The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hitching/ Stuttering After U18?

crafturtoemc

My spec should not be a problem..

Hmm, I've tried Disabling Vysnc and Cap Framerates, my FPS goes skyhigh..But still,, overtime the stutter still makes me playing frame..

The stutter is like, your fps is good, then it freezes/spike your frame rate for a second then back to normal. In longer mission, the freezing occurs really fast.

I have a similar issue, it also happens like clockwork, every 5 seconds I get this freeze that gets progressively longer. At the last sortie mission (20 wave Def) I had 2 second hangs every 5 seconds, so it's pretty terrible.

Also my performance has been good up until update 18.

I have the same problem here i don't know why but every 5 seconds(not literally) it freeze but a second later it goes normally 60 fps.

I almost tried with low config but it still happens.

Please fix it! :D

Sorry if my english is too bad

I can add myself to the list of constant stutter. It has become increasingly annoying and I'm almost at the point of uninstalling the game because there's no fun left at all.

Oh and my graphics card stays at about 30% usage at most, so that can't be the problem.

Edited by Kajoken

There are numerous theads on this. We have all submited tickets. DE are aware if the problem and are working on it.

Update 18.0.2 didnt fix it.

Changing vsync and/or capping framerate wont cure this problem.

My opinion is, it is network related, as I can play solo (there is minimal stutter but no freezing), but cant play more than 2 minutes in a team.

Wait out and see when a hotfix comes I suppose.

Dont uninstall ;-)

Last time the update bought such problems was U14 if I remember rightly. Took a week to fix with many hotfix patches. Just take a couple of days break from it. If you uninstall, you will only find yourself redownloading it in a weeks time. Once a space ninja, alway a space ninja.

Edited by Veemaxt

I had several issues yesterday, this morning I downloaded the hotfix and upon getting it I Verified and later Optimized the download cache. Downloaded 30MB and some issues are gone.

I need to further test up to which point has performance improved, but I definitely recommend doing that. May take a while though.

Yes, already raised a thread about this, and a ticket.

Hitching that progressively gets worse and worse till it's a slide show.

Yeah, same here. Worsen every mission and time in a mission eh?

I have a similar issue, it also happens like clockwork, every 5 seconds I get this freeze that gets progressively longer. At the last sortie mission (20 wave Def) I had 2 second hangs every 5 seconds, so it's pretty terrible.

Also my performance has been good up until update 18.

My performance is good because I have a decent computer. But that hitching is really a killer.

I can add myself to the list of constant stutter. It has become increasingly annoying and I'm almost at the point of uninstalling the game because there's no fun left at all.

Oh and my graphics card stays at about 30% usage at most, so that can't be the problem.

I'm planning to reinstall the game, but I can't now cause Wukong in our clan is almost complete...I don't want to refarm the argon.

I had several issues yesterday, this morning I downloaded the hotfix and upon getting it I Verified and later Optimized the download cache. Downloaded 30MB and some issues are gone.

I need to further test up to which point has performance improved, but I definitely recommend doing that. May take a while though.

Hmm, 37MB? right? Try verify it again...Mine downloaded and installed. Then I press verify again and it checks again...37MB? WTF!!

That's funny actually... I have been having this same issue but i've noticed that it is indeed tied to the graphics card, just not in the way you would expect. When I start dropping frames I'm noticing that my GPU usage is bouncing between about 10% and 0% every second or two. These drops in load to 0% match up exactly with when I stutter in game. From what I can see, it seems almost like Warframe forgets that you have a graphics card at all.

That's funny actually... I have been having this same issue but i've noticed that it is indeed tied to the graphics card, just not in the way you would expect. When I start dropping frames I'm noticing that my GPU usage is bouncing between about 10% and 0% every second or two. These drops in load to 0% match up exactly with when I stutter in game. From what I can see, it seems almost like Warframe forgets that you have a graphics card at all.

Wait, what..? Is that actually what happens? I need to investigate in this...but it does not look like I took a peek at my OCD monitoring. But it can't be, the stutter worsens the more mission/ time you spend (except in liset).

Edited by crafturtoemc

Wait, what..? Is that actually what happens? I need to investigate in this...but it does not look like I took a peek at my OCD monitoring. But it can't be, the stutter worsens the more mission/ time you spend (except in liset).

