The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 Reasons Why Nyx Powers Should Be Purple Instead Of Green

MetaMortred

I strongly recommend changing the color from green to Purple. Here are my 5 reasons:

1. Nyx means night in Latin Greek, dark Purple gives out the darkness vibe more than green. Purple will actually fit the name.

2. Green is usually the color of life - and toxicity. Never seen it used on Psychic Sources before. I suggest saving Green for Ivy: https://forums.warfr...based-warframe/

3. Purple has always been the color of Mystic and psychic powers.

4. Mind Control is the power that involve manipulation of emotion. Emotion as we know is Purple. In any arcane lore, the color of mind manipulation and love potions is Purple. Fitting the power character entirely.

5. In Psychology Purple is associated with mental disorders. Need I say more? oh . . . ok! Chaos? disorder? does it make sense now?

Also Nyx is female, the color purple looks gorgeous on her. and who doesnt want to see the color purple on the battlefield? it will liven things up a lottongue.gif

Edited by TheNexusCloud

You know a lot of stuff about the color purple.

Well . . . I have been known for my rather mild level of insanity. Used to play a lot as a Malkavian* back in my Pen and Paper days :D

* Malkavian - a vampire clan from Vampire the Masquerade series. That are known for their very high degree of insanity. and actually their powers in a game called VtM: bloodlines is Purple :D

Plugging your warframe and then using it as a reason for them to not use the color green just for the fact it would fit better for yours. It's not like they are going to add your warframe, making that point invalid.

Purple can mean a lot of things, so can green.

Plugging your warframe and then using it as a reason for them to not use the color green just for the fact it would fit better for yours. It's not like they are going to add your warframe, making that point invalid.

Purple can mean a lot of things, so can green.

Trinity is already in the game and also uses green for her first and fourth abilities. The first abilities effect is literally identical to mind control visually.

Well . . . I have been known for my rather mild level of insanity. Used to play a lot as a Malkavian* back in my Pen and Paper days :D

* Malkavian - a vampire clan from Vampire the Masquerade series. That are known for their very high degree of insanity. and actually their powers in a game called VtM: bloodlines is Purple :D

You've played VtM? Instant respect.

OT: Having a different color theme would be nice for Nyx, since we've already got Trinity with the green effects that has, at least in my experience, caused some confusion.

Stop right there. It's the dead languages police.

NOX is 'night' in latin.

Thanks - fixed it.

Nyx is also the greek goddess of night, purple would definately be fitting. agreed

Yeah, that was what I had in mind at first - wikipedia is my best friend :D

You've played VtM? Instant respect.

OT: Having a different color theme would be nice for Nyx, since we've already got Trinity with the green effects that has, at least in my experience, caused some confusion.

Thanks. I think it was and still is an awesome RPG - complex with twisted politics. Loved it all the way.

Edited by TheNexusCloud

I strongly recommend changing the color from green to Purple. Here are my 5 reasons:

1. Nyx means night in Latin Greek, dark Purple gives out the darkness vibe more than green. Purple will actually fit the name.

2. Green is usually the color of life - and toxicity. Never seen it used on Psychic Sources before. I suggest saving Green for Ivy: https://forums.warfr...based-warframe/

3. Purple has always been the color of Mystic and psychic powers.

4. Mind Control is the power that involve manipulation of emotion. Emotion as we know is Purple. In any arcane lore, the color of mind manipulation and love potions is Purple. Fitting the power character entirely.

5. In Psychology Purple is associated with mental disorders. Need I say more? oh . . . ok! Chaos? disorder? does it make sense now?

Also Nyx is female, the color purple looks gorgeous on her. and who doesnt want to see the color purple on the battlefield? it will liven things up a lottongue.gif

+1

totally agree with you. I get other tennos try to attack it because they think it will give them hp...lol.. yes it needs to be changed into a different color. Trin has green already.

I was going to make this very same thread, only adding that green at the moment clashes horribly with Trinity's abilities. Makes it difficult to tell what is under the effects of Mind Control or Life Well, especially since MC'd things take no damage from your group [which makes it a near-useless group ability save for rezzing people at boss fights].

+1

You know that little option at the bottom of the color customization screen? The one that says "Energy"? The one that does pretty much nothing but change some little specks of color here and there on most frames? How about we extend that color out to our power effects as well?

+1

They may put in changable effect colours eventually anyway?

Changable color can make the powers a bit silly and out of place - powers perhaps should have their unique colors and particles that fit the frame it self, or else we will have a circus on the battlefield. Red or Orance ICE? Pink flames? see? it doest look cool on the battle field. It would look more childish and it would reduce the badass factor - also it will confuse the players.

Just last night I was wearing all red, and cast my Nyx powers, the poor guy thought i was Trinity all along and expected me to heal him. I was like dude . . . no :/