Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution To Connection/host Issues ?!

Sophista

Really how not to flame about such issue? For me and my friends co-op is very important... Only Warframe cant be played co-op... cause of those, so much mentioned problems...

I can install games, play them, and remove them... everything else is a threat to my pc ;)... i cant just experiment with settings...

So why is the fix not the top priority? Now they start an ingame event... instead of fixing a basic problem...?

We are out...

I wish this issue would resolve. It's really annoying. I play with my friends, and they cant join to me, I cant join to them, makes me want to play something else.

DE, PLEASE get to the bottom of this. events and shiny stuff can wait, this should be priority #1.

actually, if you had dedicated servers, that would probably alleviate half of these problems.

@IaijutsuRonin Its difficult to fix, because almost every single PC/Network config is different.

Show me another online game where "matchmaking" doesnt work that hard... as i said this should be an absolute basic for an online "co-op" game... for now its more frustration than fun... when we meet rl its always "we could this and that... but we cant connect... ok lets play lost planet 2 split screen..."

@IaijutsuRonin Its difficult to fix, because almost every single PC/Network config is different.

Show me another online game where "matchmaking" doesnt work that hard... as i said this should be an absolute basic for an online "co-op" game... for now its more frustration than fun... when we meet rl its always "we could this and that... but we cant connect... ok lets play lost planet 2 split screen..."

This game does not play on dedicated servers.

Its Peer2Peer. One of 4 players is a Host. 3 other players are clients.

Thats difficult here you see.

i know you would like servers like EA or Ubisoft have. Then its easy eh?

As it is now, Devs cant "that easy" make you good host as by deploying hotfix.

That said, if you want to compare matchmaking here and in other games, please stick with peer2peer games.

Edited by PiotrGracz

"Session Unavailable"

I can invite Friends/Clanmates, but get "Session Unavailable" when ever I attempt to join their session or accept an invite.

Network Analyzer always comes back with Nominal.

This only started a few days ago, before then everything was working fine. Then I suddenly was no longer able to join sessions or accept invites from specific people. Then more and more people, until I couldn't join anyone I know.

Currently I always have to create the group, or have them join my session.

bump. this issue has existed the ENTIRE way back into closed beta. Honestly DE, i think you NEED to reexamine your entire lobby system. When i can randomly not be able to invite my clan mates to play with me, that is game breaking.  FIX matchmaking.

And for the record, im quite networking savvy, so ill cut out some time and tell you this now.

My ports ARE forwarded manually, WITH exceptions in my router/basic firewalls, ASWELL as having UPnP Disabled ingame.

There should be no reason in the world why people should be unable to join my session.

Edited by Arcaender

Yes, bumps appreciated, this needs to be orchestrated and coordinated carefully to get the most crucial solving piece of the puzzle: EE.logs.

The issues are clear and seriously affect the multiplayer experience. You have laid out common problems - we will coordinate and reproduce them together, save our .log files, and get clear and succinct information to the right hands.

I have discussed this with community mods, creating a coordinated repro + strike team. I will reach out to players that I know have experienced one of these problems to coordinate further / gauge interest.

I'm imagining our first strike-group will be around 8 people communicating via TeamSpeak, Skype, etc, to coordinate our repro-attempts at these matchmaking issues, with protocols on EE.log saving + repro steps.

Operation: EE.log + Repro hunt begins soon!

Yes, bumps appreciated, this needs to be orchestrated and coordinated carefully to get the most crucial solving piece of the puzzle: EE.logs.

The issues are clear and seriously affect the multiplayer experience. You have laid out common problems - we will coordinate and reproduce them together, save our .log files, and get clear and succinct information to the right hands.

I have discussed this with community mods, creating a coordinated repro + strike team. I will reach out to players that I know have experienced one of these problems to coordinate further / gauge interest.

I'm imagining our first strike-group will be around 8 people communicating via TeamSpeak, Skype, etc, to coordinate our repro-attempts at these matchmaking issues, with protocols on EE.log saving + repro steps.

Operation: EE.log + Repro hunt begins soon!

Awesome! thanks!

Good to see thread bringing effect.

Im waiting for more information on how could we help/contribute.

Agreed. Id love to see an issue thats been around almost since day one finally be resolved. Until then i cant use any of my void keys since i cant seem to host for my clan.  Id love to be able to enjoy the game in its fullest! You go Rebecca, keep us up to date!

The only real solution is to host yourself, unfortunately.

The folks at Digital Extremes are busy, and while I'd love to tell them to fix their game, they're busy working to spoil the living hell out of me by throwing more content and stuff my way.

The only real solution is to host yourself, unfortunately.

