Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exceeding Mod Capacity In Simulacrum

Lancelot185

2 minutes ago, Lancelot185 said:

What are your thoughts on being able to exceed mod limits in the simulacrum, in order to test their effectiveness before dropping x forma onto a weapon?

That would be awesome, but why stop there let me boost my mod ranks too so I can see which mods are worth the Endo.

16 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

This and being able to use weapons you dont own in the simulacrum would be an amazing QoL improvement. It would let you test builds before you go balls to the wall making them.

Until people test weapons like Veldt on release and see how awful some new items are and end up skipping out on buying them. It would be in the interest of Digital Extremes to force you to invest time and resources into gear instead of letting you see without any investment of how weak or powerful something is. Why would players apply Forma to gear if they could try it out at no cost and see it is clearly fodder? 

I believe the current system is fine. The Simulacrum is there for testing your gear against enemies you scan in the codex and scale with Mastery Rank, not something for you to try every item in the market at no cost to evaluate what is worth your time.

8 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

This and being able to use weapons you dont own in the simulacrum would be an amazing QoL improvement. It would let you test builds before you go balls to the wall making them

Here's to hoping!

8 minutes ago, Selpar said:

That would be awesome, but why stop there let me boost my mod ranks too so I can see which mods are worth the Endo.

For the most part, I'd expect this to go unused. The majority of people looking to put 5+ forma onto a weapon would already have all of the useful mods maxed (which makes sense as they wouldn't need 5+ if they didn't), but I can see some use when they add new primed mods or something, and you just wanna take them for a quick spin before dumping 15 anasa's worth of endo in it. At they very least I guess it can't hurt!

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

Until people test weapons like Veldt on release and see how awful some new items are and end up skipping out on buying them. It would be in the interest of Digital Extremes to force you to invest time and resources into gear instead of letting you see without any investment of how weak or powerful something is. Why would players apply Forma to gear if they could try it out at no cost and see it is clearly fodder? 

I believe the current system is fine. The Simulacrum is there for testing your gear against enemies you scan in the codex and scale with Mastery Rank, not something for you to try every item in the market at no cost to evaluate what is worth your time.

i personally would use it to expiriment with different builds. ive put god knows how many forma into weapons and frames only to have to change the build because it flopped or wasnt as i expected it to be.

But i do see your point

Just now, Voltage said:

It's pretty easy to judge from base stats whether or not something's gunna be mr fodder, or have a legitimate use for endgame, and I don't think DE expects to fool anyone by releasing a completely average weapon that people then mod and forma to the max thinking it'll be insane. The purpose of this would simply be to see just how far an already good weapon, with good base stats, can be pushed.

1 minute ago, Lancelot185 said:

It's pretty easy to judge from base stats whether or not something's gunna be mr fodder, or have a legitimate use for endgame, and I don't think DE expects to fool anyone by releasing a completely average weapon that people then mod and forma to the max thinking it'll be insane. The purpose of this would simply be to see just how far an already good weapon, with good base stats, can be pushed.

The Grinlok has pretty average stats, but with a Riven Mod and time investment, I can 1-2 shot 155 Corrupt Heavy Gunners with Slash procs. Many weapons look amazing on paper (Soma Prime), but others are pretty average on the stats page and end up becoming a monster with investment.

If you seek to push weapons further, apply Forma, grind Affinity, and hop into the Simulacrum. You can apply 5 Forma to a Warframe in 15 minutes if you are fast, and 8 to a weapon in under an hour.

The purpose of this game is grinding, and investing resources into gear to test them is a standard. I don't believe it would be in the interest of the developers to allow you to test fully modded gear without investing any time or resources into said item(s).

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The Grinlok has pretty average stats, but with a Riven Mod and time investment, I can 1-2 shot 155 Corrupt Heavy Gunners with Slash procs. Many weapons look amazing on paper (Soma Prime), but others are pretty average on the stats page and end up becoming a monster with investment.

If you seek to push weapons further, apply Forma, grind Affinity, and hop into the Simulacrum. You can apply 5 Forma to a Warframe in 15 minutes if you are fast, and 8 to a weapon in under an hour.

The purpose of this game is grinding, and investing resources into gear to test them is a standard. I don't believe it would be in the interest of the developers to allow you to test fully modded gear without investing any time or resources into said item(s).

Where are you leveling your warframes that you hit max rank in less than 3 minutes?

45 minutes ago, Selpar said:

Where are you leveling your warframes that you hit max rank in less than 3 minutes?

Stealth Affinity farming on Adaro, Sedna. You can do weapons this way as well, but I used the example of 40 minutes on weapons for someone who does Elite Onslaught for 2 rounds and restarts. Both of my metrics are for players running using an Affinity booster.

23 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Stealth Affinity farming on Adaro, Sedna. You can do weapons this way as well, but I used the example of 40 minutes on weapons for someone who does Elite Onslaught for 2 rounds and restarts. Both of my metrics are for players running using an Affinity booster.

Oh, booster gotcha. I was gonna say that is some insanely fast leveling. I normally max my stuff on lunar defense because there are always new players wanting help clearing wave 15 for that junction.