Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Go Back To Our Home?

Surion

I was thinking about that for two days and now I decided to tell that idea and its so important.

Why dont we have city or base, what ever you call it. We should have a city I think and let me describe that city&base. That city could contain all players or if it cannot there could be servers to restrain lag so lagg problem could be solved, anyway. There could be a big monitor and long keyboard in front of that giant monitor. We could push " x " or " e " to enter that computer and that computer will show us our galaxy map and we will choose planet, mission or whatever. There could be arena in that city or arena enterence for pvp, we will talk with arena npc or computer to make pvp, clan wars or whatever. There could be other things like market, auction house, premium shop, weaponary, crafting shop and more. I think that kind of city in game, will make all of us happy because players could chat in that city, walk, talk each other, make pvp, buy things, take quests, talk npcs and more. These kinds of things could make warframe better and more colorful game. So if you are in same idea maybe Warframe staff could do that if many players want it. So if you are in same idea please write it to here because Warframe staff could not accept that idea until lots of players want it. Im waiting other Tenno's support to have our City&Home&Base, we could really turn to our home when the Lotus tell us " Lets return to our home, mission complete. "

Selecting quest,buying things from just one screen is so bad I think. By the way Warframe is MMO. MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online so Warframe is MMO too. And I dont see any bad thing at City idea. It will not have zoo or restaurant, its just base for us to make things which we need. Like as I said " making things from screens is so bad and not interesting ". That's why Im offering it.

It advertises itself as an mmo and mmo websites

It advertises itself as an online co-operative third-person action game, which is also free2play. Some MMOs have free2play models, which is why the game is listed on f2p sites.

By the way Warframe is MMO. MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online so Warframe is MMO too.

Just because a game has online features and allows you to play with other people does not mean it is an MMO. MMO is a genre, the same way FPS and RTS are. Is Counterstrike an MMO? Starcraft? Command & Conquer? They all have online features, surely you're not saying they're MMOs too?

And gives away keys to dedicated mmo websites.

I agree its not an mmo, they seem to want it to be one though.

Dedicated mmo websites eh? A search for the main one shows dota keys and a bunch of other ones as well. Pretty sure they're "dedicated beta key websites that also have MMO activity on them because they wanted the pageviews to continue after the beta ended".

MMO or not I think city will be so good, thats the point. We are arguing wrong thing. City will make game better because its somekind of browser based game, because we are doing everything from screens and I think its not that good thing.

Well when you think about it, some kind of game center would be fairly easy to implement. Just make some of the staff host the "game center" map, dressed as a hot-dog stand warframe, giving people oportunity to test stuff against dummies, selling rare mods for obscene ammount of money or something. Jokes aside, I think it could actually work, even in this type of game.

This'll never happen, unless DE decides to get dedicated servers for this game, which I doubt they ever will.

That, and the idea is just not very appealing. I hate having to walk from place to place in MMO's, I'd rather keep it the way it is now, with menu's I can access from a central point.

As stated, DE would have to get dedicated servers to host these social/communal instances. That aside, there are people that don't like having to wander an actual virtual space. They are not looking for immersion or social interaction. They just want to log in and go into a mission. That is perfectly fine and a valid request. It is also easily doable alongside the implementation of an actual home instance.

If you want an example of a game that pulls off both, look at Spiral Knights. They let you log into a menu from which you can directly queue into game dunegons, or you can choose to load into the virtual city to run around and meet up with people.

There will not be gigantic city which includes zoo,restaurant,hotel,airport and etc. guys. Im talking about a base which includes giant mission computer, pvp arena npc and teleporter. Weaponary,warframe shop, premium shop will be side by side. We will go missions from mission computer, buy things from shop npcs and go to clan wars or make pvp with other players at arena after teleport from arena npc or computer. Thats all, dont think we will have streets and more things, we will just have necessery things in our base. So you will not run miles or you will not talk with all npcs to go quests. You will click "x" button at in front of giant galaxy computer and select planet, quests. You dont have to talk with other players or you dont have to do anything you dont want, just go to the computer if you dont like that kinds of things. There is place for everyone, you dont have to spend your time in city, just when your mission complete you will come back to ship, you will go to galaxy map computer and enter another quest, everyone is happy.

But you're adding a place to walk around that serves no purpose other then giving a player something to look at and making them take more time to navigate menus. You're literally just making a menu that you walk around rather then click on things in.

There is a purpose to it. It serves to create immersion, encourage social interaction, and a foster base from which a community can grow. Without that, this game is about the equivalent of a single player game with optional online matchmaking.

Every time I join a coop match, I have no expectation of ever seeing the other people in there again. That means there is little incentive for me to care about or even cooperate with them. Playing with them is in effect, as meaningful as playing with NPCs.

Edited by Ryme

Ryme told what I was going to say, thanks for that Ryme. İn adition to Ryme's words I will tell something; that city give us nice visiual, I think many players will prefer doing their jobs in that city to doing at menu. Its like a browser game and its not interesting. Making things from menu boring me and we cannot be social with other players and we dont have friends in game. Because we cannot see other players much and we dont care about players that we making quests. When we have city we could have friends and we could have more fun from game with those friends. I will prefer to make quests with my friends to have more fun. Thats why I wish one Home for all of us.

Dedicated mmo websites eh? A search for the main one shows dota keys and a bunch of other ones as well. Pretty sure they're "dedicated beta key websites that also have MMO activity on them because they wanted the pageviews to continue after the beta ended".

I got my key from mmorpg.com

Are you saying that is not a dedicated mmo website?

http://www.gameitems...-beta-keys.html

Right there on the front page at the time of this post. I dunno, I don't see the word "MMO" in that site's name, do you?

Whats that have to do with anything? You are claiming that because one of the websites they release keys on is not a dedicated mmo website, that none of the websites they release keys on are dedicated websites?

Whats that have to do with anything? You are claiming that because one of the websites they release keys on is not a dedicated mmo website, that none of the websites they release keys on are dedicated websites?

see

Thats just repeating the argument that i said you were making above.

They advertise on dedicated mmo websites, i have provided an example of this. Showing that not all the sites they give keys to are dedicated mmo sites does not make the dedicated mmo sites they gave keys to go away.

Essentially they have a list of sites with their target audience.

These sites seem to include:

-Dedicated mmo websites

-Websites that are not dedicated mmo websites, but do cover mmos

The only logical conclusion is that they are targeting the mmo audience.

Edited by Archade

Thats just repeating the argument that i said you were making above.

The only logical conclusion is that they are targeting the mmo audience.

Since you asked what I was saying, I quoted a post that said it.

The only logical conclusion is that they are targeting the "let's-try-something-new-that's-free" audience, which overlaps into pretty much every genre.