Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Karting

VoidPunch

6zy0jb.jpg

So I was bored one day and thought “what if Warframe had a Kart racing mode or spin off”, like Mario Kart or something. I figured it’d be fun to draw out. While I was drawing I started thinking of how this game could actually work and I came up with the following…

I figured each Tenno would have two powers: a more “aggressive” power and a more “defensive” power. In order to use these powers you would have to gather pick ups, respective to each power (kind of like in Mario Kart, I’m a fan of that series by the way). So I thought how most of the Tenno abilities could be used in a racing scenario, some were easier to come up with and others were a bit more tricky. Also there would be different types of damages as well as environmental hazards on the course.

Types of Damages:
SLOW - Reduces a players speed
STUN - Briefly stops a player from moving, must re-accelerate after effect
STOP - Temporarily stops a player from moving, continues at speed when effect took place
PUSH - Pushes or repels a player
EXPLODE - Blows up a players kart, respawns right after

I also thought there should be differences in the "weight' classes of the Tenno. Such as, light frames have fast acceleration but an ok overall speed, heavy frames have slow acceleration but fast speed and and mid frames are balanced.

Power 1 - “Aggressive”       Power 2 - “Defensive”

Ash
1 Teleport - teleports Ash next to a targeted player in front, limited range
2 Smoke Screen - Ash temporarily becomes invisible to all players, immune to hazards

BONUS

Edited by HandsOfnArtist

Shut Up and Take my PLATINUM!

Seriously though, this is nice. It would take away some stress from the grind and hunts.

My opinions though:

1. Rhino should have Charge instead of Stomp, it acts like slash dash, but shorter and destroys 1 enemy kart.

2. Frost should have Freeze or Ice Wave Instead, Avalanche is too OP

3. Vauban should have jump pad (trolololol)

3. Nova should have Antimatter drop instead, Null Star is too OP for this. Just one mote is enough, homing though.

4. Unlockables should include Bosses! (I'd love to play as mini-Krill; 1 - Freeze Hammer, straight line like Ice Wave, 2 - Fire Hammer, homing hammer)(Also Vor; 1 pointed void key laser, 2 Void Key Shield)

5. Lotus is the commentator (Tenno, Show them your true Tenno Power!) (Tenno, *sigh*) with special guests like the Twin Queens (All hail, ME!), Alad V (THAT move was NOT profitable), the Stalker (What have you done?!) and Darvo (Hmm, this Young Tenno should have bought my (item name)).

6. Stalker sometimes randomly spawns (if he's not a commentator)! Has Slash Dash and Teleport. (eliminating him gives stuff)

7. Characters can be ranked up!

8. There are aggro on selected maps! (mostly infested?) There should be destructible crates and shortcuts! Orokin maps should have secret rooms!

9. Characters can be modded! (just some simple stuff, nothing complicated. Maybe something funny like the Reflex Guard mod (Auto-Block chance) and Heavy Impact (Bumps / Damages Enemies away when falling from high). NO SPEED MODS!)

10. There are items to collect! Like scarves, alternate helmets, kart skins. Kart types!

* pre-race UI should consist of what kart to equip, mods, skins, etc! "Darvo's Wheels!"

Edited by ErudiusNacht

This actually made me smile. Awesome concept and well thought out.

Could be implemented as a dojo room perhaps?

Needless to say, this is the sort of thing I want to see in warframe. Something to take the edge off the endless grind and a bit of fun with clan members.

You have my +1 good sir. Even though it is a long shot I hope to see this in game at some point.

Shut Up and Take my PLATINUM!

Seriously though, this is nice. It would take away some stress from the grind and hunts.

My opinions though:

1. Rhino should have Charge instead of Stomp, it acts like slash dash, but shorter and destroys 1 enemy kart.

2. Frost should have Freeze or Ice Wave Instead, Avalanche is too OP

3. Vauban should have jump pad (trolololol)

3. Nova should have Antimatter drop instead, Null Star is too OP for this. Just one mote is enough, homing though.

4. Unlockables should include Bosses! (I'd love to play as mini-Krill; 1 - Freeze Hammer, straight line like Ice Wave, 2 - Fire Hammer, homing hammer)(Also Vor; 1 pointed void key laser, 2 Void Key Shield)

5. Lotus is the commentator (Tenno, Show them your true Tenno Power!) (Tenno, *sigh*) with special guests like the Twin Queens (All hail, ME!), Alad V (THAT move was NOT profitable), the Stalker (What have you done?!) and Darvo (Hmm, this Young Tenno should have bought my (item name)).

