Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Powers And Mechanics Post U14

PsycloneM

Unfortunately, my observations do not match what you are seeing from datamining.

I'm seeing Miasma dealing 375 corrosive damage per second (base), increased by power strength and reduced by power duration. It's base duration is 4 seconds. With no power duration mods, Miasma will inflict a total of five damage ticks (from t = 0 to t = 4). With Continuity and Constitution, seven damage ticks are inflicted plus one reduced damage tick (although the damage value appears next to Saryn instead of the enemy).

Power duration mods decrease Miasma's DPS and total damage:

No power duration mods:
375 x ( 4 + 1 ) = 1875 damage

Continuity:
288 x ( 5.2 + 1 ) = 1786 damage

Continuity + Constitution:
237 x ( 6.32 + 1 ) = 1735 damage

I'm not a fan of power duration reducing Miasma's base damage (assuming that's an intended feature), but I'll provide my feedback in the appropriate thread.

Edited by PsycloneM

im not sure if this has been mentioned, but while oberon's first ability requires a target to use, it actually can still be used while moving/reload/switching weapons similar to many other warframes abilities post u11.

im assuming this is a pattern DE is testing, and hopefully they at least apply it to soul punch and decoy next, would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately, my observations do not match what you are seeing from datamining.

I'm seeing Miasma dealing 375 corrosive damage per second (base), increased by power strength and reduced by power duration. It's base duration is 4 seconds. With no power duration mods, Miasma will inflict a total of five damage ticks (from t = 0 to t = 4). With Continuity and Constitution, seven damage ticks are inflicted plus one reduced damage tick (although the damage value appears next to Saryn instead of the enemy).

Power duration mods decrease Miasma's DPS and total damage:

No power duration mods:

375 x ( 4 + 1 ) = 1875 damage

Continuity:

( 375 / 1.3 ) x ( 5.2 + 1 ) = 1788 damage

Continuity + Constitution:

( 375 / 1.58 ) x ( 6.32 + 1 ) = 1737 damage

I'm not a fan of power duration reducing Miasma's base damage (assuming that's an intended feature), but I'll provide my feedback in the appropriate thread.

Yeah honestly I've got no idea WTF is going on there anymore. Since it seems to be working OK I s'pose it's all good.

And yeah it's intended for Miasma to lose DPS with power duration. Total damage is constant.

Yeah honestly I've got no idea WTF is going on there anymore. Since it seems to be working OK I s'pose it's all good.

And yeah it's intended for Miasma to lose DPS with power duration. Total damage is constant.

so assuming this is right if one were to use fleeting expertise and chrola helmet (-65% duration) would the DPS of miasma increase? not sure if my math is right but would it be something like this?

(375/.35)x(1.4+1) = 2571

aside from all her other skills suffering, it seems you can get some pretty hefty miasma builds if this is the case

With your hypothesis in mind, I decided to equipped my Saryn with Fleeting expertise, Focus and the Chlora helmet. I went for a little walk at Kiste as a client and have some results to share.

Most units died within first tick.
Lv 24-25 Lancers take 1923-2024 damage.

Lv 25 Elite lancers take 769 damage.
Lv 25 Scorpion takes 1994 damage.

Lv 25 Bombard takes 318 damage and tick only 2 times. Second tick wasn't observed as there are too many numbers flying around. Damage is not consistent with all 5 Bombards I killed. However, I do have a feeling they died faster when tagged with venom.
Lv 25 Heavy gunners take 1584 damage.

Now what would happen if Blind rage is added, I wonder....

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've updated anything here. I was going through the wiki, and I wanted to comment on several of the ability articles:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shuriken'>Ash

Shuriken still deals 500 slash damage per shuriken.

aPPaPAf.jpg

Against a level 1 lancer with Focus equipped, that's:

650 x 1.25 x 0.85 x [ 1 - 100 x 1.15 / ( 100 x 1.15 + 300 ) ] = 499.

If Shuriken dealt puncture damage, we would see the following damage value displayed instead:

650 x 1.5 x [ 1 - 100 x 0.5 / ( 100 x 0.5 + 300 ) ] = 835.

Shuriken does not deal puncture damage.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fireball'>Ember

Fireball deals 400 heat damage on impact, twice as much as stated in the wiki. Assuming Fireball does not receive any head shot modifiers, the target will burn for 200 heat damage for 6 seconds (a total of 7 ticks). The target and surrounding enemies will take an additional 150 heat damage from the AoE component. All three damage components can be increased with head shot modifiers (decreased in the case of Corpus crewmen) and by power strength mods.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Slash_Dash'>Excalibur

Slash Dash's range seems to be much longer than 10 m. I suspect it's closer to 20 m based off the in-game navigation marker. With Continuity equipped, the range appears to be roughly 26-27 m. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Polarize'>Mag

Shield Polarize still deals magnetic damage.

