Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] The Sydao Gunblade (Feedback Wanted And Welcome)

Dimcreaper

A Warframe weapon idea I've been playing with. The image should speak for itself, if not please ask me all the questions you want.

gdM6VS8.jpg

All art is by me, I did all of the work in Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (an archaic model but EH! it works for hat I need.)

Edited by Dimcreaper
  • Like 1

It should simply come with a different stance in another polarity, more suited to longer-range gunblading than High Noon's up close and personal style.

I do like the design, though. Statwise... no damage falloff and faster attack speed, but less damaging per charge attack due to not having pellets. What element would the shot damage be, though? Slash? Puncture? I'd go for cold, if it were elemental. Cold base is so rare.

Cold base is probably rare because it's not a very good base, and people are going to put in custom elements anyway.

Actually, it's quite useful. In Viral, it synergizes extremely well with high status chance, and if not, Corrosive as the modded element will allow for immediate Corrosive+Cold, the most balanced pair for voids. That said, in hindsight, it would mostly only be useful on a status-heavy weapon to negate the possibility of IPS procs (i.e., Ninkondi-type situation) and wouldn't function as well on a critweapon, so the most sensible damage type for a gunshot of this sort would probably be Slash or Puncture.

Actually, it's quite useful. In Viral, it synergizes extremely well with high status chance, and if not, Corrosive as the modded element will allow for immediate Corrosive+Cold, the most balanced pair for voids. That said, in hindsight, it would mostly only be useful on a status-heavy weapon to negate the possibility of IPS procs (i.e., Ninkondi-type situation) and wouldn't function as well on a critweapon, so the most sensible damage type for a gunshot of this sort would probably be Slash or Puncture.

It's good for those two, yes, but with elemental modding, those can both be just as easily achieved with electrical, and it means that you don't have to have magnetic if you try to add electrical damage. Let's be honest, magnetic sucks.

It's why new status weapons have been defaulting to electrical damage only. Whether it's Radiation, Corrosive, or just plain Electricity, it's good.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter -that- much when talking about quad-combos, (Like Radiation Viral, Blast Corrosive) but it matters in the tri-combos (Such as corrosive fire, electrical gas, radiation cold) and I think that in general players aren't fond of plain cold as an element. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Edited by Rehtael7

It should simply come with a different stance in another polarity, more suited to longer-range gunblading than High Noon's up close and personal style.

I do like the design, though. Statwise... no damage falloff and faster attack speed, but less damaging per charge attack due to not having pellets. What element would the shot damage be, though? Slash? Puncture? I'd go for cold, if it were elemental. Cold base is so rare.

I actually stated what the base damage type would be in the last peice of text on the page. I was thinking it would be a slash based crit weapon. Those stats suit its visual the best in my opinion but I'm sure there are better combinations you could do in the long run.

Edited by Dimcreaper

Great visual design.

A new weapon type? No. Let's not. We have enough as is, I'd rather just get MORE weapons and MORE stances for existing types than another new type.

Actually...yeah I agree. Hadn't crossed my mind at the time you could do that. Derp. I think giving the plauers access to highnoon and the long range stance would make for some great contrast in build types.

I actually stated what the base damage type would be in the last peice of text on the page. I was thinking it would be a slash based crit weapon. Those stats suit its visual the best in my opinion but I'm sure there are better combinations you could do in the long run.

I know the base damage type of the blade was stated - but remember, Redeemer's shot does blast instead of slash on the charge attack. So I figured they might be different for a weapon like this.

Actually it would be really nice if this fired either a physical type or another combination element. The best part about combination elements is that they allow for sextuple element combinations, like explosive, radiation, viral, or magnetic, explosive, corrosive.

Come to think of it, this weapon reminds me of the sybaris. If it had similar properties that would be great. (You know, as a melee weapon. F*** having a 10-shot magazine, 2-round burst, lever-action rifle. Sorry quietshy, but your taste in guns is appalling.)

Edited by Rehtael7

I know the base damage type of the blade was stated - but remember, Redeemer's shot does blast instead of slash on the charge attack. So I figured they might be different for a weapon like this.

Oh yeah, hehe, forgot about that completely, been forever since I used it.

Actually it would be really nice if this fired either a physical type or another combination element. The best part about combination elements is that they allow for sextuple element combinations, like explosive, radiation, viral, or magnetic, explosive, corrosive.

Come to think of it, this weapon reminds me of the sybaris. If it had similar properties that would be great. (You know, as a melee weapon. F*** having a 10-shot magazine, 2-round burst, lever-action rifle. Sorry quietshy, but your taste in guns is appalling.)

It was in fact themed after the Sybaris, the name itself comes from a hybrid between Sybaris and the Chinese long sword the Dao