6. Stalker sometimes randomly spawns (if he's not a commentator)! Has Slash Dash and Teleport. (eliminating him gives stuff)

7. Characters can be ranked up!

8. There are aggro on selected maps! (mostly infested?) There should be destructible crates and shortcuts! Orokin maps should have secret rooms!

9. Characters can be modded! (just some simple stuff, nothing complicated. Maybe something funny like the Reflex Guard mod (Auto-Block chance) and Heavy Impact (Bumps / Damages Enemies away when falling from high). NO SPEED MODS!)

10. There are items to collect! Like scarves, alternate helmets, kart skins. Kart types!

* pre-race UI should consist of what kart to equip, mods, skins, etc! "Darvo's Wheels!"

Adding to my previous suggestions, here are the unlockable Bosses:

GRINEER:

"Old Man" Vor (has slight speed boost and burning Aura if the Queens are guest commentators [check my previous post])

1. Void Key Laser - Target a Player and Vor zaps him with his void key. Stuns enemy

2. Void Key Shield - no explanation needed

Vay Hek

1. Double Trouble - spawn 2 doubles for a limited time that shoots randomly

2. What the Hek? - spawn 6 doubles on the screen

Sargas Ruk

1. That annoying swirly thingy - targeted enemy cannot shoot and will damage itself if it does

2. Energy Shield - Like Volt

Reverse Face Regor

1. Slash Dash - Like Excalibur

2. My Fashion Law - sends a wave of energy that rotates the camera by 180 degrees for those caught within AoE

RollinWid de Thaym

1. Roll with it - Deploys roller that annoys and steers away target (She says "Deal with it" whenever you use the skill)

2. Ground Slam - ground slam, you know what it is

Hammer Time Krill (yells "Hammer Time" in his deep voice when he uses abilities)

1. Ice Hammer - Slams Ice hammer in front of him creating Ice wave that freezes / damages enemy target

2. Fire Hammer - Throws a homing Fire hammer

CORPUS:

Jackal (the Jackal itself is the "running" kart with a crewman piloting him on top)

1. Minigun - uses minigun for a short time

2. Shockwave Stomp - ya know what I mean

Derf Anyo (Anyo is riding a Fusion MOA seated on the compartment where the seeker should be)

1. Lanka - Charges and shoots sniper rifle, long charge time but high damage

2. Invisibility - Loki's Invisibility

Raptor (the Raptor itself is the "hovering" kart with a crewman piloting him on top)

1. They're mine - drops energy mines

2. Raptantrum - Raptor barrages enemies with missiles. Usable only with low health.

Hyena (Hyena is running without a pilot due to its small size)

1. small but deadly mini-minigun - deploys tiny minigun that deals same damage as Jackal's minigun

2. Hyena Gang - Hyena calls 2 other Hyenas and they run and act in unison. If he attacks, the others attack too, if he stumbles, they stumble too.

Ambu-Rush (Running fast like Road-Runner making *beep *beep sounds)

1. Grab and Kick - Ambulas pulls and kicks one target in the bumper with damage, stun and slow

2. Ring of Fire - We all hate this

INFESTED:

J3-Gollum (Golem is running alone with an infested crawler on his head pointing directions)

1. Dirty Slingshot - throws poison thingy

2. Pull my Finger - pulls enemies then farts

Phorid (Phorid is running with an infested runner on his back)

1. Psychic Snots - Phorid shoots his psychic thingies on a target

2. Singing "My Way" - Phorid sings Frank Sinatra's "My Way" but enemies hear this as a noxious roar from Phorid's singing so bad that they are stunned.

