Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy Character & Mob Concept] Tengus And The Centuria : Machine-Health Faction

FoxFX

OVERVIEW

This is to introduce a new threat lead by the hidden Dr. Tengus. MACHINERY-HEALTH Based mobs are rather scarce and a bit stale (with the only threats being drones and rollers), so I have decided to present a new chain of mobs.

So in summary, Tengus has arrived after being directly assaulted by Infested upon his failure to contain them. He undergoes an urgent surgical procedure leaving only his brain intact to a new machine body. His close call sparks a belief that he has an idea how the Infested are being controlled and constructs a personal army of his own: the Akushin Armada.

This version of Tengus will be scheming plots of capturing Mutalist Alad V and other possible Infested to experiment and discover the control command of the plague. While doing so, he offers other Grineer to be among the Akushin as an escape for their biological deterioration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO IS TENGUS?

Spoiler

• IMPORTANT WIKI LINK HERE EXPLAINING TENGUS

• (Concept): After his failure which lead to the outbreak of the Infested, Tengus was also afflicted. To spare his fate, he quickly undergone a surgical procedure which turned him almost all machine.

• The close experience with the Infested has led him to believe he has found a way to gain control of the bio-weapon. However, he firmly believes that the clone army of the Grineer is no longer sufficient to gain control of them.

• He has worked under the shadows of the Grineer masters such as Hek and Tyl Regor while contructing a new army called the Akushin Armada.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT ARE THE AKUSHIN ARMADA

Spoiler

• A Machinery based enemy that consist of mechanical soldiers and warriors that are controlled through the neural command of Tengus

• [POSSIBLE MOB MECHANICS]: Being they are a Machine-Based Army, they could have some perks that differs them from the other common Faction enemies:

SECOND LIFE: When a Destruct enemy's health depletes, they have a chance to resurrect again with much lower Health and lower maneuverability

METAL RESILIENCE: A degree of resistance to knockdowns/procs

TRITIUM REACTION: These machines can be powered by Tritium meaning they would sometimes die but will explode with a relatively low Blast damage to any player within hugging room (This concept also ties in how the Akushin are powered by the same Tritium batteries used in the Law of Retribution Trial)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POSSIBLE APPEARANCES FOR THE AKUSHIN ARMADA

(I am not artist, but if possible, these below images can give an idea what these Akushin enemies can look like)

Spoiler

Akushin Ranger

Spoiler

K8yfH0D.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery and Ferrite Armor

DESCRIPTION: The common Akushin unit. Created when a low-rank Grineer has decided to forsake his flesh and transplants its mind into this machine. Wielding an improvised Buzlock as its right arm, The Akushin Ranger can charge a shot that homes in on its target. It also throws in a zero-gravity grenade levitating its foes to temporarily prevent it form moving.

Other variants have Brakks for their right arms performing best in closer tactics. Other variants have Fluctus and Karaks as their right arms.

Akushin Hunter

Spoiler

kpObzxz.jpg

DESCRIPTION: Fancied with Oxium alloys, the Akushin Hunter is modified for optimum maneuverability to slice away at his foes up close with two Ripkas claws. Its' feet and claws makes it capable of wall running. When its body is torn in half, its top half will try to maneuver itself toward the enemy to finish them off. The Akushin Hunters are relentless in nature and should not be looked down.

Those that adorn the Grineer's Harkonar Syanda are said to once be Grineer of incredible dexterity and rank.

Akushin Knight

Spoiler

4tQpn9H.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery and Alloy Armor

DESCRIPTION: Forged with the strongest of metal, the Knights of Akushin are by design the close-combat experts of their kind. Seen dragging around a heavy blade weapon of Grineer design, these huge swordsmen are deceptively fast for its size. Their dashes can close the gap and push back their foes. Each swing with their blades are no less of remarkable.

Rumors have also been said they can even slash energy waves with a single swing. While adoring the banner of the Grineer suits these machinescan hold their ground against techniques that knockdown and stagger.

Akushin Brute

Spoiler

NeX2WOi.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery & Alloy Armor

DESCRIPTION: Devastation lays in wait for anything in front of these titans. A body given to the most aggressive of Grineer, the Akushin Brutes wield mini-gun variants of Kohm and Drakgoon to blast away their oppositions.

