Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Might As Well Get Rid Of One Virginity (Massive Wall-Of-Text Alert)

LeoAtKnight

I've been stalking the forums for a while now, and after putting in 25 hours into Warframe I might as well say hi to the rest of you.

So HI! :D

Since this IS an introduction, I'll tell you a bit about myself.. Or just tell a story =)

First, I am a huge MMO gamer. :O Big shock, right? Yeah I've been playing MMOs for a good 5 years now. Started with World of Warcraft, but I didn't get into the genre until I played Phantasy Star Universe. Since I was still new to the grinding thing I got bored. I was young afterall, I wanted something less time consuming (ironic, since I had all the time in the world then), and moved on to some games by Aeria Games and Nexon. I quickly found that grind was basically the design for MMOs, and I adapted and began to enjoy the grind.

Despite playing some horrid games by those two companies I always went back to PSU every couple of months, that is until I discovered the magic of Monster Hunter Tri. All. Time. Favorite. Game. I saved all my allowance and bought a PSP a few months later as well as MH:Freedom Unite (my little bro got it as well) and my life was pretty much gone for the next few months.

When Tera was going through its CB phases I decided to build a new rig to play. Here I thought, "Open world Monster Hunter HECK YEAH! And with little sexy furry dudes (uh yeah that's another story)!", though really if compared to MH its pretty much dumbed down. So I cancelled that, and continued playing Dragon Nest (those animations are stylish-sexy), Monster Hunter, and Phantasy Star Portable 2.

When PSO2 JP went to OB I was ecstatic. Watching all these videos after hearing mutterings on PSU I finally got to touch it with my eyes and fingers and it felt good, but you know, it being japanese kind of turned it into more of a grind than it should be.

^ Heh, useless story there, right? Alright let me get to the part where I find Warframe.

A friend told me.

Heh, jk. Well, not really.

I decided to stay up late with a guild mate and he found this game somewhere. We both grabbed a key, downloaded in about an hour and began playing. The game felt like such a mystery with the lack of a complete tutorial, but I guess that's what kept me here for so long. We had fun for a while, though eventually we stopped getting on. After a couple weeks I decided to give the game another go, and to my shock suddenly we had wall-running! Yeah, I had to try this.. I REALLY had to try this, wait, how the FCK do you wall-run? I started trying combinations and tyring to figure it out then BAM I was running up a wall.

Weeeheee! Going down a zipline while shooting (inaccurately) with my Lek! This is AWESOME!

^ Yeah I was really that childish.

Because of this I knew that Warframe was a game to watch, but why just watch? I decided to buy a nifty little founders pack as well. I figured, while $100 individually may be small, I knew there were others out there donating, and even if it IS small it DOES help. And got me loads of plat so now I own Rhino (Though I haven't used him due to Excal Prime '>.>) and quite a few warframe/weapon slots. Also supercharged a few favorite weapons that I probably shouldn't have, but I planned on wiping my account on release anyways so I'm not too concerned about what I spend my plat on.

Oh, and that design council thing looked like a nice little perk.. Though I can't seem to find it.. =/

Thought at first the forums was the "design council", since last time I had played (before I purchased founders) I couldn't get to the forums, since the link was all "Hey, I'ma send you to founders page.", but since I see all these people without founders... Idk! D:

Umm.. Well that's the end of my story!

Thank god, right? I've got a knack for talking waaay too much.

Wait, what about my actual personality? That's a secret :3

I will tell you this though, I rage quite a bit, and very easily. I try to keep it under lock and key but it never goes quite well when someone asks "What's wrong?" :x

And umm.. That's it! Thanks to everyone who decided to read this massive wall of text,

and to those that skipped right to the end.........

ò_ó

Edit:: Noticing it doesn't show my founders status under my avatar.. Huh..

Wonder what's going on there? :x I def got the bank statement and email showing I bought it though! :D

Edited by ProfessorSnow

Welcome to the community, Tenno.

Yeah I've been playing Tera since Closed Beta 1 myself...followed the game for about a year before that. Great game, but a lot of the changes EME has made to it, kinda turned me away from the game along with the community. Let's just say the community here is far better...at least from my perspective.

Welcome, Professor Snow!

If I may ask, did you play Dnest on West or East ??

I played on west as a cleric; but that was about a year ago.

I capped before they released Sea Dragon, haven't touched it since D:

tbh I skimmed through your introduction and I may or may not read everything later.. hehhhhhhh.

If you ever want to run some missions together, I'd be down almost-anytime! I'll add you to contacts.

Note: If you're the type to rush/run to the end, we may have some problems as I enjoy clearing out entire maps (unless it's an assassination run on a planet where I don't need materials/resources)

Cheers!

Oh man I completely forgot about my introduction post here! :x

I've just been getting on to check the alerts and wating for enemy radar.. Which I still keep missing.. =/

Anywho,

Welcome, Professor Snow!

If I may ask, did you play Dnest on West or East ??

I played on west as a cleric; but that was about a year ago.

I capped before they released Sea Dragon, haven't touched it since D:

tbh I skimmed through your introduction and I may or may not read everything later.. hehhhhhhh.

If you ever want to run some missions together, I'd be down almost-anytime! I'll add you to contacts.

Note: If you're the type to rush/run to the end, we may have some problems as I enjoy clearing out entire maps (unless it's an assassination run on a planet where I don't need materials/resources)

Cheers!

I played on West because of my guild. I'm an easterner though (So you may hear me call myself the "Beast of the East" sometimes). Played Merc myself, and because of my guild I had dropped DN for a while but went back to it almost recently to reach the new cap.

And no, I'm not the one to rush to the end unless I'm farming exp for a new frame, and even then I keep an eye out for storage containers. I generally solo though, and I have a ton of games to catch up on so you might only see me during alerts. :3

Oh man I completely forgot about my introduction post here! :x

I've just been getting on to check the alerts and wating for enemy radar.. Which I still keep missing.. =/

Anywho,

I played on West because of my guild. I'm an easterner though (So you may hear me call myself the "Beast of the East" sometimes). Played Merc myself, and because of my guild I had dropped DN for a while but went back to it almost recently to reach the new cap.

And no, I'm not the one to rush to the end unless I'm farming exp for a new frame, and even then I keep an eye out for storage containers. I generally solo though, and I have a ton of games to catch up on so you might only see me during alerts. :3

I see! I'm an easterner myself, only joined west because of a friend who lives on west. We weren't in a well-known guild, and I don't even remember the name of it, so you probably wouldn't know me (my in-game name was chobosauce) I had dragon egg giveaways every now and then.

If you ever feel like not-solo'ing, let me know! I've got a good internet connection and we're both on east so hopefully it won't be laggy!