Inphantis (Lephantis Jr. is running with her 3 tiny legs, XXXXXL diapers and with different colored ribbons on each head)

1. Bwehehe / Giggle / Waaaah - depending on which head is facing forward

a. Baby Infested Corpus - Burp Bombs - laughs "bwehehehe" and throws poison bombs on area, area has poison cloud

b. Baby Infested Grineer - Baby Spoon - giggles like a girl and swings massive spoon in front of its body

c. Baby Infested Baby - Baby Booboo - Cries and vomits infested baby food bits that explode on hit

2. You dummy, Let me try! - Inphantis changes which head faces forward

Note: If you think some of the skills are OP, please consider that they are unlockable "Bosses".

BONUS:

THE STALKER (NON-PLAYABLE)

Stalker entrance:

Part 1 - Lights Flicker - "(Player's name), you can't run from your pa-, uhh, from me...)

Part 2 - Lights Flicker - "I am your reckoning!"

Part 3 - Lights Flicker - "You shall not win this Race! Huh?! Wait, sorry I was just playing my entrance...huh ...wait!"

A smoking Kart is thrown into the race with a voice in the background

DEScott: "Don't play with the switches again! Kids these days..."

Abilities

1. Slash Dash

2. Teleport

Player Defeated:

"(Player's name) shall trouble me no more, hehehehe..." And he goes off-track.

Stalker defeated:

"I have failed. *sob* And I can't even play with the lights...." And he goes off-track.

Random stuff spawn ahead of the player that defeated Stalker.

Soon to come:

MARKET: Darvo's Wheels!

Edited by ErudiusNacht

What the......

@Altey: On a side note, I've read some of your posts and you're just spamming the forum with your one-liners. Please contribute in a more constructive way to the community.

To those who've been surprised by Darvo, you can just go ahead and check his profile page:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/459918-darvo/

He posts randomly when a post pertains to money spending.

Anyways, still working on the Market / UI Concept for this game. Hope we can assemble it!

Adding to my previous suggestions, here are the unlockable Bosses:

GRINEER:

"Old Man" Vor (has slight speed boost and burning Aura if the Queens are guest commentators [check my previous post])

1. Void Key Laser - Target a Player and Vor zaps him with his void key. Stuns enemy

2. Void Key Shield - no explanation needed

Vay Hek

1. Double Trouble - spawn 2 doubles for a limited time that shoots randomly

2. What the Hek? - spawn 6 doubles on the screen

Sargas Ruk

1. That annoying swirly thingy - targeted enemy cannot shoot and will damage itself if it does

2. Energy Shield - Like Volt

Reverse Face Regor

1. Slash Dash - Like Excalibur

2. My Fashion Law - sends a wave of energy that rotates the camera by 180 degrees for those caught within AoE

RollinWid de Thaym

1. Roll with it - Deploys roller that annoys and steers away target (She says "Deal with it" whenever you use the skill)

2. Ground Slam - ground slam, you know what it is

Hammer Time Krill (yells "Hammer Time" in his deep voice when he uses abilities)

1. Ice Hammer - Slams Ice hammer in front of him creating Ice wave that freezes / damages enemy target

2. Fire Hammer - Throws a homing Fire hammer

CORPUS:

Jackal (the Jackal itself is the "running" kart with a crewman piloting him on top)

1. Minigun - uses minigun for a short time

2. Shockwave Stomp - ya know what I mean

Derf Anyo (Anyo is riding a Fusion MOA seated on the compartment where the seeker should be)

1. Lanka - Charges and shoots sniper rifle, long charge time but high damage

2. Invisibility - Loki's Invisibility

Raptor (the Raptor itself is the "hovering" kart with a crewman piloting him on top)

1. They're mine - drops energy mines

2. Raptantrum - Raptor barrages enemies with missiles. Usable only with low health.

Hyena (Hyena is running without a pilot due to its small size)

1. small but deadly mini-minigun - deploys tiny minigun that deals same damage as Jackal's minigun

2. Hyena Gang - Hyena calls 2 other Hyenas and they run and act in unison. If he attacks, the others attack too, if he stumbles, they stumble too.

