Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode: No Shield/energy Drain

mhyr1104

I've been running the No Shield/Energy Drain Nightmare modes recently and I've started to wonder, why not make it similar to Vampire mode? Upon killing an enemy, you regain some Shield/Energy. The 'major modes' we currently have are the Vampire, Timer and Energy Drain/No Shield. Vampire and Timer recovers as we kill enemies, so why not do the same for Energy Drain/No Shield? The thing which makes Warframe Warframe, is the fact that we can use abilities along with guns, but if you remove the abilities, then the game is just a very weird shooting game.

Felt I should say this. The Energy Drain modifier already removes your shields. There is a separate mode that only removes shields. I am fine with it on everything but Defense Missions. Using cover and tactics is what I like about NS/NE modes. That isn't the case in defense where we are pretty much expected to lay down lines and lines of fire while taking it.

I love this mode on the standard retrieval missions. It feels like a perfect balance of enemy hazard and teamwork requirement. It forces me to really pay attention to when and where I use my abilities. And I know I have to stick with the team objective whether that is stopping to clear a room or moving swiftly. We have to stick together or be cut down.

The other difficulty modes just feel like gimmicks. Vampire, timer, and low-grav just change the dynamic, but don't actually increase the threat. I <3 No-Shields+Energy Drain.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents here.  The no shield/energy sap mode is really the only mode that's difficult.  The health sap and timer are actually easier than normal in some ways.  Nightmare is suppose to be a challenge.  It definitely should not be made easier.

I love this mode on the standard retrieval missions. It feels like a perfect balance of enemy hazard and teamwork requirement. It forces me to really pay attention to when and where I use my abilities. And I know I have to stick with the team objective whether that is stopping to clear a room or moving swiftly. We have to stick together or be cut down.

The other difficulty modes just feel like gimmicks. Vampire, timer, and low-grav just change the dynamic, but don't actually increase the threat. I <3 No-Shields+Energy Drain.

Exactly.  No shield mode is the only one that really changes the gameplay and makes it harder.  We need more stuff like that.  You know, I thought I remember reading that they planned to have nightmare modes that limit your weapons, i.e. melee only or secondary only.  That would rock.  Whatever happened to that?

its quite entertaining, I kinda wish every nightmare mission I go to had this as punishment, keeps the rushers away and frankly more enjoyable to play in

Enjoyable? Really? When u completed that mission and suddenly a timer comes out with a 3min countdown and tons of grineers just spawn. I wonder if that is mission impossible or challenging? 

Note:Grineer are lvl50~60...