Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution To Connection/host Issues ?!

Sophista

TL:DR Connection/netowork/hosting is major problem to fully enjoy Warframe.
Dear DE, Dear Community. We have to do something about it.
Together.

Aside of strict NAT problem that can be resolved by portforwarding n such...

Strict Nat  <- CLICK FOR strictNAT SOLUTION.

we have
Problems:

"Session is full" error when its clearly not full.
"Session unavailable" Why?
"Host migration" and splitting group into 2 parallel sessions.
"Connection to the host lost" on best connections, ultramegawesome routers and golden jacks.
"Offline friends" when they are online.

Ridiculous situations like:

player 1 is a host.
player 1 invite player 2,3,4
player 4 cannot join.
Everyone relog.
problem still persists.
Suddenly player 2 invite player 4 to session that is hosted by player 1.
it works.

?!

Solutions:
-
-
-
-
-
How to fill these blanks?

Now, we all hear that "you're working on it, you're aware of these problems"
I'm not moaning here.
I'm simply asking- How we, players that suffer from these problems, can help you solve them?

This game has great and huge community, and i already met a lot of really smart guys n gals n here.
I believe if we all try to find a solution, we may succeed.

What we need?
Diagnose.
in order to fix the problem, you need to know whats causing it.
How we- players that have these problems can deliver you the information you need?
for example:

Problem X.

Host
Router YYY
Type of network ZZZ
Operating system MSxD

Client-1
Router AAA
Type of network AAA
Operating system MSxD

Client-2
Router BBB
Type of network BBB
Operating system MSxD

Client-3

Router CCC
Type of network BBB
Operating system MSxD

Maybe we need a tool to deliver you reports like that?
Maybe special section of the forum?
Maybe someone who has a knowledge in this manner could throw here some ideas how to diagnose problems?

All i know for sure is, these problems cause me a lot of stress instead of enjoying Warframe.
Not only i want these problem solved. i want to help.
i believe many of us do.

If you agree, Upvote for attention.
Share this with clannies.
Give your opinions, ideas, comments.

Lets fix it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyatta's Thread, touching same problem:

This HOST MIGRATION bull$#@% needs to be addressed NOW.  I've submitted a ticket, I've taken your 15 different steps to address everything from submitting my EE.log and Launcher.log to changing the settings on my own router!   THIS IS NOT A USER ISSUE! I don't know how many ways myself or others can tell you this before it gets addressed.  I have host migrated out of countless missions and wasted hours of time, lost thousands in components/resources, mods and credits.   This issue should be in the forefront of your newest latest and greatest updates.  NOT in retiring health packs and weapons or encrypting your loot tables.

So, here I am, the Key carrier, the new orokin mod holder... and WHO GETS HOST MIGRATED TO THE MULTIPLAYER MENU??   Losing EVERYTHING in the process... the time, the money, the mod, the resources..

Seriously!?  

I have quit games for wasting my time .. well.. guess what this is doing?

This needs to be fixed now! Not tomorrow, not next year or at "launch" but NOW!

Warframe0031_zps283bbeff.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xanathos86 thread. 

I don't know how many of us on the forums are experiencing this issue lately, but matchmaking is becoming really frustrating.

A lot of random players I meet in chat have the same exact problem: when one tries to join a lobby, after 10 - 15 seconds of waiting, suddenly the "session unavailable" message pops up.

The peculiar thing is that during those seconds the team chat tab becomes active and the nicknames of those already in the lobby are there (inculding the ones having the issue), so apparently the connection IS made with the host.

If that wasn't enough, when this happens the lobby becomes "corrupted": even if one or more players got the "session unavailable" message and aren't in that session, game servers still count them in and give a "session full" message to anyone else trying to join afterwards.

I find this bug game breaking, not only because impacts on the very nature of an online coop game, but also because it isn't limited to a few people. This needs to be fixed asap

(just to be clear, I have ping limit set to infinite, UDP ports open and upnp disabled so I highly doubt it's a matter of settings)

Edited by PiotrGracz

+1

While I am not afraid of grinding or the cruel RNG Goddess, after performing all suggested fixes I am disconnected from at least 50% of the public matches I try to join, and in my (admitedly short) friends list I can only regularly connect to one player's sessions, all the others can join mine if I host but I cant join theirs.

Someone linked your post to mine..  They should be combined, you have made a fabulous post I love it!! BUMP

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119738-how-about-fixing-the-host-migration-problem/page-2#entry1435691

Yes I did post it in Your thread, Needed attention;D

Glad You like it.

I edited my thread so now it contains Yours in it.

+1

While I am not afraid of grinding or the cruel RNG Goddess, after performing all suggested fixes I am disconnected from at least 50% of the public matches I try to join, and in my (admitedly short) friends list I can only regularly connect to one player's sessions, all the others can join mine if I host but I cant join theirs.

Same feelings here mate.

Exactly same ....

My stress lvls chart:

-when i run for certain item 50 times and it does not drop -Stress +10

-when i get stuck and have to redo mission or wait for others to finish- Stress +10

-Host migration crash -stress +50

-cannot invite clanmates/friends -stress +250

yea, most of my friends have the same problems, bump

Having this problem all day and every day too...

Please, share this thread with all of your friends then.

Please talk about it in your clans.

DE. tell us how to help you with this.

We are tired of these errors.

Edited by PiotrGracz

DE is already losing customers as it is. Eventually there will be no one left to collect data from because they choose to ignore a vital problem such as matchmaking. It's been proven in other games in the past that matchmaking is a horrible system, not sure why we are still using them today honestly. Money is an issue? Then wait until you have the funds. I don't take cookies out of the oven half-baked and expect people to eat them. 

