The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe crashes the whole computer on startup.

Lynx3r

So.

As I updated the game recently (from around update 22.18.0 so that's quite a leap right there), before this new UI update and everything else that has happened, the game worked wonderfully, but now upon starting up my game, I am greeted with this. Whole computer grinds to a halt and my headphones play a sound that says something has probably short circuited. Launcher works fine, updates download fine, but pressing that play button, I get a flash of the ingame loading bar and then this.

Whole system decides to commit Subaru. Very honorable. 

As for specs of my setup: W7, intel i5-3570k @3,40GHz, 16Gigs of RAM, nVidia 760GTX with 4Gigs to work with,

And this problem doesn't occur on any other game I play, only with Warframe with the newest updates, what do.

8067dbaf47d30ddc27ecc2c0642ee733.jpg

45 minutes ago, .Tabris said:

Try Optimizing the cache download. I used to get these freezes all the time too, until I realized I had to do this every so often, specially after a big update. The Sacrifice update is huuge so lots of temp files.

Done did it just as instructed, but sorry to say, this did not help. 😶

Got different colors though, so there's that.2c3f876e6358a8198221149dd17868aa.jpg

4 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Try disabling DX11/12 in the Launcher settings.

Also try launching in Windowed mode.

If that still doesn't work, create a support ticket and send in the last EE.log file.

Tried both of them, and miraculously my computer didn't crash, it just shut itself down. 😐

One way ticket, one way ticket, one way ticket to the bluuuUUUuuuues.

Thanks for the help though.

This is normally due to drivers, faulty hardware, overclocking etc. Bad PSU can cause this as well as failing GPU VRM. You should add what your make/model your PSU is.

If you haven't already, Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run your PC in safe mode. Run DDU and wipe the drivers. If you were using newer drivers, go back to an older version.

Are the other games you play demanding ones? Can you run benchmarking tools like Unigine Valley?

8 hours ago, McSkops said:

This is normally due to drivers, faulty hardware, overclocking etc. Bad PSU can cause this as well as failing GPU VRM. You should add what your make/model your PSU is.

If you haven't already, Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run your PC in safe mode. Run DDU and wipe the drivers. If you were using newer drivers, go back to an older version.

Are the other games you play demanding ones? Can you run benchmarking tools like Unigine Valley?

Power supply: Cooler Master B700 ATX 700w // RS-700-ACAB-D3, haven't tinkered with the hardware or overclocking or any of that stuff, completely stock. 

Drivers have been updated, downdated, uninstalled, reinstalled, reupdated, redowndated, reuninstalled and rereinstalled, not much luck on that front.

Other demanding games, does GTA V / GTAO count?, runs smoothly 60 fps on high graphics, and I don't think Warframe is drawing that much rendering power on the opening ingame loading screen to get a full crash? That doesn't sound right, but what do I know. 

Unigine Valley Benchmark results below, runs like a dream.

0767084edbd332177eca0f4b4af65ebe.png