The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept Artwork] Dark Frame

SUMA

i saw alot of recommendations for a "dark" frame. this is my interpretation. hope y'all enjoy :)

abz7.jpg

...i also have a feral frame and alpha frame concept on the fan art forum, if anyone wants to see more of my art. thanks :)

...and the lil round things are his sentinel lol

Edited by SUMA

i saw alot of recommendations for a "dark" frame. this is my interpretation. hope y'all enjoy :)

abz7.jpg

...i also have a feral frame and alpha frame concept on the fan art forum, if anyone wants to see more of my art. thanks :)

...and the lil round things are his sentinel lol

... Well that looks Painful +1

Plz tell me you take requests!

Edited by FrostWolf

So what would this frame be about? Example of playstyle or even powers? 

i actually haven't given that much thought...open to ideas :)

...there was a dark/shadow ninja in ninja scroll that was pretty cool, maybe pull some ideas from that...

So what would this frame be about? Example of playstyle or even powers? 

By the way I'm not ranting on your post phonebox.. Your question just got me thinking about the below paragraph.

It's not our job to come up with stats.  We give them concepts and they fit it into the game how they want.  I think it's silly that people try to name stat suggestions.  Although I do think it's fun to draw possible skill conclusions and let them go with it if they want.

That being said - You were right, bro.  It looks pretty awesome.  Didn't your dark character from when we were in high school use dark powers somewhat like this picture.  I can see the dark tendrils coming up from the ground.  That's kinda neat.

Here's some of my power ideas if you feel like drawing more of him:

- remember the powers of dark from CoX?  the one that has dark tendrils coming up from the ground would be neat.. like Ice Wave but dark tendrils for those who didn't play CoX.

- another great power could have tendrils come from the ground and grab the enemies arms to hold him in place for X seconds (cc move)

- fear.. aoe makes the enemy crouch over in terror for a while..   aoe cc

- aoe dmg, darkness crush.  darkness appears overhead in a cloud, WF drops his hands and it falls onto enemies doing dmg.

- self armor, covers himself in inky blackness, which boosts his armor.. similar to iron skin with dif graphics.

aaaaand back to playing. :P

Edited by Nasmodok

ya, all that character ever knew was darkness, seemed like he should be able to manipulate it in any way imaginable. i figure this frame would have similar abilities. he is actually partially in the ground in the pic...like he is bringing the granier into the darkness with him, or like he came out of it i suppose. nice skill ideas :)

Some possible stat and skill ideas

Hp: 150 (450)

Shield: 75(225)

Energy: 100(150)

Armor: 75

Sprint: 1.10

25 energy

Lash: Whipping Shadow tendrils in front of him,  ---- sunders enemies in front of him to create an opening.

50 energy

Terror's Gibbet: Using the shadows, ---- turns an enemy  into a Horrifying effigy that fills fellow enemies with fear and dread.

25 Energy,

Impaler: Forming a spear of pure black, ---- hurls it,  it pierces and impales all in it's path.

100 energy

Wraith Revenants: Drawing forth on the darkest reaches of the void, ---- gives the shadows life as they ripe and tear enemeis apart.

Essentially the thought is

A mid-close range crowd breaker

A Debuff stun, as the enemy effected will debuff those in the AoE

A long range direct damage skill

and the Ultimate is as always a crowd clearer.  Think army of hades

Edited by FrostWolf

You were right, bro.  HAH.  And ya a weapon comeing out of the darkness would have been neat.  But I think the dark tendrils look better the way they are.

+1 to original helm.  I like it way better.

Wow, he really doesn't look anything like Ash at all.  Kudos for proving it to the people who think they are cool by comparing it to current wfs.