7i5j0Gv.jpg

Here, a level 4 moa was used as a damage source. With its 160 shield capacity, the radial damage (with Focus) would be calculated as follows:

160 x 0.5 x 2.5 x 1.3 x 1.3 = 338.

If we work backwards using the displayed damage values to estimate the initial damage, we can eliminate damage types accordingly. Since there is a bit of distance between the two moas, the estimated initial damage will be slightly less than 338.

Magnetic damage, 1.75x damage to shields:

[ ( 238 x 1.75 ) + 168 ] / 1.75 = 334

Blast damage, no damage modifiers:

238 + 168 = 406

Shield Polarize does not deal blast damage.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Punch'>Nekros

The targeted enemy still takes 500 impact damage, but the projectile no longer deals magnetic damage. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it seems as though enemies take 50 impact damage when hit by the projectile as it's in motion. When the projectile bursts as it hits a hard surface, enemies in range take 100 impact damage. This AoE can also deal extra damage from head shots. All enemies that take damage from the projectile are ragdolled. The projectile damage does not seem to be affected by power strength mods. Here's what that looks like, with Focus equipped as usual:

bPfebDh.jpg

Note the impact symbol from the AoE damage.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nova/Abilities'>Nova

The wiki still claims that each particle from Null Star deals 150 slash damage. Each deals 200 slash damage. Here's what I'm seeing with Focus equipped against a level 1 lancer:

OTpeeyc.jpg

260 x 1.25 x 0.85 x [ 1 - 100 x 1.15 / ( 100 x 1.15 + 300 ) ] = 199.

The wiki is also claiming that since U11.5, Antimatter Drop's damage multiplier is affected by power strength. Using a level 1 lancer, this is what I'm seeing:

827iEmy.jpg

I used an unmodded Hikou in this example, and each projectile deals 25 physical damage. Considering all 20 hit, that's 20 x 25 = 500 weapon damage. As Antimatter Drop deals 100 base radiation damage (not 200 as mentioned in the article), with Focus equipped the damage is calculated as follows:

( 130 + 500 x 4 ) x ( 1 - 0.25 ) = 1597.

Power strength does not affect the damage multiplier: only the base damage. Here's proof of the base damage (no Focus this time):

0bEr4lq.jpg

On a side note, when Antimatter Drop comes into contact with an enemy it deals 10 radiation damage before detonating (increased by power strength). The damage value is barely visible in the previous image.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Absorb'>Nyx

Absorb still deals a minimum of 1500 magnetic damage. Again with Focus equipped, that looks something like this:

6Gw9yfj.jpg

The crawler suffered a head shot from the blast as you can see by the double damage. If Absorb dealt slash damage as claimed in the wiki, the charger would have taken 2437 damage; the crawler would have taken 2925 x 2 = 5850 damage from the head shot. 

Absorb does not deal slash damage.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Oberon/Abilities'>Oberon

Smite and Reckoning both deal 500 and 1250 damage as stated, each composed of 50% impact damage and 50% radiation damage. However, the particles from Smite do not seem to deal 100 damage. Each particle deals 150 radiation damage. Enemies hit by any of these particles are staggered. With Focus equipped, here's what that looks like against a level 1 lancer:

as9Sg9N.jpg

195 x ( 1 - 0.25 ) = 146.

I'm also not observing Hallowed Ground dealing 125 radiation damage per second. Each tick deals 100 radiation damage every half second: the equivalent of 200 radiation damage per second. For some proof, here's the damage with Focus and the level 1 lancer:

TwsxJzx.jpg

130 x ( 1 - 0.25 ) = 97.

One thing to note is that the damage stacks with repeated casts. The base duration also seems to be longer than 12.5 seconds. With no duration mods equipped, Hallowed Ground lasts roughly 20 seconds.  

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vauban/Abilities'>Vauban

I was curious about the damage Vauban's grenades were causing on impact. I can confirm that all of Vauban's grenades deal 15 blast damage when tossed onto an enemy. This damage is increased by power strength, and has a small chance to knock down the target.

As I've had Tesla grenades last longer than 80 seconds, I'm still in disagreement with the claim that the grenades disappear after 40 seconds. From what I'm observed, the 40 second lifetime is true if the grenades don't use any charges. Time the life of a dormant grenade, and compare it to a grenade that is actively using charges. Let's see if our observations match.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Volt/Abilities'>Volt

After reading several posts regarding Volt's stealth changes after U11, I was very curious as to what people were experiencing that suddenly made Volt less effective. 

Shock appears to have been modified. You no longer have to center your enemy on the target reticle in order to deal maximum damage. The secondary damage seems to function as it used to, except it no longer deals a constant 100 electricity damage regardless of power strength. The secondary damage is now equal to half of Shock's final damage.

