Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution To Connection/host Issues ?!

Sophista

Firs of all, DE might have " a lot of work" now, but keep in mind that they have dedicated team(s?) for netcode..it's not like the need for new content impact the work of netcode team... Soo...yeah... no.

I too have these problems, fortunately, not as extreme as meny here but still.... being unable to join 1 mission on 5 is annoying as hell, especially for Void mission where offer is very limited.

Edited by 3xStanh

Remember to upvote the first post if you have these problems. Don't let threads with relevant problems sink. Keep them up high and at attention! Dancing with the NAT issues and all these other connection things singles out a lot of players from doing a whole lot with their teams and groups of friends.

Firs of all, DE might have " a lot of work" now, but keep in mind that they have dedicated team(s?) for netcode..it's not like the need for new content impact the work of netcode team... Soo...yeah... no.

I too have these problems, fortunately, not as extreme as meny here but still.... being unable to join 1 mission on 5 is annoying as hell, especially for Void mission where offer is very limited.

somehow i think that is an issue.

They have lot on their plates.

They are small company

Scot said on one of livestreams something like:

The people who work on trade system also work on armor2.0

conclusion? People can have multitasks in their job.

Solution? Use playerbase to help you DE.

Edited by PiotrGracz

An Update:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130600-update-1080/

This includes:

Fixed Mission session slot permanently being eaten by client who fails to properly connect or is rejected by host.

Progress continues!

Awesome. One step closer to getting all the P2P bugs outta here. Bunch of our friends remain unable to see/join each other but that is definitely going in the right direction. Keep going and thanks heaps for the work <3

I still have issues with being unable to see most people online. There are times when the person I ususally use as a link/host doesn't appear online. Tonight was one of those times. It happens randomly it seems. Even when router settings aren't even touched.

Problems:

"Host migration" and splitting group into 2 parallel sessions.

"Connection to the host lost" on best connections.

I have noticed that these two problems are much more prominent when I'm playing with friends that are all inside the same LAN. Sometimes we even managed to split into 4 paraller sessions at once.

Router Netgear DGN1000

All computers using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 sp1

An update on my "session unavailable" experience with the game: I opened a ticket and had some chat with a support staff member during these weeks and confirmed that everything on my side was set up correctly.

Tried to set my static IP as a DMZ host too to solve this problem but it didn't help at all, the issue was still present (and still is), so I'd cross that out as a possible solution.

Like I wrote in my post quoted from OP (ty for doing that btw, I'm happy to be of any help to the community!) this is a gamebreaking bug for a cooperative online game. The solving of the "session slot sealing" by a failed connection issue was an appreciated step forward, but the real deal should be fixing this one! (that "sealing" wouldn't even be present if we didn't have the "unavailable session" bug in the beginning)

yep I still can't play with a few of my friends either, even though supposedly the friend system has been rewritten.

I am not saying it is not rewritten but there is clearly something wrong if the exact same problem is still present :'(

• 4 weeks later...

yep I still can't play with a few of my friends either, even though supposedly the friend system has been rewritten.

I am not saying it is not rewritten but there is clearly something wrong if the exact same problem is still present :'(

Are you getting Strict NAT when you do Network Analysis?

Hmm, I'm not sure if some of my issues are related to these issues, but I believe they are. It bears mentioning that the "Network Analysis" always tells me that my network is nominal, which I think supposed to be a good thing, but I could be wrong.

Here are some of the issues I have while playing Warframe:

Players on my friends list who are currently offline, show up as online for me. I frequently wind up trying to talk to my friends and wind up finding out, after I send them a message, that they are, in fact, offline.

The host auto selection doesn't seem to function properly. Most of the time, it seems to do the exact opposite of its purpose, because I frequently join a lobby and don't get selected as host, but then I wait 10 to 15 seconds for the "host" to get completely loaded, when I am loaded up in 4 or 5 seconds. This seems to occur most often when one player has a significantly slower load than the fastest members of the squad (i.e. Players A and B take 3 seconds to load, Player C takes 6 seconds, Player D takes 14. Player D is made host). I've gotten squad-mates chosen to host and wind up with everyone teleporting around me and items never appearing, for example. (If it helps, I have a ping ranging between 61 and 90, but it generally stays around 70. I also have a limit of 300 in my settings.)

Another issue, similar to the "parallel mission" issue, is that I infrequently have an issue where the mission starts twitching and spasming, then I get the "Host Migration" box. I then find myself completely alone in the mission, though sometimes there is another person there. Other players can join up without problem, but frequently I wind up failing the mission because the bug occurs when there are 20 or 30 enemies nearby.

I've also had a large number of instances with the mission never exiting to the Solar Map. I just get stuck with a black screen and have to use the Task Manager to close out of Warframe. 

I'm also experiencing a form of the "Recent Players" list bug, but I'm not sure how relevant it is here, so I'm just listing it.

Those are all the issues I can think of right now, at least the ones that I think are relevant to this thread. 

Thank you for creating and keeping this thread going, it was quite enlightening for me to read.

• 1 month later...