Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth AI too forgiving

(PSN)Chel-El

I first noticed this as a Rhino back when I was newish, as his passive explosive landings wouldn’t trigger any reaction whatsoever

Now that I’m doing stealth Simaris scans with Ivara, this issue is more obvious. As AI would just ignore many, many mistakes done in front of them. They simply lose stealth bonus and skip the alarms. 

Honestly haven’t played stealth games in a while. Batman Arkham games and Deus Ex come to mind. If anyone can recommend a stealth system that’d be great. 

What about a hiding mechanic so I won’t be forced to run invis frames only? 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

Hiding mechanic is pointless when the issue is in the AI and how enemies spawn in missions. Running a lot of stealth Adaro/Kappa, Sedna makes the issue really apparent.

• enemies cluster together as if they're trying to merge with each other
  • too many in one area making it unbearable to wait for them to disperse
  • pathing is extremely random, resulting in polarizing opportunities to sneak around
  • enemies spawn in unrealistic ways, i.e. running past all the enemies in spy without alerting them and when I finished getting vault C a massive group of them some how spawn in the room next to it.

In depth stealth gameplay simply isn't worth it right now.

Sure you can do some nice focus farm and instantkills but that's it.

There are a few shortcuts/airvents and other stuff that make spy missions possible without invisibility...but why would you?

A whole mission that requires stealth (like...uh rescue but the execution starts at first alert or something) would  be cheesed or create a toxic meltdown.

Edited by Helljack84