Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Un-Forma/potato With A Cost.

-Scourge

you got like 6 formas into a normal frame and a reactor, And then DE releases a prime version of that frame. 

now.. normally you'd have to deal with it. but with my proposed idea.. you could un-forma/supercharge your frame/weapon

with a cost.

as for the cost, it could be 50% of it's price in the market.

example: catalyst costs 20p. To remove it from items it would cost you 10p. so instead of buying a new catalyst for 20p you could remove 2 catalysts for the same price.

now what about forma? you had to get to rank 30 to forma each time.. what happens to the xp?

well, as for that.. the excess xp could go into a bonus xp system similar to affinity boosters but without duration as it's resource, instead.. well.. xp! (bonus xp gets added over doubled xp from affinity boosters but not doubled by it)

(frame xp can only be used on other frames and weapon xp on weapons)

example: you had 6 formas on a frame so that's 60p to remove and 900k xp each, so.. 5.4m bonus xp that can be used on other frames. (or it could be 50% of the xp, as a punishment. so 2.7m xp)

lets say you killed a grineer and got 100 xp.. you will get an extra 100 xp from your bonus xp and another 100 from your affinity booster if you had one. so 200 xp (without affinity) and 300 xp (with affinity).

i haven't had this problem myself, because i mostly only forma prime gear, but i don't think those that couldn't wait for the prime version to come out should be punished by making another 6 formas and a catalyst/reactor. instead they could undo those with a cost.

what do you guys think?

Edited by -Scourge

this is a F2P game, DE have to earn their ££/$$ somehow, so recovery of potatoes/forma/whatever else is never going to happen, its a nice dream but thats just taking money away from DE, i cant say thats a good idea at all.

that's exactly why it costs platinum to recover them.

For the catalyst sounds semi reasonable.  The thought never accured to me.  To me, once I potato something I don't get rid of it.  For that rainy day will come when I want to use a fully functioning weapon.

As for forma, the grind of ranking up weapons many times seems to breath life into the game.  Don't think it would be a healthy change for the xp to be swappable.  At most they could initiate forma removal which basically destroys the xp.

this will never happen.

costing 10 instead of 20 mean you need less plat. as nice at it all sounds your basically just asking for them to get less money. 

just be thankful they hand them out for free a few times a month.

this is a F2P game, DE have to earn their ££/$$ somehow, so recovery of potatoes/forma/whatever else is never going to happen, its a nice dream but thats just taking money away from DE, i cant say thats a good idea at all.

That's not really taking away from them. -Scourge implies that the cost would be half the platinum. Unless you can magically produce platinum out of your behind, you're not taking money away from DE.

With your reasoning, anything that doesn't cost platinum is taking money away from DE...

That's not really taking away from them. -Scourge implies that the cost would be half the platinum. Unless you can magically produce platinum out of your behind, you're not taking money away from DE.

With your reasoning, anything that doesn't cost platinum is taking money away from DE...

what they need to do if make a damned Marketplace/Auction House so ppl can actually buy/sell things so theres a reason for ppl to want to stock up on plat, we dont need budget forma/potatoe recovery, just buy more, their cheap enough and if you could actually sell stuff without being stuck in a damned IRC channel (cmon, weve moved on from needing a quakenet irc channel in the 90's) for ages instead of just playing the game then youd have your "free" plat.

Don't forget about the other reasons one might want to un-forma something. For example, anytime DE changes mods or a game system (melee 2.0 for example) which completely invalidates certain builds. I no longer have a need for a certain slot on weapons where I used to have 3 of that type of slot previously.

Don't forget about the other reasons one might want to un-forma something. For example, anytime DE changes mods or a game system (melee 2.0 for example) which completely invalidates certain builds. I no longer have a need for a certain slot on weapons where I used to have 3 of that type of slot previously.

there are many reasons indeed. tho i only used the most common.

ever wanted to take that catalyst off a weapon you don't need anymore? because de changed whatever you liked about it? and just sell it to free up a slot?

well, you absolutely can not! what a waste! :D

Edited by -Scourge

just to make this clear guys.

i know that warframe is an f2p game and DE needs money but formas and catalysts are not their only way of making it.

tbh it's their smallest platinum sink halving it won't make much of a difference. and they could always introduce new platinum sinks if they wanted to. 

this sink on the other hand is... well.... they shouldn't make more money from their players' mistakes.

Edited by -Scourge

costing 10 instead of 20 mean you need less plat. as nice at it all sounds your basically just asking for them to get less money. 

i forgot to mention this.

it's not like you're buying forma or catalysts at half price. you will only be able to remove them if you had them placed into weapons in the first place

in other words.. you already bought it for 20p. why won't they let you remove it?.

on another note, i actually think this will be a better plat sink (in the long run) because it will encourage people to remove formas/catalysts. it creates the illusion that they're not losing more plat because they're spending less.

and because of this, they will be  happy to remove many more formas than they ever bought.

Edited by -Scourge

• 1 month later...

what they need to do if make a damned Marketplace/Auction House so ppl can actually buy/sell things so theres a reason for ppl to want to stock up on plat, we dont need budget forma/potatoe recovery, just buy more, their cheap enough and if you could actually sell stuff without being stuck in a damned IRC channel (cmon, weve moved on from needing a quakenet irc channel in the 90's) for ages instead of just playing the game then youd have your "free" plat.

THIS.

Experience finally speaks up. Thank god we have some OG gamers around here.

THIS.

Experience finally speaks up. Thank god we have some OG gamers around here.

I'm sorry but AH's kill video game economies and make finding items yourself extremely painful.

Reasons:

There are plenty of players that play waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy more than you and end up stock piling valuables.  Current trade system makes it not worth it to attempt to trade 90's style as meth said it.  With an AH,fairly quickly these valuables become 1-2 plat at most.  Not only does it no longer seem worth it to find the item yourself, but you get the sense it's a worthless piece of crap to begin with.

I'm sorry but AH's kill video game economies and make finding items yourself extremely painful.

Reasons:

There are plenty of players that play waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy more than you and end up stock piling valuables.  Current trade system makes it not worth it to attempt to trade 90's style as meth said it.  With an AH,fairly quickly these valuables become 1-2 plat at most.  Not only does it no longer seem worth it to find the item yourself, but you get the sense it's a worthless piece of crap to begin with.

Everyone always has to say "AH". 

I can only think their experience is limited to WoW and or Diablo3. Its a shame, but player owned/personal hard-fixed price vendors do not degrade the economy at all. Its the same as us in Trade chat, but we wont have to be online to do it. Supply and Demand.

For example, how does everyone selling Loki Prime BP @2p devalue Loki Prime himself? Or for that matter, why would that make you say 'well, if Loki is that cheap, I'll just pass on getting him at all!"? That makes no sense.