Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban: Semi-rework ideas.

Bloop

Granted what I've seen after the Repelling Bastille and Tesla changes, I thought I might as well put my two cents.

Here's my idea on how to make him both one of the crowd control masters, and a good DPS warframe, which is what he really lacks.

1: Grant tesla a 30% chance to proc electric, affected by power strength.

2: Changes:
-Concuss: Disarm enemies and rad proc them.
-Shred: Armor permanently reduced by 50%, radius increased to 10 meters base and ragdoll removed.
-Trip Laser: Removed, now spawns a turret that deals 5 damage per shot and lasts for 20 seconds, with a 100% chance to proc damage types based on elements installed on your secondary.
-Bounce: Bounce radius affected by power range, now deals a combined damage, based on 20% of each enemy hit's base health and shields.

3: Bastille: Unchanged.

4: Ultimate Shotgun: Vauban spawns a shotgun with a grenade launcher attached to it. The shotgun deals 500 base electric damage, split amongst 10 pellets, with a 35% status chance and a 30% critical chance, 1.8x critical multiplier. Each shot costs 25 energy at base.
Using alt-fire will use the grenade launcher, which will fire a single grenade at a time, that spawns a Vortex which sucks enemies within a 5 meter radius (Affected by power range). The grenades can be detonated manually by clicking on alt-fire again or letting them expire after 8 seconds, which will deal 2000 blast damage in the vortex's radius, with a 45% critical chance, 1.6x critical multiplier and a 5% status chance. Firing this mode will cost 50 energy at base.
This shotgun is moddable just like a regular exalted ability.

Edited by Naagore

Sorry to be a little harsh here:

1. Still wouldn't make Tesla a good ability. Sure, maybe a bit more reliable for CC, but that's it.

2. The problem with this skill is that uses the quiver mechanic in the first place. It's fiddly, with little benefit. Also, why add a Turret when Tesla already sort of fulfills this function?

3. That's ok

4. While I have to admit that my first thought was that this sounded really awesome, it doesn't really change it THAT much (other than granting him an uberpowerful exalted shotgun), and makes the Vortex ability slow to cast if you wanna use it in conjunction with his actual weapons. So yeah, sounds cool, but doesn't mesh too well with his currently rather flexible gunplay synergy of Vortex. Not saying I hate it or anything, but I feel this ability would overshadow the rest of his kit a bit too much.

Edited by Azamagon