Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Music in Orbiter managed by Sound Effects, not Music Options Setting

UnkleGuido

Like I said in the title, ever since a HotFix a few Thursdays ago (just a week or 2 before the unVaulting of Rhino, et. al.), there has been Music playing intermittently in my Orbiter, despite having my Options > Sound > Music setting to 0/Off.  After some fiddling, I figured out that you had put this fast-paced percussive Music under the Sound Effects slider, NOT the Music slider, as it should be.  I dislike playing a game w/ No Sound Effects, and I also hate when my Music is fighting over WF's Music that shouldn't be playing in the first place.  Although it may not be a big deal for you, as a former DJ who likes to listen to my own Music in my downtime, this has pushed me away from WF and the wonderful community here.  And as an MR24+, I LIKE spending my free time Helping Clannies & Hanging out, giving advice, etc.  But since this Sound Effects/Music problem has popped up, it is difficult to play WF for me, tbh.

Please move the intermittent percussive Music in  the Orbiter from the Sound Effects slider to Music, where it should be in the Options menu.

Thank you 🙂

I appreciate your response.

I'm not sure how to turn my Somachord "off", but I did go into it and both Paused the music and turned the volume slider down to its lowest setting.

As a former audio engineer, I'd like to suggest that The Solution™ should be to put all Music under the Music Setting under Options so that the MANY people who listen to (other) Music whilst Playing this AMAZING Game don't have similar problems 😉  Hopefully your stop-gap solution will work until that is accomplished.

Thanks 🙂