Players who door camp or spawn camp.

Players with underpowered weapons. (Get that Grakata out of here!)

And Vaubans that abuse bounce and vortex.  You know who you are.

If I may bring my own suggestions into this conversation:

Disarm Player Vote and Lobby Kick

Disarm Player Vote would be a system where a player could initialise a vote based on a choice of game disruptive behaviour, for example being afk, withholding datamass, general game breaking misbehaviour/trolling etc. All votes would be logged so that DE can investigate abuse and/or use as a means of warning disruptive players.

What would happen to the player affected by the vote is the following:

All actions are limited to movement and use of weapons only, for 120 seconds or more (that also means no abilities or pushing buttons).

Datamass would be dropped from the offending player and cannot be picked up by him/her for the rest of the mission.

The offending player would be tagged as non-participating for the duration of the time meaning that in a two man game, double doors would only require one player to open.

During this 120 second period the offending/targeted player can choose to leave the game without consequences, meaning they can keep loot and XP aquired (but no bonus XP or mission credits) and the mission counts as neither success/failed/quit. This allows normal players targeted by abusive voters to leave.

Lobby Kick is what it sounds like, a kick function for the game lobby. Either vote or host based.

As any majority vote punishment system, this idea is not waterproof and can be subject to abuse. It obviously won't work in a game with several trolls, however any votes would still be logged.

IMO spammable elevators should be considered a bug and should be corrected.

I would also like to ask a question: How often have you encountered a troll/disruptive player?

During my close to 300 hrs I have only met one afk player who kept a defence from starting (some time ago).

This is a good idea but would take a LONG time to implement, seeing as profiles are just now arriving in update 10. It's taken 10 updates to get weapon/frame mod profiles.

Please implement this.

I want to kick:

Ash players.

Mag players.

Excaliburs in defense.

Excaliburs that don't have custom colors.

Volt players that don't use Speed

Lokis that don't use Radial Disarm.

Lokis that do use radial disarm when snow globe is up.

Trinities that don't blessing constantly.

Frosts that don't snow globe.

Saryns that don't use venom.

Saryns that do use venom.  (Dat lag)

Players that are too slow.

Players that are too fast.

Players who die in defense.

Players who door camp or spawn camp.

Players with underpowered weapons. (Get that Grakata out of here!)

And Vaubans that abuse bounce and vortex.  You know who you are.

No good, trolling is super mature and needed on forums.