Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Aim: Three Issues.

As the title says, I've been seeing three issues with the sentinels' aim for quite a while now.

1. Accuracy is listed as 100.0 on several sentinel weapons, specifically Burst Laser, Deth Machine Rifle, Stinger, and Laser Rifle. In my understanding, an accuracy of 100.0 means every shot will land on target. However, this is not the case: bullets fly all over the place. This is most obvious when using the Stinger, since the projectile leave a trajectory trail.

Is this intended, simulating the Sentinel having less than perfect aim with a perfectly accurate weapon, or is the listed accuracy false?

2. Even taking the above into consideration, Sentinels aim too far to the left of the target. Whenever they miss a shot, even on a stationary target, it's to the left of it. Switching the camera position with the H key does not affect this (i.e. it doesn't start aiming to the right).

3. Adding to the above issues, Sentinels also shoot at the exact same spot no matter the target's stance. If the target is knocked down, the shots will fly well above their body dealing zero damage. Also, when Leapers start their jump animation they bend over a little, and even this slight motion, coupled with issue #2, makes the Sentinel miss every shot on them until they straighten up again. This is most aggravating when fighting Ancients and their stretchy slap attacks, when Sentinels miss their mark by half a body.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Yeah, I remember reporting that issue back in the day, waaay before Dethcube was added. Wyrm was that one sentinel hovering over your shoulder and literally missing a barn... and refused to fire downwards, because your Warframe was blocking its LoS to the enemy (and probably that bug still exists, too)

So far, the only weapon that hits almosts every single enemy at 20+ meter distance...is the sweeper shotgun. Given, it has spraying pellets that really make it hard to miss...but it can almost snipe enemies.

Yeah, I remember reporting that issue back in the day, waaay before Dethcube was added. Wyrm was that one sentinel hovering over your shoulder and literally missing a barn... and refused to fire downwards, because your Warframe was blocking its LoS to the enemy (and probably that bug still exists, too)

So far, the only weapon that hits almosts every single enemy at 20+ meter distance...is the sweeper shotgun. Given, it has spraying pellets that really make it hard to miss...but it can almost snipe enemies.

The bug you mention does indeed still exist.

And you're right. The fact that the only weapon that consistently hits something is a shotgun is a good indicator of how bad the Sent's aim is... I was just in a survival mission, wishing for a flamethrower sentinel. Or a missile-launcher sentinel.