Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After all the weapon reworks are done, the weapon loadout system should be looked at as well

BillyMancer

I'm all in with faster weapon swap time... not very practical when reloading is faster then weapon switching

as of more weaponslots. I don't think there is a good reason for getting another slot but there is an alternativ

how about instead of primary/secundary/melee we get 3 slots where we can fit every weapon we like.

mean if we wanna go with 3 primarys we could do that but we don't have any secundary or melee

or you could run with 2 melee weapons and a secundary

I like the idea or more primaries. I have already picked through, finalized, and forma'd my secondaries and melees but my total number of primaries just keep piling up. With the sheer amount of weapons there i'd like to be able to use at least two at a time so speed up the process. This would also support the fact that we always keep getting more and more weapons with no way to utilize them. Primaries hold my favorite weapons but I am locked out because I can only use one at a time. 

Also, why not use the tigrisP and supra vandal? Or vectisP with boar? This might invalidate the use of secondaries but I would categorize the three weapons as long range, short range(higher single target damage than long range), and AoE(lowest dps but spreads). With PoE and Fortuna, the need for a separate long range weapon is more important than ever. I would not even mind keeping the current holster speed with more weapons to play with.

1 hour ago, Tekaia said:

how about instead of primary/secundary/melee we get 3 slots where we can fit every weapon we like.

I can finally have three twin grakatas for maximum grakata.... 

Firstly, I think the holstering animation could be better, but not necessarily faster; even slower if it makes the animation more smooth and organic. Unlike a lot of other games where swapping between weapons is usually relegated to half of the process, Warframe has the full process of both holstering your weapon and drawing it which is why to players it may seem clunky. Think of as trying to sheathe a sword and draw another one. With a smoother animation, speed holstering mods might have a better interaction with the animation. I do think some frames could have the desired fast base weapon swap like Mag which can chalk it up to that she doesn't actually need to holster or draw a weapon but rather simply magnetize them. Or Mesa being part of her gunslinger status.

With how Warframe currently is, having 4 weapons would be very clunky. It already is clunky with 3 weapons (or even just your single primary depending on what it is). Also, the reason why the current system works is because it helps lock weapons to a specific holster point; primaries on back, secondaries on hip. Not to mention that having more weapons is practically useless in the current state of Warframe since most people end up modding a single weapon to work for all situations.

Now, on the other hand, I'd be okay for an entirely different weapon class to be a fourth slot. Currently, all of our current weapons are weapons that need to be held or wielded. What if we had a weapon or equipment class that can be fired without the need to actually equip it? Although that is off-topic and not in line with OP's suggestions. I still think that we should stick to the basics and not introduce new systems until the current ones have been worked out.

Edited by Goodwill