Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Us Move Polarity Slots

Aeshi

Simply put, I think we should be able to move the polarized slots on our weapons

For example my Frost Prime has 3 D slots along the bottom "row" of mods, while my Rhino has 2 D mods in the first "column" and a 3rd in second one. I'd like to be able to move them so both frames have their polarized slots in the same places, which would make switching mods between them quicker since I'd always be putting each mod in the same place.

Edited by Aeshi

Really?! Who gives a S#&$ about polarity looks. Nobody will be judging your warframe. Absolutely useless and unnecessary 

OCD is storing in this one.

OP might be OCD, but this is actually not a bad idea. DE has mentioned before that we are going to be getting loadouts soon. If I have a weapon/Warframe with the same polarities, but in different locations it will make my loadouts useless on any other weapons/Warframe.

OP might be OCD, but this is actually not a bad idea. DE has mentioned before that we are going to be getting loadouts soon. If I have a weapon/Warframe with the same polarities, but in different locations it will make my loadouts useless on any other weapons/Warframe.

Wait, let me get this straight. You're expecting that experienced programmers develop an application that's functional only if it's used in a particular, very linear, way? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

If ANYTHING, each weapon will probably have its own setup of mods.

Just like scarves and dangly bits?

But you can see those on the player and would make you look cool. Weapon Polarity slot is something that no one but YOU will see. I don't know how long it would take for DE to change it so people can move it but it probably take some time. This time is better spent on doing other things instead.

This will have no effect on the player or the weapon so it's honestly a rather useless idea. 

Again with the whole "priority" and "need." I'll just copy-paste this.

Why do people always feel the need to mention things about "priority"? We're just posting any kind of feedback regarding certain possibilties, as well as nitpickings, etc. If those things you're talking about should be priorities, there should be active topics about it anyway (which there are many). And since those are active, DE will probably have a closer eye on them.

Sure, we won't be expecting such things too soon, since they are really minimal things. That doesn't mean we can't suggest them just for the sake of suggesting it (since those "priority issues" are already being dealt with in active topics). There's no reason to try putting down topics like this one just because, for some reason, you think DE will switch their priority over this, ensuing in a time consuming matter (even though this won't even take much time to make). I'm saying this as if I'm assuming that's what you guys think, but it's often the case with people I came across here

Topics such as this is just to make minor suggestions on minor things in case DE didn't think about, a little nudge if you will. They can note for a later hotfix; they added energy affecting the projectile/muzzle flash on Flux Rifle, Dera, and so on, even while they're working and releasing fixes, so why can't they do that? We know it's not needed, but that's besides the point.

As for the idea, it's a good suggestion. I do think it's a very minor thing, but that's something that can be implemented at a later date I think.

This will have no effect on the player

The effect on the player is right in TC's post. For some players, it will appeal to them to have this choice of moving polarities for their own habits and such. I personally have no use of this, but for those people, it can make a little difference. It might not have effects on you either, but you can't generalize by saying that it won't "affect" anyone.

Edited by Casardis

The effect on the player is right in TC's post. For some players, it will appeal to them to have this choice of moving polarities for their own habits and such. I personally have no use of this, but for those people, it can make a little difference. It might not have effects on you either, but you can't generalize by saying that it won't "affect" anyone.

No, it's a fact that it won't affect anyone. Those who slightly care about it are those that cares about absolute minute detail and want to have complete control over it. They most likely have OCD in some way and I won't deny that I have some of it as well but mine is more about that I want to get every weapon in the game to max level.

But they can just easily brush it off. I've seen plenty of people have similar issues with Steam client and when they buy a game and don't want it in their list of 500 other games. They act like each time they open up the client they'll have a heart attack because it's still there.

This is just not needed. The advantage it has is that it might take one second longer to change your mods for what would be some hours worth of work that might just introduce bugs. This shouldn't even be in the Gameplay feedback as it has no effect on Gameplay.

Last I checked TC didn't seem to act the way you are referring to with the Steam client, which is why we shouldn't assume that as well. Also, it's a fact that it won't affect anyone greatly, or in the long term, but it's not a fact that it won't affect anyone "at all." Just because you pull out the "it's a fact" card doesn't make it so.

"This is just not needed." If you read my post, I pointed out in bold that I know it's not needed, but that's besides the point of what it "needs." It may not be needed, but it's still a decent suggestion for the UI itself. The issues that come afterward due to DE's own work (bugs, etc) isn't in our hands and shouldn't be our concern because we have no control over it, so that shouldn't be counted in the "harms" that could do to us players. It's like we're afraid of changes because of bugs that can happen in the process, in a beta.

In case you assume things on my side as well, yes, I can easily brush it off. In fact, I didn't even consider the idea TC made before reading this topic, so it won't make a difference to me either way. I'll back off from this topic as well, since I said what I wanted to say.

Lastly. Yes, I agree this is in the wrong section. This should be in UI feedback, not gameplay.

Edited by Casardis

Look, to cut this short, it'd take 5 minutes to implement. It'd take about 10 minutes thinking of where to put everything.

If you cannot take 15 minutes out of your day for something OCD players may want (and I know players who leave games for lack of customization in the tiniest order, and then go to sandbox-esque games), then so be it. But I see no reason to defend them. Either they want to spend 15 minutes to work that in, or they don't.