Players can fire at their weapons to jam their guns. Be warned though, once their guns no longer work they throw their useless weapons at the enemy for Impact damage and proceed to charge openly at them with punching combinations and ground slams. These things do not know when to give up.

Akushin Giant

Spoiler

AWkujzH.jpg

DESCRIPTION: The bulkiest Grineer has the opportunity to become these engines of destruction. Installed with the ability to harness their Tritium Cores, these Giants are capable forces.

Depending on their color, they attack using Radiation/Heat/Cold projectiles that create environmental hazards against their opponents. Be warned when attacking them in close quarters. The overuse of the Tritum’s power daunts them to self-destruct, but that alone is also by chance. (Design inspired by the Atmos weapon).

Akushin Trapper

Spoiler

joq4izw.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery

DESCRIPTION: Operatives have reported these things crawling on ceilings and walls firing Stug rounds out of their opened shells dealing explosive Corrosive damage. They have also mentioned them firing a Stasis Field slowing down their preys. Watch your surroundings! Tengus has surely designed these things to deal with the agility of the Infested.

Akushin Recon

Spoiler

r0b8GwN.jpg

DESCRIPTION: Flies around the area sending in support to the Akushin. Once it opens up both wings, Akushin within a certain area receive regeneration of their vitality thanks to the Akushin's microbots dispersed in the area repairing them. Best to take these out if you wish not to prolong the fight.

Akushin Arc Walker

Spoiler

kYVGgal.jpg

DESCRIPTION: Small ground drone that opens its tube container firing an arc of ELECTRIC attacks to deal chain damage to unwary foes. HEED WARNING: when they travel in a swarm of 4, within range they create Telsa Links that will deal Slash damage to anyone that touches them. Deal with them swiftly before they swarm among you.

Akushin Warlord

Spoiler

BzBjiC3.jpg

DESCRIPTION: This monstrosity commands the greatest close combat strength among its ranks. Uses each of its four fists to assault Tenno with a devastating four-hit attack. When flustered, it will use all four of its fists to slam the ground staggering and damaging anything on the floor/ceiling.

This thing is more sturdy than it appears. An operative recalls managing to split this thing in two only to have to fight its upper-half later on. Resilience is just a catalyst to its savage nature and it will do anything Tengus commands him to do.

APPEARANCE OF TENGUS

Spoiler

• Below is a list of appearances from before Tengus's failure with the Infested, to his new Akushin appearance, to his boss-fight body

• In a possible boss fight against Tengus, Tengus transfers his brain finto a new Mecha Body. This body will resemble something of an actual Tengu aka "Youkai Armor"

• POSSIBLE TENGUS FACE PRE-INFESTED ATTACK 1

• "YOUKAI" ARMOR 1
  • "YOUKAI" ARMOR 2

WHY MOBS OF MACHINERY HEALTH

Spoiler

• In my opinion, Machinery-based enemies are one of the least-threatening enemies in Warframe and the least in variety

• A new enemy type can welcome new additional builds with Impact and Blast as well as new challenges

• Introduces speculation of Grineers attempting new methods for surviving their biological deterioration

WHERE THE NAME AKUSHIN CAME FROM?

Spoiler

• [1] The name Tengus is derived from a Japanese folklore of a bird-looking demon, so the armada Tengus commands are named under the same

• [2] As a portmanteau for "Demon" and "Machine". "Demon" in Japanese is "Akuma" and "Machine in Japanese is "Mashin." Place them together and I got the name "Akushin" for "DEMON MACHINES"

ADDRESSING THE WHOLE "INFESTED CAN INFEST ROBOTICS" ARGUMENT

Spoiler

• So far, the Infested has shown to take over Corpus Robotics due to Alad V's Mutalist Project

• What I'm addressing is not Corpus Robotics but GRINEER MACHINERY

• I've speculated major difference between Corpus Robotics and Grineer Machinery

• Possible difference can be shown by the relevance of the Tritium Battery we see in the Law of Retribution Trial.

• We all know some behaviors of the Tritium Batteries being erratic and unstable if disturbed and being a battery of such nature can be said to emit high levels of heat and radiation or even a devastating explosion.

• Grineer Machinery is possibly made through these Tritium Batteries. If that were the case, it could be said that the Infested would most likely burn out trying to infest the Machinery or the Machinery itself could self-detonate if obstructions/disturbances were ever to occur.