Overload still seems to inflict 225 electricity damage over 4 seconds, except as mentioned, the secondary damage is now equal to half of the final damage dealt by each pulse. Electronic devices deal 250 electricity damage per attack, with 125 electricity damage secondaries. As before, electronic device damage is not affected by power strength. These devices prolong Overload's duration as usual. When the devices have exhausted their charges, Overload's final 3 pulses come into effect. As for Overload having a small chance to proc as mentioned in the article, the status debuff and secondary damage seem to occur 100% of the time, similar to Shock.

Edited by PsycloneM

Ah, I see.

That's a shame about not being able to datamine. I appreciate what you've contributed to this thread. Thanks for the help; hopefully we'll be able to see all of this information in-game some day.

I've added more information on Ember's post regarding Fireball's and Fireblast's DoT mechanics. These powers are capable of dealing more heat damage than before due to the way the debuff functions.

Ah, I see.

That's a shame about not being able to datamine. I appreciate what you've contributed to this thread. Thanks for the help; hopefully we'll be able to see all of this information in-game some day.

I've added more information on Ember's post regarding Fireball's and Fireblast's DoT mechanics. These powers are capable of dealing more heat damage than before due to the way the debuff functions.

Is there any change for Mag's Shield Polarize recently? The wiki states the dmg comes from the largest shield drain, so what does it mean exactly? That each enemy is only affected by 1 explosion?

Dmg also seems to be blast now, so enemies get knocked down.

It means that if a single target gets hit with 3 explosions, only the most damaging one will actually do damage. And it's magnetic damage, the knockdown is a manually forced proc.

If that's so, then the wiki is misleading. It should say highest dmg because highest shield drain might come from a fusion Moa which is too far from the target to do much damage.

But how did you arrive at this conclusion (most damaging)?

I just wanted to ask this again in case my last lengthy post wasn't fully read.

How many pulses is Overload supposed to emit? I had always thought it was four pulses for 900 total electricity damage (excluding secondaries) due to its 4-second duration, but I'm currently observing three pulses. I'd appreciate it if anyone could verify the number of pulses to see if our observations match. I would also like to make the developers aware of this if necessary.

Scratch that. Looks like I need to dive into this a little further.

EDIT: I've updated Volt's post. It turns out there are still four pulses emitted during Overload's duration. The first pulse just happens to have a smaller AoE, occurs the moment Volt spreads his arms apart, and contains an additional electricity damage component that falls off with distance.

Edited by PsycloneM

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanna say, thank you for this thread and all the research you've put in, this is important stuff (honestly I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten nearly as much publicity as it ought to) and it's disappointing that DE still refuses to come forward and supply this kind of info to the players. Before reading through this thread I had NO idea how damage multipliers on armor might have worked and how they interacted with flesh multipliers, I'd hate to be a new player right now given the glaring lack of information about mechanics in general actually contained within the game.

wrt Hallowed Ground: I pulled that info straight from the script at the time of writing. Unfortunately, I can't go around snooping anymore, they changed something which throws everything off.

Ugh, I was excited when I read your posts and realized datamining was now possible once again, but of course DE have to put a stop any time people try to unearth helpful, useful information that's otherwise unobtainable because of their lack of transparency :/

Ugh, I was excited when I read your posts and realized datamining was now possible once again, but of course DE have to put a stop any time people try to unearth helpful, useful information that's otherwise unobtainable because of their lack of transparency :/

Datamining has always been possible save for drop tables and now lua scripts. And the scripts I'm inclined to think it was unintentional, product of updating their script compiler or something, 'cause only half the scripts fail to decompile and it's always because of a single error. If I knew more about Lua I'd try to fix it myself. (Plus LuaDec is meant for Lua 5.0.2 and we're at 5.2.3 already)

Anyways, if you're gonna whine at least know what you're whining about.

Edited by Kyte

• 2 weeks later...

U12 is here, and I'll be going through various frames (albeit very slowly) to take note of any changes.

Ember

Fireball no longer causes self-damage, and no longer procs on Ember.

Saryn

Venom's status chance appears to have been greatly improved. I'm noticing more procs triggering over its duration. Your melee attacks also seem to be able to pop spores now, although it's not very consistent.

When Molt is destroyed or recast, it now inflicts 200 toxin damage in an AoE with a 100% status chance. As the initial damage decreases with distance, the maximum amount of damage that can be dealt is equal to 200 + 100 x 9 = 1100 damage over 8 seconds. For head shots, the maximum amount of damage that can be dealt is equal to 400 + 400 x 9 = 4000 damage over 8 seconds.

If Molt happens to survive its full duration, two instances of damage will be dealt, effectively doubling the maximum values previously listed. To balance this, only a limited number of enemies can receive radial damage in either case. Also, Molt's energy cost has been increased from 25 to 50.