Ambu-Rush (Running fast like Road-Runner making *beep *beep sounds)

1. Grab and Kick - Ambulas pulls and kicks one target in the bumper with damage, stun and slow

2. Ring of Fire - We all hate this

INFESTED:

J3-Gollum (Golem is running alone with an infested crawler on his head pointing directions)

1. Dirty Slingshot - throws poison thingy

2. Pull my Finger - pulls enemies then farts

Phorid (Phorid is running with an infested runner on his back)

1. Psychic Snots - Phorid shoots his psychic thingies on a target

2. Singing "My Way" - Phorid sings Frank Sinatra's "My Way" but enemies hear this as a noxious roar from Phorid's singing so bad that they are stunned.

Inphantis (Lephantis Jr. is running with her 3 tiny legs, XXXXXL diapers and with different colored ribbons on each head)

1. Bwehehe / Giggle / Waaaah - depending on which head is facing forward

a. Baby Infested Corpus - Burp Bombs - laughs "bwehehehe" and throws poison bombs on area, area has poison cloud

b. Baby Infested Grineer - Baby Spoon - giggles like a girl and swings massive spoon in front of its body

c. Baby Infested Baby - Baby Booboo - Cries and vomits infested baby food bits that explode on hit

2. You dummy, Let me try! - Inphantis changes which head faces forward

Note: If you think some of the skills are OP, please consider that they are unlockable "Bosses".

BONUS:

THE STALKER (NON-PLAYABLE)

Stalker entrance:

Part 1 - Lights Flicker - "(Player's name), you can't run from your pa-, uhh, from me...)

Part 2 - Lights Flicker - "I am your reckoning!"

Part 3 - Lights Flicker - "You shall not win this Race! Huh?! Wait, sorry I was just playing my entrance...huh ...wait!"

A smoking Kart is thrown into the race with a voice in the background

DEScott: "Don't play with the switches again! Kids these days..."

Abilities

1. Slash Dash

2. Teleport

Player Defeated:

"(Player's name) shall trouble me no more, hehehehe..." And he goes off-track.

Stalker defeated:

"I have failed. *sob* And I can't even play with the lights...." And he goes off-track.

Random stuff spawn ahead of the player that defeated Stalker.

Soon to come:

MARKET: Darvo's Wheels!

Funny stuff lol^^

I was actually thinking the non humanoid bosses (i.e. Lephantis, Jackel, etc.) could be more of race course obstacles.

-For example, the Lephantis boss stage would be on the Orokin Derelict Track and in the beginning of the track Lephantis's heads would break through the ground knocking you off course or tossing you in the air if you were hit. Towards the end or middle of the track you could end up in the bottom floor where Lephantis would try to shoot infested bombs or try to knock you off the course with his scythe.

or

-Raptor could be in a Corpus Outpost style level where he would barrage missiles down on the track at certain points where you would have to swerve and dodge your way to not get blown up.

Stuff like that so the 'boss levels' would be more difficult and interesting. I'll probably expand on this further

Funny stuff lol^^

I was actually thinking the non humanoid bosses (i.e. Lephantis, Jackel, etc.) could be more of race course obstacles.

-For example, the Lephantis boss stage would be on the Orokin Derelict Track and in the beginning of the track Lephantis's heads would break through the ground knocking you off course or tossing you in the air if you were hit. Towards the end or middle of the track you could end up in the bottom floor where Lephantis would try to shoot infested bombs or try to knock you off the course with his scythe.

or

-Raptor could be in a Corpus Outpost style level where he would barrage missiles down on the track at certain points where you would have to swerve and dodge your way to not get blown up.

Stuff like that so the 'boss levels' would be more difficult and interesting. I'll probably expand on this further

Well it could still work! I mean, if you finish a Boss Stage or like fulfill certain requirements there, you could unlock the corresponding Boss Kart. For example, if you find the secret room in the Lephantis Stage and finish it within x minutes, you unlock Inphantis! For the Raptor stage, if you manage to get a good jump on a ramp and hit him with your cart, he spirals downward smoking off track and when you finish within x minutes, you unlock Raptor! Two ospreys, one glaive.