Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Implementing Ukemi Into Warframe

Enomilli

For those who have played enough fighting games you already know what an Ukemi is.

For those of you who do not allow me to share with you what Ukemi is.

Ukemi is basically a roll in any direction when you are the Uke.

Uke is one who receives a certain technique, take the MOA Shockwave as example

I believe instead of adding a mod to decrease the the amount of time, we could save energy and add a little more to the game by adding Ukemi to the game.

What this means is, if you are knocked down or staggered you can initiate Ukemi and recover from said blow.

If a MOA where to knock me on my butt but I had timed let's say the jump button the moment I hit the ground I would hit the ground and then roll and be able to stabilize myself again for the battle.

I think this would add a little more to the game than just being mod dependent.

Since ninja are supposed to have quick reflexes adding Ukemi into this game seems to make perfect sense.

Edited by Ystella

Seme wa doko? if there's an Uke - there must be a Seme!! (end boke) (insert tsukomi)

but yea it would make sense to be able to roll through a potential knockdown given a Tenno's other acrobatic abilities. maybe change the animation coming out of the roll to remain on one knee briefly so it keeps a bit of the knockdown effect to it. i do like this sort of thinking rather then just slapping a mod type on any given situation.

I maybe wrong but when Moa shockwaves u can jump over "shockwave" thus nulling it.

You can jump over it but that was just a small example of using Ukemi.

You wont always be able to jump over it...especially when fighting multiple shockwave MOAs.

For those who have played enough fighting games you already know what an Ukemi is.

I believe instead of adding a mod to decrease the the amount of time, we could save energy and add a little more to the game by adding Ukemi to the game.

What this means is, if you are knocked down or staggered you can initiate Ukemi and recover from said blow.

If a MOA where to knock me on my butt but I had timed let's say the jump button the moment I hit the ground I would hit the ground and then roll and be able to stabilize myself again for the battle.

Since ninja are supposed to have quick reflexes adding Ukemi into this game seems to make perfect sense.

da9a2863_Mother-of-god-meme.jpeg

WHY IS THIS NOT ALREADY IN THE GAME?!

ALL OF MY +1

Edited by Aerensiniac

I agree the S#&$ out of this guy.

implement stagger attacks (rollers also) to be negated by blocking.

Also add depth to evading/rolling like mentioned above (ukemi) or with more substantial evation in hardhitting situationsand the game will definetly be twice as fun.

sry for bad english, love the game

kronk

I wouldn't mind a quick-time-ish event when you are getting knocked down to recover faster, BUT, DE have said that they will be adding Knockdown-recovering mods in the future.

That is the problem.

Instead of slapping mods on everything they need to add to the game.

I don't need a wall run mod nor a jumping mod. 

Why would we need a mod for something ninja should do in the first place?