Edited by PsycloneM

Frost

Freeze now inflicts 350 cold damage (from 125). The casting animation time has been slightly reduced. There is no AoE component, so only one target can be frozen per cast. The 50% health threshold has been removed in favor of a damage threshold. When a frozen enemy takes ~ 300 health damage, the effect wears off. Sentinels can also break the freeze effect.

Ice Wave now has a 100% status chance as described in the patch notes, meaning all damaged enemies will receive a movement/attack speed reduction for a duration. Snow Globe, as everyone should know by now, has finite health with a 30-second duration.

Avalanche now inflicts 1500 cold damage (from 1000). The casting animation time has been reduced. There is a 5 to 6-second delay before the damage is dealt to surrounding enemies. During this delay, enemies are completely incapacitated.

Edited by PsycloneM

Valkyr

Aside from specific melee mods enhancing Hysteria, I'm noticing that its attacks are all capable of damaging more than one enemy at a time. Hysteria's other attacks also appear to inflict the same amount of damage as the standard melee attacks, which is big improvement over the base 10 damage that existed before.

Hysteria still inflicts 300 base damage (evenly divided between impact, puncture, and slash), except now your melee weapon's base damage (from normal attacks) is used to increase this value. It appears as though physical/elemental damage type mods, Finishing Touch, and Smite mods have no effect on Hysteria's damage. The same is true for charge damage mods. Here's a run-through on how Hysteria's damage seems to be calculated:

In order to determine how much damage a single attack will do, divide the base damage of Hysteria by three to separate this value into IPS components.

Your melee weapon's base damage from normal attacks seems to be multiplied by 1.75, which is then added to Hysteria's base 300:

No melee mods equipped:

300 + 1.75 x base weapon damage = total damage

With Pressure Point and/or Spoiled Strike equipped, your weapon's normal attack damage is increased. 

Additional melee damage (+M%):

300 + 1.75 x base weapon damage x ( 1 + M / 100 ) = total damage

With additional power strength, simply multiply your base weapon damage by ( 1 + power strength % increase ):

Additional power damage (+P%):

300 + 1.75 x ( 1 + P / 100 ) x base weapon damage x ( 1 + M / 100 ) = total damage

Finally, Steel Charge only affects the base weapon damage in the calculation. It does not apply to the extra damage gained from melee mods:

Steel Charge (+S%):

300 + 1.75 x ( 1 + P / 100 ) x base weapon damage x ( 1 + S / 100 + M / 100 ) = total damage

To reinforce this estimated equation, here are some damage values I've observed against chargers compared to expected values. There appears to be internal rounding which I have taken into consideration:

Expected:

Aiedsam.jpg

Observed:

aBcDqY7.jpg

Critical damage mods appear to behave as you would expect. With 5.7x critical damage, I'm observing Hysteria's attacks being multiplied by a similar factor. I need to do more testing to see if critical chance mods actually affect Hysteria.

Edited by PsycloneM

What about the curious case of fang prime? What it's real base damage, 25 or 75? Do we have to weild jat kitteg.... Somethinglikethat to gain best damage buff?

Unfortunately, I don't have that weapon so I can't properly test it. If three separate instances of damage are dealt in one swing, I would assume that it would use 25 physical damage as the base. I could be wrong though. 

As for maximizing your damage output, your best bet is to equip a melee weapon with high critical damage, high base damage, and a high critical chance while using Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, and Organ Shatter. I need to test True Steel to see if it really has an effect on Hysteria's critical chance. Using the above calculations, here are a couple of examples compared to the old Hysteria:

Hysteria pre-U12, Focus + Blind Rage + Steel Charge:

300 x 1.75 x 2.29 x 1.18 = 1419 total damage before resistances ( 2837 / 5675 damage crits )

Current Hysteria, Jat Kitteg w/ Focus + Blind Rage + Steel Charge + Pressure Point + Spoiled Strike + Organ Shatter:

300 + 1.75 x 80 x 2.29 x ( 1 + 0.6 + 2.2 ) = 1518 total damage before resistances ( 4326 / 8652 damage crits )

Current Hysteria, Dual Ichor w/ Focus + Blind Rage + Steel Charge + Pressure Point + Spoiled Strike + Organ Shatter:

300 + 1.75 x 35 x 2.29 x ( 1 + 0.6 + 2.2 ) = 832 total damage before resistances ( 4742 / 9484 damage crits )

Question about Hysteria's adoption of melee weapon damage: Will it ignore weapons with innate elemental damage, like Dual Ichor?

It won't. The damage calculation seems to utilize the weapon's base damage regardless of the damage type. However, you cannot increase Hysteria's damage by equipping the appropriate elemental mod. So for instance, Shocking Touch and Focus Energy will not have any effect on Hysteria when used with a Lecta or Prova.

Edited by PsycloneM