Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Pistols And Datacores.

Puckeye

Hi,

I'm wondering something. When dual wielding pistols there's only one clip counter so it lists the total amount of bullets contained in both clips together. My first question is this: How can we then have an odd amount of bullets when the 2 pistols are fully loaded? Are'nt both guns' clip size the same? I get it that the game is treating the duals as a single weapon but special consideration should be made.

When modding a dual weild pistol the clip size should take into consideration that it is affecting two guns. So for exemple the Lato clip starts at 15 bullets unmodded then the dual (Aklota) starts at 30. When applying a +10% clip size the Lato clip goes up to 17 bullets but the same mod applied to the Aklato gives 33 bullets instead of 34 as one should expect.

My second question concerns picking up a datacore when using dual pistol... Shouldn't the clip size then be halved?

I think a good fix to this would be to show 2 clip counters along side the total ammo count when dual wielding, then only show one clip counter when transporting a datacore.

When firing a dual pistol each counter would go down as the appropriate pistol is shot.

What say ye?

at leat if guns had special fuction it would have been useefull:

right clik right gun , left clik left gun

with 1 buton for both guns it's like , and technikally it is like you are using 1 gun

--------------------------------------------------

also i was wondering do one handed guns have any avantage over dual guns?

it would be legit if you had a litle speed malus or something for using dual weapons

or maybe and it would make sense make the accuracy lower for dual weapons

actually only the Furis and dual furis make the diference...

for bolto and lato ppl run around with the same accuracy and double shooting rate , that's insane

Edited by Tsoe

Well yeah, the game actually does consider dual weapons as a single gun. I'd imagine it's a lot simpler to just program it that way instead of creating an entirely new mechanic (2 sets of ammo counters as well as different firing buttons) for no significant benefit. I just like the animation and how its like the previous weapon but stronger. (So if you like the Lato, you upgrade to the Aklato)

Well I don't know about to use 2 buttons to operate both guns but the main reason that made me think to wrtie in was the fact that using only one of the two pistol woudl still give you access to the full dual pistol clip...

Call it nit picking or whatnot but I like an iota of realism in the games I play even if they are sci-fi or fantasy...

And as far as being more complex programming I don't think it would be that much more complex, I believe DE devs are quite skillful and adding a second parameter or variable to a weapon shouldn't be that complex. Mind you I have no idea how the code was built and how it can adapt to unforseen variations but from the level of programming already involved here I have no doubt that this is in fact possible... I'm a software developper for in-house systems at my office so I have at the very least some knowledge coding...

But all in all I'd be happy with a halved count when using only one pistol. I'd be happy too if they were able to add a second clip count even if it's not "synched" to a specific pistol. Something like first shot counter p1 goes down one, second shot counter p2 goes down one. While coding you just have to quicly compare the two counters and see which one to decrease next, if both counters are equal then decrease p1 otherwise decrease p2...

Anyway if the devs would like me to go into more details I'd be happy to work with them, not that I really think they need help. :)