Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Bounties

Klokwerkaos

I've been doing an experiment to help my clan grow and help people care more about the clan to help our members be more interactive.

The experiment consists of providing clan bounties.

I'd like DE to consider some of these ideas for how they might be able to incorporate something like this into kingpin stuff (maybe make creating a bounty a permission that can be added to a role) and then make it happen, and also for other players to consider this option when running their own clans.  Granted small clans that are struggling to start out can't really benefit from this, but clans that are well established really might have a lot to gain from this idea as it has been helping me a lot with player retention and activity.

The general gist is I post in clan chat and discord that i want something.  This isn't typically a shopping list per se (though I suppose it could be), but it's more like stuff I want people to do to participate.

Examples of bounties I have had successfully are:

1000 pigment donation, 20p bounty

John Prodman Decoration donation 20p bounty

Successfully run a clan event at the dojo with 20 or more attending members 20p

Farm and donate X room construction resource requirements, 30p

Win monthly arena tournament grand prize 100p

etc.

Some additional ideas would be incorporating unique decorations you have to farm like the john prodman poster that are desirable, since that would really give us something to want to work towards.

The reward size is less of what it's about and more about giving people a sense that they are contributing to the clan because we don't really have ways for clans to interact anymore.

This lets them know they are doing something that is helpful, and feel like they are part of a clan community because there is a sense of competition to complete the objective before others do, as well as having something to do that is clan orientated, which is especially necessary since:

A) raids don't exist (hopefully railjack and kingpin help here)

B) once your research is complete there is nothing that binds the clan together in objectives or gives them an excuse to interact

I also saw recently that someone posted a clan board idea, and this would be a perfect in game delivery system since right now it's kind of a pain to have to force people to discord to be able to get this kind of information.  Having an object I could put up that would allow people to place bounties of various types would be awesome.

Ultimately this also gives me something to use my plat on in game as well since I otherwise just sit on a mountain of it, and instead transfers that wealth to players that actually need it, and also gives me an excuse to farm more stuff to sell for plat, thereby making me more active at max MR as well since there isn't anything left for me to spend it on and dropping 300p every few months on some random content doesn't really cover me having enough activity there since I can make that much plat in an hour.

It's unlikely that they will do it for platinum as it represents real world money and that would move the game into gambling territory. However there is some merit to the idea in if rare and/or uncommon mods/rivens or blueprints could be won through this. Another possibility would be through the solar rails which has been side tracked due to problems in how it was played. If however it made a return in the form of solar rail raids say to the void with potential prizes each week. The more it's used the higher the chance of attacks from the void on the rail requiring a rail defense mission which would bring back the force specters too.

I don't know if that would be used in the new major update coming out soon but it could be an interesting use of an otherwise currently useless aspect to the game.

Edited by Cuchullin

6 hours ago, Cuchullin said:

It's unlikely that they will do it for platinum as it represents real world money and that would move the game into gambling territory. However there is some merit to the idea in if rare and/or uncommon mods/rivens or blueprints could be won through this. Another possibility would be through the solar rails which has been side tracked due to problems in how it was played. If however it made a return in the form of solar rail raids say to the void with potential prizes each week. The more it's used the higher the chance of attacks from the void on the rail requiring a rail defense mission which would bring back the force specters too.

I don't know if that would be used in the new major update coming out soon but it could be an interesting use of an otherwise currently useless aspect to the game.

I don't see the concept of bounties as analogous to gambling in the same respect that the old kavat lever was.  This is much closer to the concept of a trade of am item for plat.  The difference being providing a service rather than an item.  I don't see how that encompasses gambling in that the exchange will not occur without the concept of all parties who have mutually agreed terms.

Additionally I don't think Its good practice to refer to platinum as real world money.  Many new folks think of it this way because they assume purchasing plat is the only way to acquire it, but it most certainly is not, and further, I can't imagine I would spend the equivalent of a down payment on a car for a riven which I most certainly have many times over, the difference being I can easily make a 1000 plat per day when I feel like trading in under 2 hours.  Buying that level of plat however (20k) would be insane, especially several times over.  Thinking of plat like this seems unhelpful in my perspective.

Ultimately what I would like is for clans to be something more than a place to get blueprints with content that supports it, however at this time this was the first idea I had for this and is the best thing I have come up with to develop a sense of community outside of simply running content with/for people... and that itself becomes problematic, because when you play the game for people all the time, and do the content foe them, and have all the answers for them on how to out the game into easy mode, it really can handicap their ability to grow through developing their understanding in many cases, and further, can cause them to get bored and lose interest because they are literally bored of the game since there is no challenge at all and they are merely a passenger to all content.  Doing this sometimes is great... all the time, not so much.

I see clans instead as an opportunity to create social networks and events and other ways for gamers to connect besides just endlessly murdering mobs, and lately that's all it feels like, clans feel unsupported by content to me.  Even the dojo rework, while nice, isn't enough.  We need stuff to do with our clan, and weapon research WAS great, but that's past tense, as in completed forever ago.

I could be wrong but I'm just not seeing how your criticism applies to my idea, which is less about me wanting to emotionally defend it, but rather, I'd prefer if it is denounced, that it be denounced for logically consistent reasons, and the plat thing doesn't hold up in my view.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

Looking over your original post I accept that I may have jumped the gun in my comment about the gambling aspect. Running it as a rewards system except for the successfully completing a clan event for 20p and winning a monthly tournament for 100p which is a fine line between being seen as gambling and/or prize money. The problem is that many people do view plat as linked with real world money and anything that suggests working that line of thought can be interpreted as gambling which has come under fire in recent times with loop boxes. I know it's not exactly like that but it wouldn't be much of a leap to make that assumption.

Beyond that and in a sense this further reinforces the view of real world money and plat but many people buy plat to show appreciation for and support of the devs. This also trickles down to new players who more often than not have little to no understanding of the trade chat, end up feeling discouraged and getting the plat themselves. Also if plat is what you are suggesting as a reward for these bounties it also basically prevents the game from making any money which would more then likely mean that the devs will lose interest in creating quality content

My apologies for not reading your comment properly but seeing plat as a reward (either as a bounty reward or otherwise) on the scale your suggesting ismore then likely going to be shot down.

I absolutely agree with you that having a means of making clans/ alliances more about social networking and clan style events which create an environment where the clan dojo is more then just a pit stop for trades and pick up point for blueprints can only be a good thing I just misinterpreted what was being said once plat was involved and is actually a good example of how perception of a thing can be warped by what people see and understand.