Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[weapon] I don't know it's a bug or not...

q90385

By chance , I got a Lacera to play.  Then I found out my attacking range was same as a dagger 

So I change my weapon to MIOS , I found that it's the same situation

(all my weapon full of mod plus riven mod , range above 300%)

Before that , it was never happened , I wonder if some hotfix I didn't notice or what

If you guys can reponse, I will really appreciate that

thx

Edited by q90385

22 minutes ago, q90385 said:

hit detection range I think , because I tested it many times 

I played around a bit. The standard attack range seems marginally higher on Lacera/Mios than my Karyst [dagger]. With just Reach (+60%) I am getting around about 2.5 m on Lacera/Mios, and 2.0 m on Karyst. Other weapons I tested seem to have around what they should. I do not recall what sort of range Blade and Whip type weapons have, I was of the impression it was fairly small.

Extra Info:

Here is an old post I found: It suggests that Lacera should have about 0.4 m more range than Karyst, and Mios should have 0.5 m more. The numbers I got where different to the poster there, but I did see around about the correct difference.

Edited by krc473
Added the Extra Info bit

So it's not just me. I can confirm that this is a bug with the animation.
Tested it in the simulacrum, performing both charged attacks (supposedly lashing out the whip) and Heart of the Naga (whip lashes out on 3rd and 5th movements) and the whip does not lash out - they just... hit enemies 4 metres away from us (blade range) instead of up to 10-15 metres (whip range). Moreover I tested on captura and found out that our frames does not let go of the whip during charge attacks, explaining why the BnWs currently are unable to hit far away enemies.

I tested this with the Lacera, and made sure that no walls are in the way to block the whip lashes.

Edited by Yudhaikeledai