• There is also some evidence that the Grineer could've possibly had plans to take over the Infested thanks to the event Operation: Tubemen of Regor where both Alad and Nef Anyo race to obtain a cure manufactured from Tyl Regor

• The Grineer's main goal is reign over the star chart. What would be a more beneficial tool for them besides a powerful bio-weapon?

THE POSSIBLE SCHEME OF TENGUS AND THE AKUSHIN ARMADA

Spoiler

• Tengus's close call to being part of the Infested also gave Tengus a brief view of the Infested's true source of command.

• To prove himself to the Queens and to regain support with his Grineer brethren, he plans to seek out the true commanding power of the Infested so that the Grineer will have access to the most powerful Bio-Weapon

• Possible events can include Tengus's Destructs to attempt capture of Mutalist Alad V or extraction of a piece of Lephantis

• General Sargas Ruk has shown disapproval of the G3 experiments and may find disapproval of Tengus's new plot and his newfound fascination. He could request the Tenno to do some series of missions to thwart and/or assassinate Tengus before he gets too power hungry

• Another scheme Tengus can have is an invitation to all Grineer to be among the Akushin for salvation from their deteriorating bodies for a much powerful construct

QUOTES FOR TENGUS

Spoiler
  • Brothers! I have returned anew with a form of our future! Be among my Akushin for our salvation.

• See my skin harder than stone. See my bones stronger than steal. My flesh is eternal, and so can be yours!

• The Infested took what was left of my weakness...our weakness. Our fate lies in fire and iron!

• Open your eyes, Lotus. A demon approaches your garden.

• When the plague had me, I saw what they saw. I know how they are controlled...and I know how to control them.

• The Tenno can try to stop me, but they will fail.

UPDATED OP

NEW PROJECT: OFFICER HYDRA: UNDERWATER BOSS OF AKUSHIN ARMADA

1wEHa3R.jpg

Edited by FoxFX

Working on possible planet locations, but with the star chart 3.0 coming, I'll wait and see what else can be a good place for these guys.

Fair enough, with Starmap 3.0 it could be a possible grineer lab based on an asteroid belt, or just one giant asteroid, that'd be cool as a new tileset/area in the game

Adding new additional artwork possibilities for the Akushin Armada:

Foot Soldier

Combat Drone

Ground Infantry  Drone 2

Heavy Unit 4

I am in the process of doing some possible sketches on the actual Akushin Armada and Tengus. Don't feel confident in my art ability, but I will try my best to bring this idea to light.

Edited by FoxFX

I am in the process of doing some possible sketches on the actual Akushin Armada and Tengus. Don't feel confident in my art ability, but I will try my best to bring this idea to light.

Don't feel bad about your art man, even if it isn't perfect at least you made the effort. If you're serious about this try messaging Arch111 or Oomatu see if they're interested. Their art is fantastic :D

Don't feel bad about your art man, even if it isn't perfect at least you made the effort. If you're serious about this try messaging Arch111 or Oomatu see if they're interested. Their art is fantastic :D

I tried to do an artwork for the common trooper enemy:

Akushin Ranger

JuRT29q.jpg

DESCRIPTION: The common Akushin unit. Created when a low-rank Grineer has decided to forsake his flesh and transplants its mind into this machine. Wielding an improvised Buzlock as its right arm, The Akushin Ranger can charge a shot that homes in on its target. It also throws in a zero-gravity grenade levitating its foes to temporarily prevent it form moving.

Edited by FoxFX

Akushin Hunter

Y1ypINj.jpg

DESCRIPTION: Fancied with Oxium alloys, the Akushin Hunter is modified for optimum maneuverability to slice away at his foes up close with two Ripkas claws. Its' feet and claws makes it capable of wall running. When its body is torn in half, its top half will try to maneuver itself toward the enemy to finish them off. The Akushin Hunters are relentless in nature and should not be looked down.

Those that adorn the Grineer's Harkonar Syanda are said to once be Grineer of incredible dexterity and rank.

Edited by FoxFX

Akushin Knight

4tQpn9H.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery and Alloy Armor

DESCRIPTION: Forged with the strongest of metal, the Knights of Akushin are by design the close-combat experts of their kind. Seen dragging around a heavy blade weapon of Grineer design, these huge swordsmen are deceptively fast for its size. Their dashes can close the gap and push back their foes. Every swing with their blades are no less of remarkable.

