The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razer Ouroboros Vs. Cyborg R.a.t. 7

Lucilius

Question

This thread is meant for Warframe players that actually use or used either one (or both) these mice.

These two things have one thing in common: You can adjust them.

Two things actually: The same price.

But only one boasts "awards".

What is so great about the mouse you are using, whichever it may be between the two?

Again, this thread is meant for Warframe players that actually use or used either one (or both) these mice.

So if you do not use either of these, no need to reply.

Edited by Lucilius

11 answers to this question

Personally, i have given my life to Razer.

Im not saying that Cyborgs are bad (still got backup 1 in closet)

I just prefer Razer over any other peripheral brands.

Same with MSI, Invidia, AMD.

These are my brands. 

Edit:(Had OURO, switched back to Naga. Its just up to personal feel.)

Edited by PiotrGracz

I've had both mice for awhile and after using them extensively, I finally came to the conclusion that rat 7 is better.

I mean, sure the ouroboros is ambidextrous and wireless, but the rat 7 's customization is one of the best. Adjusting weights is one thing, but having 3 parts for a pinkie rest is insane. The grip is much better with the rat 7 and with the ouroboros, I've noticed some delay while browsing around with it.

So If you were to pick between the two, I'd suggest the rat 7.

I had a Logitech G9 for 4 years... my friends gifted me a RAT7, i used it for 6 months... went back to my G9, never looking back.

It's not fluid nor accurate, sometimes it stopped working for few millisecs (really annoying on BF3) and other stuff like this...

One of this friend also bought it and, like me, changed it after a few months too... (for a Razer but i dont remember if it was the Ouroboros or the Naga... but i'm sure he's still using that mice)

Sorry but i can only give 2 back feedbacks about RAT7's performances.

Now i'm taking a look at the new Logitech G602

Edited by Phoenix86

Also, keep in mind that there is a R.A.T. 9 mouse, which is essentially the RAT 7, but wireless.

While Razer makes exceptional mice, the RAT 7 has both a finger rest on the left and right sides of the mouse, so if you don't need to use your thumb you can rest that, and your pinky/ring finger can always be perpetually at rest on the right side.

Also the RAT 7's cord has a woven fabric sheath which makes it quite flexible as well as sturdy. 

I'm a Razer guy, but I'm using a Cyborg M.M.O.7 mouse cause I wanted to try something new.

Now, I know the R.A.T.7 is not the same as M.M.O.7, but they use the same design, using the same adjustment options.

While I am a fan of Razer, I do not regret buying a Cyborg mouse. The adjustments are easy to make, making the mouse feel comfortable in my hand. I haven't tried the Ouroboros so I can't do a comparison, but since I use other Razer products I can say this: Razer has better customization software than Cyborg. I actually had to find a 2nd software to start my macro profile on startup rather than acitvating it myself every time :/ so it's a bit more difficult to configure (I haven't checked for new software for a long time, so it's possible they've fixed this).

Don't know how much this helps.. but if you have more specific questions let me know

I suggest you once again to try Logitech ;)

Do not understimate that company, it makes awesome stuff

I think I am moving from the Logitech M950 to the Logitech MX 1100 just because the Logitech MX 1100 is said to be bigger.

I found that the LEXMA Deluxe Laser Mouse model AM546(MW5) is bigger than the M950.

The MX 1100 is even more difficult to find here than the M950 however.

I'm a Razer guy, but I'm using a Cyborg M.M.O.7 mouse cause I wanted to try something new.

Now, I know the R.A.T.7 is not the same as M.M.O.7, but they use the same design, using the same adjustment options.

While I am a fan of Razer, I do not regret buying a Cyborg mouse. The adjustments are easy to make, making the mouse feel comfortable in my hand. I haven't tried the Ouroboros so I can't do a comparison, but since I use other Razer products I can say this: Razer has better customization software than Cyborg. I actually had to find a 2nd software to start my macro profile on startup rather than acitvating it myself every time :/ so it's a bit more difficult to configure (I haven't checked for new software for a long time, so it's possible they've fixed this).

Don't know how much this helps.. but if you have more specific questions let me know

Any relevant reply helps. 

Edited by Lucilius