The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats Concidered 'good' In Terms Of How Many Waves You Can Do Alone On Xini?

Playur

Question

I can do 10. But I feel that I can do better. And thats why I ask you guys for tips. 

Is there anything special I can do to get up to... 15-20 waves alone? 
At the 10th wave my pod went down to 57%. And thats when I realised I had to quit. 
I got 7 fusion cores and a couple of mods. Which I think is pretty good for doing 10 waves solo. I mean... 10 minutes = 7 cores. Pretty good deal concidering 5 of them was uncommons. 

But back on topic. As an Excalibur, I have a littlebit of a hard time reaching those 10 waves. Is there anything I can do to make it a littlebit easier? I really like to defense solo in order to become better myself, but also to avoid the Nova's camping the doors. 

Heres my setup btw. If theres anything you think I should switch out/add or something like that. Please let me know. 

Im far less experienced in this game than most of you guys, and really do appreciate any help. :3

0T7ndJ2.jpg

- Energy Siphon > All the way up
- Radial Blind > All the way up
- Redirection > 360%
- Vigor > All the way up
- Vitality > 280%
- Radial Javelin > All the way up 
- Continuity > One from the top (Working on maxing it out)
- Flow > All the way up
- Focus > All the way up + Pendragon Excalibur helmet
- Streamline > One from the top (Working on maxing it out)
- Stretch > All the way up

Btw: Anyone want to do high wave Xini defense with me? :3

I would do high wave defense with you! But, Continuity only affects Slash Dash on Excalibur. It doesn't affect Radial Blind. You may want to switch out Continuity for Slash Dash, and then Vitality for Fortitude/Fast Deflection. Add me to your contacts, and I can be Vauban or Saryn. 

Someone else who grinds solo defense! Huzzah! I knew I wasn't a queer!

Anyway. Like other's have said, continuity doesn't affect anything but Slash Dash, so I suggest switching that out, perhaps for Slash Dash. I believe it still works on Xini, due to Infested taking triple damage from blade type attacks.

Excalibur is really not the frame for solo'ing Xini to any wave above 20, even with maxed out gear at the level of Ogris/Acrid/Despair or anything else that works well against multiple ancients. So yeah, if you reach wave 25, you can say you are able to handle stuff yourself to a certain degree.

A frame that can dish out severe damage at all times (Saryn) or one who can keep up the defense extensively (Vauban/Nyx), can reach levels of the 50+ plane. I reached wave 60 with Saryn day 1 after the 9.5 defense nerf, but actually left then. By now I somehow have the feeling the pod was debuffed a bit again. Not exactly sure what the breakpoint for being good is, as mostly you will just perform 1-2 skills and then shoot the same point for hours, but I assume wave 50 requires quite some patience, so yeah, go for it.

Instead of Continuity you could use Fortitude (for that little bit of extra protection for offscreen S#&$) and I personally also would replace Flow with .. anything, but that's me. Depends a bit more on your weapon choices than your frame mods when playing something like Excalibur.

Edited by his1nightmare

Wave 25 solo with an unranked frame but good weapons o:

Managed to do that with a repolarized Frost Prime xDDD It was more of an experiment because I was trying to exploit the AI's pathfinding (They attack the person who is closest to the spawn and you can just stand there on the T split in front of the Cryo to make them all focus on you.) so they would only focus on me and leave the pod alone.

You need a good weapon though (preferably armor ignore) and Wyrm (Since CC is the best for late level, I used Wyrm as a spotter too he shoots at the closest threat CCing him while I finish him off. Awesome spotter ^^)

I also have to add that spawnrate is lower when you are soloing so it is a lot easier.

PS: I did this because I was bored of the game and wanted to "experiment" with creating my own challenges.

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET HIT AT WAVE 25. You lose SO MANY HEALTH with such a low level frame it gave me a heartattack when I went down to 2 HP left.

Atleast I didnt die xD

Not possible anymore, AI has been updated (They don't ignore the Cryo anymore if you are in their way) and level cap from enemies increased since the last time I did it (pre-ancient skin change). I'm glad I still have my screenshots though but... sigh. Well I guess it's better that people can't solo till wave 25.

Best no abilities run for me with current AI and levelcap/armor scaling is Wave 15 with Cryo at ~50% health. Sadly can't go any higher anymore without abilities. I don't know how far I would be able to go if I bring my powers since I can't rely on the new enemies' leveling.

Edited by R3leaZ

But back on topic. As an Excalibur, I have a littlebit of a hard time reaching those 10 waves. Is there anything I can do to make it a littlebit easier? I really like to defense solo in order to become better myself, but also to avoid the Nova's camping the doors. 

Well, there's your problem.

Ideal solution: Vauban + Vortex + Ogris/Torid 

Other good options: Nyx, Nova, Rhino,

Also spawn camping is not a viable strategy for solo. 

- I only have my Excalibur :'( 
- Thanks for all the tips. 
- I'll try to do 25 waves >:D

Edit: New record 15 waves. Enjoy the slideshow >_> Aaaand im most likely not going to be able to do 20-25 :/

tF0taM7.jpg
ce74pmG.jpg

KK1cv1g.jpg

YU80Xdx.jpg

4rZSagP.jpg

Cx3TNVA.jpg

AJ61pm7.jpg

Edited by Playur

Update from me. It's not possible anymore to do a "No abilities run" to wave 25. The AI has been changed since the last time I did that and the enemies' levelcap increased. Highest I got with current AI/Levelcap is 15 with Cryo damaged till around 50% =_=