DE is already losing customers as it is. Eventually there will be no one left to collect data from because they choose to ignore a vital problem such as matchmaking. It's been proven in other games in the past that matchmaking is a horrible system, not sure why we are still using them today honestly. Money is an issue? Then wait until you have the funds. I don't take cookies out of the oven half-baked and expect people to eat them.

hi.

I think that's why we, beta-cookie testers

should help De bake it well out of beta state.

Partially with matchmaking being sour ingredient.

Do yo have any idea how to fix it? How to provide needed data to them? As far as I know dedicated servers are not an option anytime soon.

It's not, don't worry :)

Actually in my opinion you just set the standard to what attitude people should have in regards to issues such as this.

Youre probly right.

But on other hand, when i created thread it took 16+ hours to get "bump" reply. 48h to first comment.

but wheni sent couple PM to DE team, 

and  searched for connection issue related threads and plugged this thread in there.

viola-got attention to problem. :)

Youre probly right.

But on other hand, when i created thread it took 16+ hours to get "bump" reply. 48h to first comment.

but wheni sent couple PM to DE team, 

and  searched for connection issue related threads and plugged this thread in there.

viola-got attention to problem. :)

Where did you posted this thread, originally?

I'm also available for logs or tests. I get those weird errors with an alarming frequency.

Awesome, Stay tuned :)

Where did you posted this thread, originally?

Touche :)

Gotta check twice next time.

Edited by PiotrGracz

Awesome, Stay tuned :)

Touche :)

Gotta check twice next time.

Hehe, yeah. Devs and staff really don't check GD. I think not even Steve checks GD. Only community mods and community staff such as Rebecca, Megan and Jaywalker. Which is why moving threads is actually more of a helpfull action for the OP than a cleaning action for GD.

Because let's be honest. GD is too chaotic. And cleaning it is like trying to make an ice cube stay dry. 

Hehe, yeah. Devs and staff really don't check GD. I think not even Steve checks GD. Only community mods and community staff such as Rebecca, Megan and Jaywalker. Which is why moving threads is actually more of a helpfull action for the OP than a cleaning action for GD.

Because let's be honest. GD is too chaotic. And cleaning it is like trying to make an ice cube stay dry. 

That explains a lot.

i guess i owe Tulzscha thanks for moving this thread then;D

I'd like to put in my two cents now!

I love Warframe and it has given me over 285 hours of fun.  In those countless (technically I just counted them, i know) hours I've had my share of disconnects, migrates (and migraines) and other various connection issues.  Oh and falling through the floors was fun too.

My main issue is not that I can't play with my friends, but the fact that I can't connect to THEM.  They connect to me just fine, which ends up using all MY keys, and not theirs, and they can't run Void III missions alone >.<

I host and the connections are stable and fine, we rarely migrate or have any issues, but when I try to connect to him we get "Session Unavailable" messages even though in the contact window I see a "Joined Session" message before the spinny wheel shows for a minute solid before giving up.

At first we thought it was his crappy city-based wireless connect, but they've recently got THEIR act together, and his speeds are quite good for what kind of service he actually gets.  

Hell, we've even tried using LogMeIn Hamachi!  Funny thing is, when we use it he has a WORSE connection to me than before and I still cannot connect to him, he must join me.  Seeing enemies bounce around on his screen while everything is normal for me.  It's a little outrageous.  Truly Truly outrageous. 

All our settings are configured quite nominally, and I've even tried bumping my max ping to infinity as well, no luck.

DE - I'm not super butthurt about it, but my jimmies are rustled.  Please, heed our cries and make this a priority!

I too have this problem. I cannot accept invites from, or join onto the session of about half my clan members. None have any problems accepting invites from me. This is a problem since I am unable to join these clan members when they want to use their void tower keys. The errors I see are a mixture of 'session is full' and 'session unavailable'.

DE: please feel to contact me if I can help with troubleshooting. Thank you. 

I can't invite or join anyone in my clan because apparently no-one is online, even though I am chatting with them on Clan Chat channel.

And oh, yeah, the Strict NAT emerged a couple of patches ago that prevents me to play multiplayer. SO much for participating in this event...

Really hurts a dedicated player such as me, with over 1000 hours of gameplay clocked in, and with having been participating in all previous events...

I can't invite or join anyone in my clan because apparently no-one is online, even though I am chatting with them on Clan Chat channel.

And oh, yeah, the Strict NAT emerged a couple of patches ago that prevents me to play multiplayer. SO much for participating in this event...

Really hurts a dedicated player such as me, with over 1000 hours of gameplay clocked in, and with having been participating in all previous events...

Have you tried fixing Strict Nat problem? [click link]

I'll give it a go tomorrow when I wake up tomorrow morning. It is 2 o'clock in the morning, I have spent all night staring at these settings screens instead of playing and I am really tired, angry and frustrated right now.

But I guess that when I wake up the whole event is over. But screw it, can't be bothered tonight.

Will let you know if I find a solution of some sort.

UPDATE:

After hours of endless frustration: I decided "Screw it, let's kill uPnP from the router AND the game and forward UDP ports 3960 and 3962 manually" (80 and 443 could not be forwarded).

End result: The issue got resolved.

It seems that uPnP functionality is often flaky at best, and if things work without it, it is best to leave it out.

I also read it can also pose a security threat from somewhere, can't remember exactly where I saw it because I wade trough hundreds of websites and articles daily. So don't just take my word about it, find out if you are worried about uPnP.

TL;DR:

SOLUTION: Disable uPnP on the router and in the game, forward ports 3960 and 3962 manually.

Edited by SoanoS