Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unairu's Magnetic Blast causing self damage

MatNova

This seems like a relatively new issue where the Magnetic Blast for Unairu can cause self damage to the owner AND other players through the bullet attractor it creates.

Reproduction

1. Enable the Magnetic Blast tree for Unairu
  2. Void Blast an enemy to proc the bullet attractor effect on them
  3. Step inside of the bullet attractor and move towards the center of it
  4. Shoot your weapon so that it is being fired through the bullet attractor (at the ground, at the enemy, off into the endless void, etc)

I don't believe there's really anything else to it. Just following those steps has allowed me to kill myself with it several times (in-game and in the Simulacrum) using hitscan weapons that would otherwise never hurt me.

I also tested using Mag's Magnetize ability and the bullet attractor effect that is created through amps, but neither appeared to have this issue.

UPDATE:
Other players can also kill themselves in your own magnetic bubbles, so this isn't just limited to yourself.

Edited by MatNova
Added more info

• 1 month later...
On 2018-08-11 at 11:21 AM, MatNova said:

This seems like a relatively new issue where the Magnetic Blast for Unairu can cause self damage through the bullet attractor it creates.

Reproduction

1. Enable the Magnetic Blast tree for Unairu
  2. Void Blast an enemy to proc the bullet attractor effect on them
  3. Step inside of the bullet attractor and move towards the center of it
  4. Shoot your weapon so that it is being fired through the bullet attractor (at the ground, at the enemy, off into the endless void, etc)

I don't believe there's really anything else to it. Just following those steps has allowed me to kill myself with it several times (in-game and in the Simulacrum) using hitscan weapons that would otherwise never hurt me.

I also tested using Mag's Magnetize ability and the bullet attractor effect that is created through amps, but neither appeared to have this issue.

UPDATE:
Other players can also kill themselves in your own magnetic bubbles, so this isn't just limited to yourself.

Can confirm from being with MatNova in missions the bullet attractor from Unairu do cause self damage. I have also killed myself when shooting when his bullet attractors are in the way of my shots. Very frustrating and a nuisance to other players. This needs to be resolved.