That does appear to be what happens, at least for me. The stuttering will progressively get worse as my graphics card sits at 0% load for longer periods of time. On top of that this only happens for me when i'm in a mission with other players. I can play solo just fine, but if I play a coop mission, whether I am the host or a client, I will start to stutter around 5 minutes into the mission every time, without fail.

spent the entire night trying to find a fix for this exact problem, but from my looking into it their seems to be a small memory leak when your in a mission. It doesn't happen in the liset and I haven't tested solo but i suspect it doesn't do it there. I expect it to be an issue with packets not being received and stored properly causing the stutter but that's just my best guess

Hey

I do have the same stuttering problems since U18 when I'm in a mission. I checked the thing with the GPU usage dropping and it's true for me too although it didn't droped to 0% every time.

O8baz9L.png

Hope they will fix this soon <_<

Hi, to reply to above. I believe it is not the game not recognizing you have a GPU. I'm pretty sure its just some bug in the programming or optimisation, let's hope it get hotfixed soon...

Gonna redownload my game see if it happens. ( pls tell me below if redownload the game doesnt work. LOL)

I have a NVIDIA card too.

spent the entire night trying to find a fix for this exact problem, but from my looking into it their seems to be a small memory leak when your in a mission. It doesn't happen in the liset and I haven't tested solo but i suspect it doesn't do it there. I expect it to be an issue with packets not being received and stored properly causing the stutter but that's just my best guess

Hmm, they've asked me to send some thread log, base address + name. I guess they either need to recreate the bug or find what is it

My EE.log did not give a hint for the bug.Though. 

Edited by crafturtoemc

Hey

I do have the same stuttering problems since U18 when I'm in a mission. I checked the thing with the GPU usage dropping and it's true for me too although it didn't droped to 0% every time.

O8baz9L.png

Hope they will fix this soon <_<

That looks exactly like mine during a mission. Glad that at least we've somewhat isolated the problem to being GPU based.

My telemetry during a mission:

fpxH82Z.png

why would it only affect multiplayer games though? I think its affecting the GPU but might not be based in it. I've tried changing every setting and have got no results. reinstalling did nothing, defragging did nothing, validating files turned up files that needed to be replaced every time i've tried (i've tried 3 times now), and i updated my graphics drivers but can never seem to fix it. 

Edited by winningisgood

why would it only affect multiplayer games though? I think its affecting the GPU but might not be based in it. I've tried changing every setting and have got no results. reinstalling did nothing, defragging did nothing, validating files turned up files that needed to be replaced every time i've tried (i've tried 3 times now), and i updated my graphics drivers but can never seem to fix it. 

The core problem is most definitely something wrong with the game, not the GPU itself, but it seems to have a direct correlation to the load level of your graphics card as to when your frames start to drop off in game. I don't have any idea what would cause that kind of problem, but it seems to me like there is some kind of flaw in the communication between the game engine and the computer hardware that prevents the GPU from performing as it should.  I'll be trying the redownload/ reinstall/ verification routine later tonight in hopes that it may help a little bit, will post updates then.

Update: I run my Warframe through steam and tried verifying the game cache, It helped a little bit. Went from running for 5 minutes until unplayable to 20 minutes before it's unplayable. It's still not a fix, but as I am doing a complete computer rebuild tomorrow, I don't see a point in attempting to reinstall the entire game yet.

Edited by yugas42

This has got the be the strangest bug I've ever encountered. It appears to only happen during multiplayer. Playing solo, there might be some minor framerate drops, but it is still playable. Playing online however, after about 5 minutes of play the game starts to stutter and lag. This lag gets progressively worse until eventually I lag so bad that I "lose connection the the host." It feels almost like a memory leak, but it does indeed appear to be GPU usage dropping to 0%. Very odd indeed. Perhaps it could be a VRAM leak?

This has got the be the strangest bug I've ever encountered. It appears to only happen during multiplayer. Playing solo, there might be some minor framerate drops, but it is still playable. Playing online however, after about 5 minutes of play the game starts to stutter and lag. This lag gets progressively worse until eventually I lag so bad that I "lose connection the the host." It feels almost like a memory leak, but it does indeed appear to be GPU usage dropping to 0%. Very odd indeed. Perhaps it could be a VRAM leak?

I didn't even check my VRAM use. I'll go do that now, actually.

Edit: I just ran a mission for about 10 minutes and watched my vRAM memory use as well as the current load. My memory use is dropping with the load, so it's not a memory leak as far as I can tell, otherwise the card should be maxed out when I start dropping frames.

Edited by yugas42