Rumors have also been said they can even slash energy waves with a single swing. While adoring the banner of the Grineer, these machines can hold their ground against techniques that knockdown and stagger.

Edited by FoxFX

Akushin Giant

qwHvWtg.jpg

DESCRIPTION: The bulkiest Grineer has the opportunity to become these engines of destruction. Installed with the ability to harness their Tritium Cores, these Giants are capable forces.

Depending on their color, they attack using Radiation/Heat/Cold projectiles that create environmental hazards against their opponents. Be warned when attacking them in close quarters. The overuse of the Tritum’s power daunts them to self-destruct, but that alone is also by chance. (Design inspired by the Atmos weapon).

Edited by FoxFX

Akushin Cleanser

UT7i0ZE.jpg

DESCRIPTION: With Tengus's support from Councilor Vay Hek, he was able to supply a reserve of Cicero Toxin to equip to these machines. Armed with Acrids, Stugs, and a Gas-Element version of the Ignis, these troops are designed to handle anything reliant of flesh including against the Infested.

Edited by FoxFX

I get it, I thought it was already implemented to the DR. Tengus lore that's why.... but it looks really awesome! ask for some art/designers help...to get the visua BOOOM!!

Any thoughts on my current renderings of the Akushin or any thoughts on the Akushin Mobs I have written in general?

The idea is great, but the look you chose is pretty dull. It's basically a palette swap of a Grineer with machinery armour. A robo-Grineer.

Since the Grineer already have roller technology, and the Corpus already have bipedal and quadrupedal machines, why not give the Grineer rolling or tracked robots?

Like mini-tanks? I mean, all those robotic legs could probably be better used to give actual Grineer soldiers cyborg legs.

The idea is great, but the look you chose is pretty dull. It's basically a palette swap of a Grineer with machinery armour. A robo-Grineer.

Since the Grineer already have roller technology, and the Corpus already have bipedal and quadrupedal machines, why not give the Grineer rolling or tracked robots?

Like mini-tanks? I mean, all those robotic legs could probably be better used to give actual Grineer soldiers cyborg legs.

I am currently working on the drones and bots that works with the Akushin. I've also been working on a bot that also acts like a pseudo-Ballistic Turret.

Keep an eye out for newer art pieces to come.

As for the reason of the artwork resembling kinda like the Grineer, this was on purpose to remind what they used to be. Part of the lore behind them is that Tengus has invited Grineer troopers to transplant their brains into the Akushin to serve as an immortal body for the Queen. After all, one of the issues behind the Grineer is their bio-deterioration. It would make sense if some of these Grineer would want to avoid that fate despite being clones.

Edited by FoxFX

No not really... just thinking that if you get some detailed art/design you can open the hearts of many! Since video games tend to have a Succes in the video or image aspect...

If I understand it correctly... they need the Grustrag Bolt in order that they won't attack their own... this also a "trademark" of Dr.Tengus mutated or mentally affected Grineer. You may also need to think where would it be suitable for them to fight... or are we gonna get a Dr.Tengus Boss? He  handed the G3 over to Vay Hek as he saw their fighting abilities and saw potential in them. For this reason we can see Vay Hek summon the G3 in Raids (LOR). Seeing that the Akushin has their minds transplanted, it should have some deffect to it in some kind..... 

It's a great idea and I think DE should collaborate and make this happen....by the way Dr.Tengus is the facility director, which means he is still working on more Hybrid or improving the Grineer technology!

Thumbs UP!

Adding new additional artwork possibilities for the Akushin Armada:

Foot Soldier

Combat Drone

Ground Infantry  Drone 2

Heavy Unit 4

The Foot Soldier looks good.... good idea for soldier fighting on a node taken from the Corpus on Europa.... Research facility on Gamygyn or Kokabiel..... White armored is harder to spot on the Icy Europa... This may be the reason they won the Invasion Battle there! ;-)

Akushin Arc Walker

kYVGgal.jpg

DESCRIPTION: Small ground drone that opens its tube container firing an arc of ELECTRIC attacks to deal chain damage to unwary foes. HEED WARNING: when they travel in a swarm of 4, within range they create Telsa Links that will deal Slash damage to anyone that touches them. Deal with them swiftly before they swarm among you.