Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Vauban Kit Rework Suggestion

(PSN)mahoshonenfox

These are my Vauban kit rework suggestions.

1) Trap Layer (25 Energy)
- This ability replaces Tesla.
- It now has a power wheel where tapping changes the element of the trap Vauban can throw.
- There's shock, cold, heat and toxic trap.
- They all have an AoE of 5m.
- All enemies in that AoE will be damaged 150 elemental damage once every 3 seconds for 15 seconds.
- They'll also be dealt 100% status proc for whatever element was set.
(This design has Condition Overload synergy in mind.)

2) Mine Layer (50 Energy)
- Vauban can throw 4 different proximity mines that detonate when enemies get within 10m of it.
- All enemies caught in the 10m AoE will be affected by the mine.
- Concuss Mine: Deals 300 Blast damage with 100% status proc and opens enemies to melee finishers for 10 seconds.
- Shrapnel Mine: Deals 300 Puncture damage with 100% status proc and permanently reduces enemy attack damage by 5% stackable.
- Kinetic Mine: Deals 300 Impact damage with 100% status proc and permanently makes enemies take 5% more damage stackable.
- Shred Mine: Deals 300 Slash damage with 5 instances of 100% chance slash procs.
(This design ALSO has Condition Overload synergy in mind.)

3) Bastille (75 Energy)
- No more limit to the number of enemies that can be caught in Bastille.
- Only 4 Bastille instances can be spawned at a time.
- If a 5th one is spawned, the 1st one despawns.

4) Vortex (no change)
- You can throw traps and mines into it and it changes its elemental and IPS attributes.

I don’t see anything really wrong with Vauban. I only think he needs is his Telsa grenades updated instead of them turning It into a charged ability. Like take away its duration. Have their life be depended on how much charge they have. Have the damage continuous like the arc traps dealing increased dmg per second until the charge depletes. How much charge they have would be determined by power strength. Lastly, have them zap multiple enemy’s at once

Telsa’s would automatically expire if they didn’t zap an enemy within 15 seconds (To keep from filling a entire room with telsa’s that don’t have a duration clock.) Multiple telsa’s zapping the same enemy would increase the status chance on the target. So when you have multiple telsa’s. It can possibly can have mobs stun locked until charge depletes. 

Ok, and i have another suggestion for his ultimate, because COME ON! everyone uses Bastille instead of Vortex, and Vortex have too small radius to be useful... Ok... Now - my suggestion:

4th ability (stream): "Gradual attack" or "Ballistical Shield" (name WIP)

Vauban creates ballistical shield in front of him, which absorbs all incoming enemy (ally damage not allowed because he would become 2nd Nyx) damage. He can move (and rotate) this shield whenever he want, so you won't just stand and stare how your enemies cry or trying blow up your perfect defence. When you tap [4] again or your mana depletes Vauban deals damage to and through (like Plasmor, but with other visual effect) all enemies in front of him at a distance of 20 meters. (You can't shoot or hit someone while maintaining ability)

-ability cast cost 50🔵

-maintaining ability: 5🔵/sec

-shield size: height = 2m; width = 4m (both parameters increase with increasing radius)

With this ability Vauban can become real tank and true "father of gradual attack" as he was IRL (but we don't have the opportunity to make trenches).

1 hour ago, Darth_Krayt said:

Ok, and i have another suggestion for his ultimate, because COME ON! everyone uses Bastille instead of Vortex, and Vortex have too small radius to be useful... Ok... Now - my suggestion:

4th ability (stream): "Gradual attack" or "Ballistical Shield" (name WIP)

Vauban creates ballistical shield in front of him, which absorbs all incoming enemy (ally damage not allowed because he would become 2nd Nyx) damage. He can move (and rotate) this shield whenever he want, so you won't just stand and stare how your enemies cry or trying blow up your perfect defence. When you tap [4] again or your mana depletes Vauban deals damage to and through (like Plasmor, but with other visual effect) all enemies in front of him at a distance of 20 meters. (You can't shoot or hit someone while maintaining ability)

-ability cast cost 50🔵

-maintaining ability: 5🔵/sec

-shield size: height = 2m; width = 4m (both parameters increase with increasing radius)

With this ability Vauban can become real tank and true "father of gradual attack" as he was IRL (but we don't have the opportunity to make trenches).

Vortex was the original Larva before Nidus was created. It was used in synergy with high punch through high damage weapons like Lanka and Opticor. At least it was back in the day.

В 05.08.2018 в 11:53, (PS4)mahoshonenfox сказал:

Vortex was the original Larva before Nidus was created. It was used in synergy with high punch through high damage weapons like Lanka and Opticor. At least it was back in the day.

Well, vortex cost 100 mana (155 in my build, which concentrated on Bastille) and don't have high grab radius (standart = 6 meters), while Nidus's Larva cost only 25 mana (¼ of vortex) and have 12m of grab radius(2 radiuses of vortex) the next difference between them - Larva don't take more enemies after cast, while Vortex do and even damage your foes.

Pal, I didn't said DE should take my suggestion of new Vauban's ult, I just think Larva is more useful, than Vortex and it (Vortex) became really useless. But if DE buff Vortex, i mean increase radius at least to 10m and reduse it's cost (maybe 75 mana/cast), increase it's damage it would be more useful, but it will still be the same Vortex, but with a bit increased stats. I suggested this new ability because we need something new, like Zephyr's new 2 or new effect of Mirage's 2.

Man, we're adults, if you don't like my suggestion just downvote it. But I know I'm right - Vauban needs complete rework of his abilities and stats.