Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The De By The People

Miose

Hello! and welcome DE or player! My goal with this topic is to give DE a little more sense of what the good folks of warframe think is most important in being developed by time. I really want to help DE by giving them a list of what we find to be the most important things to work on first. If you want to help and maybe even help sway DE's development I would like for you to jot down three (in order of importance to you) things that you think need to be worked on or added. After a while I will compile and edit the OP to show a list of the development wanted by you. number one being most desired out of everyone and so forth. If you'd like to help it would be easier for me if you did it in this format:

Idea #1:

Idea #2:

Idea #3:

Please keep it short and to the point and I really hope we can help DE with this! I don't know if anyone has made a forum like this already but I still hope this will help! It will take me sometime to put this together and I'll check for more posts whenever I get on so I can change up the order. This order is determined by number of votes, and the order they come in (revised: no longer first come first serve just based on votes. an idea with 1 vote is same importance as another).

IDEA                                                             VOTES (I can't get these tallies straight ):   )

1. Overall Balance (Frames & Weapons)     IIIIIIIIIII

2. Damage System Overhaul                       IIIII

3. Armor Scaling                                          IIIII 

4. RNG overhaul                                          IIII

5. New Content (Endgame)                          III

6. Expanded PvP                                         III

7. Boss Revamps                                         III

8. Better Matchmaking                                 II

9. Slots From Game Play                             II 

10. More Tilesets                                         II

11. More Custimization                                 II

12. More Lore and Story Cohesion              I

13. More Interactive Bosses                         I

14. Alt Fire Weapons                                    I

15. Stability Bug Fixes                                  I

16. Performance Tuning                              I 

17. Stalker Versions of Weapons                 I

18. Increase Skill                                          I

19. More Frame Diversity                             I 

20. Nightmare Mode Revamp                       I

21. Shinies (I assume this means prime?)    I
22. Platinum overhaul                                   I 
23. Cover System                                         I
24. Game Diversity                                       I
25. Mastery Overhaul                                   I

Edited by Miose

I   Balance

a. armor scaling

b. frame balance

c. weapon balance

1. single/dual weapons

2. general balance

3. balance between primary/secondary/melee

d. mastery gating balance

II  Stability/Bugs

III New Content

a. Endgame

b. Necro and other frames

c. primaries

d. secondaries

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

#1 Long Term Goals, More Lore & Story Cohesion (They're already on it, which is great!)

For instance a way to decide what "minor weekend event" (Double Affinity, Double Resources, Rarer Mod Drops,...) the community will have,

by raiding a certain system together?

Have Orokin Capsules hidden in some levels (unearthed in corpus moon base, disassembled in a grineer lab, covered in growth in the upcoming orokin ships...) contain cryptic pieces of Lore that the community can mull over and discuss.

#2 Possibly Overhaul of Mastery System

To give more progression to the game, I would seperate weapon and frame mastery in two.

Weapon Mastery will give "Badass Rank" style, low percentage improvements to your gear,

while Frame-Mastery unlocks Daily Powers, stances, cosmetics?

#3 Damage System Overhaul & Frame Balance

Edited by Sherbniz

Im not going to voice the known things

#1 More Interactive bosses (No bullet sponges)

#2 Buffing the old and useless weapons(srsly pangolin sword looks beautiful but its useless)

#3 Alternate Fire weapons (UT Anyone?)

#4 Moar Costumization (maybe new skins for the existing ones maybe a Longer Reaper Prime)

#5 Performance Tunings.(Okay maybe my computer is not the best but fps drops like hell even in my friends monster computer thats wrong)

#6 We got Prime weapons, Vandal's, Maybe we can get Stalker versions?

Fix public grouping or mission structure so new players don't join and find nothing but rushers and screwed up games.

Add a way to earn slots through gameplay, that starts at a low level so new players don't run into a wall when trying to get a few new weapons/frames etc.

Fix direct damage abilities to somehow scale based on the level of the enemies. A flat attack damage number in a game like this is just never going to work.

Edited by VKhaun

I guess I've got to be the first one to say it then.  >.>

#1 Matchmaking Overhaul (Seriously, fix all the bugs and errors, optimize it, and let players choose who can host.  Or just implement dedicated servers already.  I know that you (DE) don't want to pay for dedicated servers, but it's only going to cripple you in the long run if you don't.  No dedicated servers means no raiding (aka large-scale pve), no large-scale (or truly competitive) pvp, and a lot of players who won't be able to do anything but solo.  That's not a good position for a multiplayer-centric game to be in.)

#2 Expanded PvP (I know this suggestion will upset some people, but PvP will give people something to do while the developers make more PvE content.  PvP content does not need to be the focal point of the game in order to have a place in it.  All I'm asking for is a few deathmatch-type modes between 4-8 players to start off with.)

#3 Nightmare Mode Revamp (I love the idea of adding extreme difficulty to Warframe, but the implementation is terrible.  There is no way to prepare for a nightmare mission, and difficulty varies wildly due to the different modifiers (some missions are easier than playing normally).  Nightmare mode should have three difficulty levels: bronze, silver, and gold.  Bronze missions use 1 modifier, Silver missions use 2 modifiers, and Gold missions use 3 modifiers.  The rewards for completing these missions also scales appropriately (the possibility of receiving forma from gold missions would be great).  Missions also need set rules, which are created when that specific mission is set to nightmare mode and remain constant until a new set of nightmare missions is generated.  Lastly, new nightmare modifiers need to be added: ones which aren't frustrating, but challenging instead.  Things like [all units are heavy units], [no ammo, health, or energy drops], [enemies only take damage from weakspots], and [players have no aiming reticule]. 

Other Ideas Which Need to Happen:

Add a way to earn slots through gameplay, that starts at a low level so new players don't run into a wall when trying to get a few new weapons/frames etc.

Fix direct damage abilities to somehow scale based on the level of the enemies. A flat attack damage number in a game like this is just never going to work.

Idea #1 Platinum overhaul (this a free to play game IN BETA, the in game purchases shouldn't be so steep for a game that's not finished)

Idea #2 More Tile-sets (gettin kinda tired of just desert's,ice, and ships.)

Idea #3 Cover System (this one is self explanatory)

I HAVE SPOKEN!

Keep em coming guys! I'm gonna include my votes while I'm thinking about it!\

#1 More Tile-sets (forest, kamino style water world, outside moon outpost, Volcano areas! Something different!)

#2 More diverse game play (more gametypes, areas, exc)

#3 Expanded PvP but fix the lag and keep PvP balances seperate from PvE!