The folks at Digital Extremes are busy, and while I'd love to tell them to fix their game, they're busy working to spoil the living hell out of me by throwing more content and stuff my way.

Unfortunatley this is a problem shared by many not just the members of our clan, being able to play with friends is critical to a games success. If the PS4 version is released with similar problems it will simply be removed form the marketplace as Warframe currently only has a temporary space in the market until they can prove their game is stable enough for full release. I do agree that they have a lot on their hands and it is highly probable that this issue will be fixed in upcoming updates, but its a problem that can't be avoided or overlooked.Solutions need to be found and released to the players as these problems can lead to players feeling burnt out in the game very quickly, especially on console where players are a lot more unforgiving and will give it flak from every direction.    

Even recently me and Piotr were discussing this issue and another player joined our session the first thing that was mentioned was the connectivity problems. 

Edited by JustTotallyEpic

I can confirm this issue with the following details:

1. It's always the fourth player who can't join. Players 2 and 3 have no problems. This was a reproducable result on every occurence.

2. Analyze Network feature in the game's options menu reads "All systems normal" after every occurence.

3. Results from speedtest.net read normal speeds and MS latency (30ms, 22mbps down, 10mbps up)

4. Using minimal background processes - Geforce Experience, Microsoft Security Essentials, Adobe and Skype to be specific.

5. I am not using the Steam client to play the game. Client was downloaded and installed from Warframe.com.

6. 64-bit mode, Bulk Download, Aggressive Download checkmarked in launcher options.

7. OS is Winodws 7 Home Premium 64-bit, service pack 1 (Double checked for windows updates today just to be sure).

8. uPnP is enabled.

9. I have hosted full squads before without resetting the modem, router, or changing any settings in either of them. This bug seems to happen at some point after playing a few matches. Fully exitting the game does seem to usually make a difference, though I can't confirm it.

Session unavailable between two friends separately on both ends, can't even join the clan dojo together without the game freezing up.
All the same ports are opened and this is the only game this happens in so its just gut wrenching when this happens! Can't even play with the only friends still interested in playing the game.
Hope its resolved very soon.

Well as of this update (10.7.1), a good few of my friends are unable to connect to games that we used to have no problem with. It's a give-take here with regards to connecting and playing with my group of friends. While it would be great to have more than four players in a squad (My usual group would be five. It's common that one of my friends needs to sit out for runs and do other things while we play.) the ability to play with all of my friends even with the 4 person limit without having to go through hoops. I'll try to get the group I run with who have problems post in here and have them get the relevant help needed. Their problems range from general lag to unable to connect to me with me being able to connect to them to them not being able to see me online at all or join games I host. I only have problems with certain people myself and have the 'All systems nominal' tag in my settings. +1 to topic, hoping to get some fix to this would be wonderful, I play games to be with my friends. If any information if needed from me, I am very willing to give anything possible to aid in the mission to fix this all, I love Warframe, why I went to Master level - Connection issues are not conducive to helping the game grow, even if it is the purported 7%.

Edited by Cogspinner

Im part of the group mentioned by Cogspinner i use to be able to connect to them then after a few updates im now no longer able to and now just recently i can no longer connect to another friend. they seem to be able to connect to me okay but when i try to join them it just loads for a while then says session unavailable and when i look in the lower left corner of the contact screen it says join completed even though it failed. im not sure at all what could be causing this. iv checked my setting both in and out of warframe and all is green. like Cogpinner said im willing to help with this in anyway i can.

Well as of this update, a good few of my friends are unable to connect to games that we used to have no problem with. It's a give-take here with regards to connecting and playing with my group of friends. While it would be great to have more than four players in a squad (My usual group would be five. It's common that one of my friends needs to sit out for runs and do other things while we play.) the ability to play with all of my friends even with the 4 person limit without having to go through hoops. I'll try to get the group I run with who have problems post in here and have them get the relevant help needed. Their problems range from general lag to unable to connect to me with me being able to connect to them to them not being able to see me online at all or join games I host. I only have problems with certain people myself and have the 'All systems nominal' tag in my settings. +1 to topic, hoping to get some fix to this would be wonderful, I play games to be with my friends. If any information if needed from me, I am very willing to give anything possible to aid in the mission to fix this all, I love Warframe, why I went to Master level - Connection issues are not conducive to helping the game grow, even if it is the purported 7%.

I play Warframe because it's something fun to do with friends. At first, I could see everyone on my list online. Including Cogspinner here. The day after I got it working the first time, Cogspinner never showed up on my online list again. Then I started using another player as a host to connect to Cogspinner. This worked for about a month or so. Just today (11/08/13) I was able to play with another friend. Just hours later, when I tried connecting with a friend for a group run on an alert, I found that they no longer appeared online. Despite being able to talk to them, and others in clan chat. The one link I had to play in a match with Cogspinner was broken.

