The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukongs Staff Length With 1024 Hits(3.5X Melee Counter)In Under A Few Minutes And How You Can Get The Same Results.

ViLeDeth

I am under the impression that the ult has been modified to stop at a certain length OR there needs to be a higher melee counter that requires at least 5k (assuming 5k is when you reach 4.5x).

With both range mods for ability power and primed reach on a jat kittag you can get a good base range started.

Here are the results:

raFOw6G.jpg
eKW4GTs.jpg

Well VISUALLY it looks long but it is not, how is this?

The problem seems to be is that the HIT DETECTION is not matching up to the exact length of the staff!

If it was nerfed then I'm okay with it, but it is bugged via hit detection box. As the staff visually grows, the hitbox remains the same as the initial cast length. This is not the case with the Chinese version as both visual and hit detection match up.

If you look at picture #2, notice the channeling effect trail and where it is following:

eKW4GTs.jpg

As you can see, it is not following the tip of the staff and is instead much lower than it should be. Meaning, this is most likely the issue, it is a hit box that isn't lining up with the entire staff. I looks like its the length of just the melee weapon itself plus the prime reach range.

Here's how  you can test it out and get yourself 1k+ hits(3.5x combo meter) in just a few short minutes:

No damage mods (with 2 exceptions). Just get yourself reach/prime reach, berserker, fury, reflex guard, life strike, 2 status mods and Killing Blow.

Killing blow is to help tap into more life strike (I work with 10% life strike as any higher is a waste of energy)

The 2 status mods are just to help put a little more damage for the sustain when channeling.

DO NOT CHANNEL UNTIL YOU NEED TO LIFE STRIKE.

You'll get more hits in because you do lower damage.

Your slide attacks are quite strong still so you can use them to life strike and go back to building your combo without channeling.

I hope I have answered some questions about the staff's range and building up counter meter.

Thank you for participating with your eyeballs.

------
Quick Bits

------

The staff's hitbox acts as if it is the same size regardless of how large the staff appears to be, and even if that wasn't the case, this is at best 10% as large as the gifs show. Try it yourself and you will immediately see this, mobs literally a few meters in front of you will not be hit. Additionally, the staff shown in the Draco/Void Survival gifs was hitting for an enormous amount more per hit than ours does (not that the current damage is particularly bad).

This is also true, the feel of the range is nothing like the visual - it is much shorter still.

Staff doesnt fit on screen

Complains about nerf...

#forumlogic

10/10 useless post - read the part where I said,

"If it was nerfed then I'm okay with it, but it is bugged via hit detection box. As the staff visually grows, the hitbox remains the same as the initial cast length. This is not the case with the Chinese version as both visual and hit detection match up."

Read Ratcher0325's post - he/she is on to something that could mean the range is there but the hit detection isn't matching up to the actual length of the staff.

Edited by ViLeDeth

Staff doesnt fit on screen

Complains about nerf...

#forumlogic

The staff's hitbox acts as if it is the same size regardless of how large the staff appears to be, and even if that wasn't the case, this is at best 10% as large as the gifs show. Try it yourself and you will immediately see this, mobs literally a few meters in front of you will not be hit. Additionally, the staff shown in the Draco/Void Survival gifs was hitting for an enormous amount more per hit than ours does (not that the current damage is particularly bad).

Edited by Racter0325

is still one of the worse ultis of all warframes

I've been seeing arguments about his ult, and yet I haven't saw one proper argument on why his ult sucks compared to why his ult is good

I'm starting to see a pathetic trend

Anyways, how many enemies would be flinging around from something the size of a skyscraper?

Edited by Jaruis

Really? Really?

When the staff gets so long such that it is longer than the screen, probably.

After all, who knows what happens next? What if he accidentally spun around and blew up the ship he is in?

[size=1]Also think his long staff is meant to compensate something.[/size]

well i see it like

valkyr is close range

wukong is mid range

excal is long range

each individual are different from each others ... mod builds and effects ... i dont compare them at all

it same thing with weapons having different stats or proc damage as impact , puncture or slash

pick one that suits your gameplay ... now we only need "sai" weapon to complete my ninja turtle team :)

Man i've been using him with mios equipped an can honestly say that he does not suck at all, regardless of his ult range he is still a ton of fun to play and if you are good with his 2nd ability and have rage he is an absolute beast! Even if they dont fix the ult hit box or they leave it as it is i am still gonna be using him a ton, specially on them infested.

well i see it like

valkyr is close range

wukong is mid range

excal is long range

each individual are different from each others ... mod builds and effects ... i dont compare them at all

it same thing with weapons having different stats or proc damage as impact , puncture or slash

pick one that suits your gameplay ... now we only need "sai" weapon to complete my ninja turtle team :)

yeah ... Valkyer meele /immortal

exc ranged (as good as immortal cuz it goes throught walls.

wukong... 1 cc and you probably dead after wave 40

just sayin....

Man i've been using him with mios equipped an can honestly say that he does not suck at all, regardless of his ult range he is still a ton of fun to play and if you are good with his 2nd ability and have rage he is an absolute beast! Even if they dont fix the ult hit box or they leave it as it is i am still gonna be using him a ton, specially on them infested.

Agreed, I use Dragon Nikana 1 forma and only regular reach, im in love with wukong, 2+4 LOLOLOLOL 3 when sheet hits the fan. 1 when some one needs to be knocked down a peg

just sayin....

You clearly havnt played him, he has an invulnerability skill that is toggled and resets after being re toggled AND combos with Rage

just sayin....

This is what happens when you don't playtest before posting. You dun gon look silly.

Playtest first.

Talk later.

I'd say I can do this, but I'm still several weeks of alertium away.

Like really, how are we to test this stuff with the extreme cost and multiple research hurdles?

And if you say buy plat, then its not a F2P game now is it?

It'd be nice if the simulacarum let you just have everything for testing purposes, like an always open god mode test server with every possible option open to try these things out. Weapons, frames, and fused leveled mods available with MR.