After some tinkering, I was unable to see anyone online at all, and the region and recruiting chat no longer appeared at all.

Warframe has become a fun and regular activity for me. If I cannot play with friends I know and trust, there is no point to me playing. I'd have probably bought a founder's package if I had money at the time even. I'll help fix this in any way I know how, even if it's just answering questions and giving specs or logs.

Please fix this DE, we only want to play together.

-Xephyna

Well as of this update (10.7.1), a good few of my friends are unable to connect to games that we used to have no problem with. It's a give-take here with regards to connecting and playing with my group of friends. While it would be great to have more than four players in a squad (My usual group would be five. It's common that one of my friends needs to sit out for runs and do other things while we play.) the ability to play with all of my friends even with the 4 person limit without having to go through hoops. I'll try to get the group I run with who have problems post in here and have them get the relevant help needed. Their problems range from general lag to unable to connect to me with me being able to connect to them to them not being able to see me online at all or join games I host. I only have problems with certain people myself and have the 'All systems nominal' tag in my settings. +1 to topic, hoping to get some fix to this would be wonderful, I play games to be with my friends. If any information if needed from me, I am very willing to give anything possible to aid in the mission to fix this all, I love Warframe, why I went to Master level - Connection issues are not conducive to helping the game grow, even if it is the purported 7%.

Im part of the group mentioned by Cogspinner i use to be able to connect to them then after a few updates im now no longer able to and now just recently i can no longer connect to another friend. they seem to be able to connect to me okay but when i try to join them it just loads for a while then says session unavailable and when i look in the lower left corner of the contact screen it says join completed even though it failed. im not sure at all what could be causing this. iv checked my setting both in and out of warframe and all is green. like Cogpinner said im willing to help with this in anyway i can.

I play Warframe because it's something fun to do with friends. At first, I could see everyone on my list online. Including Cogspinner here. The day after I got it working the first time, Cogspinner never showed up on my online list again. Then I started using another player as a host to connect to Cogspinner. This worked for about a month or so. Just today (11/08/13) I was able to play with another friend. Just hours later, when I tried connecting with a friend for a group run on an alert, I found that they no longer appeared online. Despite being able to talk to them, and others in clan chat. The one link I had to play in a match with Cogspinner was broken.

After some tinkering, I was unable to see anyone online at all, and the region and recruiting chat no longer appeared at all.

Warframe has become a fun and regular activity for me. If I cannot play with friends I know and trust, there is no point to me playing. I'd have probably bought a founder's package if I had money at the time even. I'll help fix this in any way I know how, even if it's just answering questions and giving specs or logs.

Please fix this DE, we only want to play together.

-Xephyna

Including Ryuu202 and Xephyna, we are from the same group with Cogspinner.

For a very long time so that between at least Cogspinner, Xephyna, and myself; I need to be the main link so that we can play together. Xephyna can't see Cogspinner online, so he need to join my session with me as a host to be able to with us. If I'm gone or if something happens to my internet, those two cannot play together. Every now and then to see if we can fix this issue, Cogspinner has me check my internet, download, and upload speeds, only to find out in the end compared to Cogspinner, her speed is just a bit better than mine. We even go as far as resetting Warframe to even verifying out Cache. And though we have a bunch of friends can only fix four in a FIRETEAM (An actual Squad in Military terms consists of at least 8-13 personnel) we make due and do alot of runs together so we're all able to play together. This has been going on way before Update 10.7.1, however after Update 10.7.1 Xephyna is now unable to see me online, making it impossible for all three of us to play together. Xephyna is not the only person experiencing this problem, Ryuu202 is unable to see Cogspinner and myself online. With these issues now, it's becoming harder and harder for all of us to play together. I love Warframe, it's why I wanted to support DE by becoming a Master, I eagerly await to see the initial release this game, I even heard getting to the mastery ranks Hunter to Golden Eagle is impossible since there isn't enough content to do get there, after approximating that there needs to be at least twice the current content to get to Golden Eagle made me even more excited. But what makes Warframe fun for me is that I have a bunch of friends to play with, and all kinda goof around and have fun, Warframe is the first MMO I've been able to play for a long time and even support, but what fun will Warframe will become if I can't even play with my all my friends? I really hope we're not the only ones getting this issue and I really hope this is something that DE has been working on to fix for a while now, but I would love if this issue was solved soon. If any more information is needed, I'm way more willing to share what I can. This is why I upgraded to Master, I want to contribute in anyway possible, I love Warframe and I want to support it in any way possible.